“What a surprise!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Durham, NC
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The basic look and feel of the Oasis Bar and Grill is classic sports bar. Lots of TV, music on the weekends, pool tables, a real bar, dark wood and booths. The surprise, and it is a shock, is that food is great! So much better than you have any right to expect. The service was also excellent, with "pub level" as the expectation. If we lived in Sequim, we'd be regulars. Loved the fish & chips.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank NCDoc

Sequim, Washington
“Food & service at one of Sequim's best restaurants and bar”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Having been a regular at the Oasis for some time, I am familiar with the menu and service, As for the food, I agree with many of the previous reviews as to it's excellence. Throw in the entertainment during the week and you have a very pleasant experience. A good place to congregate with friends. I read with interest the most recent review about the service and staff - not flattering. This set me off to look at a number of previous reviews as the experience that was described was entirely contrary to what I had become accustomed to, Repeatedly the staff and service were given high praise. I am familiar with the staff and have received the best service every visit I have made. I believe that we have probably not been made privy to the complete story as the tenor of the remarks is so out of context with my experience and, apparently many others. However, in a free country, we have to respect the feelings of others, but I hope that all concerned will be able to put the situation behind them.

John C

• Visited July 2014
Sequim, Washington, United States
“Great Food, Great Service, Fun Place”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I'll admit, I'm a "regular". I'm a regular because of the great food, service, live music and overall fun (and safe) atmosphere.

Almost every Wednesday there is a group of us, numbering from 4 to 12 that go in for the chicken wings special and live music. The place is packed and sometimes hard to find a table (I would suggest reservations for Wednesdays ). The food is never a disappointment, whether having wings, salads, prime rib chili, or just a cold beer (I forgot to mention the fries are the best in town!) Sometimes the service can be a bit slow on Wednesday's due to the crowd, but we are always greeted warmly and the servers do a great job.

We ate there last night, and as usual the wings were fantastic and the mushroom-bacon-Swiss soup was incredible.

I am a professional in town, and often recommend The Oasis to my clients. They usually come away with great praise for the food and the service. You generally don't get this quality of food in a bar. And it's a great menu to choose from!

Also, it is not unusual for the owners to stop by each table to make sure everything is 'good". It's great to see the pride in ownership. They really care for their customers.

When in Sequim, stop by the Oasis, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014
“This is a bummer...”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The food there is amazing. Seriously. The most caught off guard I've ever been. You wouldn't expect the food to be as high quality as it is, considering the atmosphere and salty old locals there getting day- drunk. We went there a few weekends in a row to build our own burgers because they're insane, perfectly cooked to order. We quickly realized the waitress was absolutely terrible but didn't care, as we were in a bar at 1:00 in he afternoon. The next few times, great food, terrible service. Let it go. The typical service mistakes from a most likely lifetime food server who's bitter. Never comes to check on you, bring refills, super unfriendly and annoyed to be there, asks if you want change, (love that one) Still, we didn't care because the food is that good and life is too short.. Until the last time we went in there.... We had a group of five friends that helped us move all day. We wanted to take them to get the best burgers in town that we psyched up all day about. The mean waitress was there as per norm on the weekend. She was typically unfriendly and I tried to engage her and commented how busy they were and she smugly told me ' this isn't busy' and smirked like I was an idiot. My friends and I laughed at that when she left. Every person at the table had years and years of restaurant experience and my family had owned restaurants, so we took it in stride. But.. When she FINALLY came around to take our order, I asked if the cook could cut my burger in the back with his big knife, a common thing most places do. Mostly because she doesn't bring silverware, much less a steak knife for the huge sloppy burgers and never comes back to know you need one. When I asked though, she looked at me and said, ''usually if the customer has two arms, he won't cut it for them !''. I said, " that was rude.." and she quickly stormed away, angrily tapping at the computer as if I had just done something terrible. Everyone at the table was shocked and uncomfortable and our lunch got super weird. My friends were pissed and wanted to talk to the owner, but I said to let it go.The fact we didn't get up and leave still bothers me to this day. She eventually realized she over stepped a line of professionalism and lightened up a tiny bit. Mostly because she probably knew we were going to leave a review for that one. She explained later they were busy, which is why she said he wouldn't cut it. (Earlier I was smirked at for suggesting they were busy). Needless to say, we will never go back there and I will tell everybody who asks about the oasis. The food is amazing, the weekend waitress is the most unprofessional and slow/terrible server I've ever seen. Sucks at her job, represents what could be a a good thing very badly.

4 Thank alca1717
Dale D, Owner at The Oasis Bar and Grill, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We were very distressed to read this review. We would like to apologize for the poor service you received. We share these reviews with all of our employees and we are having an employee meeting regarding service. We want our customers to feel well taken care and welcomed.

We would like to offer you something so please contact me so that we can take care of you.

Sincerely, Dale and Janice Dunning
Sequim, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is my favorite bar / restaurant in Sequim”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The atmosphere at Oasis is friendy and relaxed. the owners and staff are really nice people. There is trivia on Sunday nights at 6pm. In addition to having good food and drinks there are pool tables, darts and an outside smoking area. There are food specials on different nights and bands. The bands vary catering to different age groups on different days.

Visited June 2014