“Very Fresh!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fresh Mix Grill and Mart - CLOSED

Fresh Mix Grill and Mart
Cuisines: Soups, American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: They are a great father and son run local place with yummy food - Here is a link to their Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/freshmixgrillmart
Sequim, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Fresh!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food was great. The guys are friendly and love to cook. It was quick and easy to get in and out in a timely manner. A must for lunch!

Visited March 2013

Colorado
“The name is accurate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were driving along looking for a lunch place when I saw the brightly colored sign at the gas station, across a huge parking lot from a farm coop/hardware store. Under the name Fresh Mix Grill, a brief list of sandwiches appeared. Not much to go on, but a peep at the cheerful little restaurant building somehow sent us the message to give it a try. I'm glad we did.

As soon as we stepped toward the front door, the sign stating they use Pane d'Amore bread (a bakery with stores in Sequim, Port Townsend, and Bainbridge Island) pretty much clinched it for me. The aroma of sizzling steak would've sealed the deal if the bread had not. My husband and I both ordered cheese steak subs, mine with grilled onions and his with grilled green peppers.

I am not a Philly native and make no pretensions as to "authenticity." But I will say that this sub met the bottom-line criterion for food: It looked, smelled, and tasted great. Really, really great. The steak must've been from real beef cooked right there, tender and layered with a beautiful undertone of garlic, not garlic powder or paste but actual minced fresh garlic. Dressed with the grilled sweet onions and surrounded by a pillow of a fresh sub roll that had been butter-grilled, the hot sandwich could not have been better. Well, except maybe with onions AND peppers AND mushrooms AND tomatoes--any or all of which can be specified when ordering. And the list of options goes on. Fresh Mix boasts that they make custom sandwiches, and the owner proudly states that the customer decides what goes into the mix. Next time I will add more veggies to that cheese steak. Of course, I may want to try the sausage sub instead, or the Italian, or the BLT sandwich, or or or or.

We now look forward to our next lunch in Sequim, something that was not the case before. This one immediately made it onto our "go-back-for-more" list. If you, too, want to sink your teeth into a delectable sandwich, look for the block that has the Farm Co-op/True Value sign across a big parking lot from a Shell gas station. Turn when you get to the Crayola-bright Fresh Mix sign. And follow your nose.

• Visited July 2013
Sequim, WA
“Great soup and sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great soup and sandwiches. Best BLT I've ever had. Good variety of soups.
everything I've had here was very good. Locally owned and sourced. Don't miss this one.

• Visited June 2013
Sequim, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Went here 3 times with a friend of mine. Trust me, it is very hard to unimpress me when it comes to food but this place did. First time had a sandwich and it was very good but took forever. Second time we had tacos and they were okay but not great and took forever. Third and definitely LAST time, we went for burgers and they were not good. Mine was not done all the way and bun was very soggy. My friends was supposed to have grilled onions and the onions were barely cooked. Not good, especially for the price.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Laura T
pacific northwest
“Uniquely good, and Family Owned”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Sequim's "pocket restaurant," the owners are fanatics for fresh ingredients, personal service (everything is cooked or made to order) and enough variety to satisfy nearly everyone. Further, they offer gluten-free bread for their generous sandwiches.

Look for the bright yellow building beside the Shell station. (No, their slogan is not, "Eat here and get gas"!)

Great for take-out. They fill phoned-in orders.

And don't miss the fresh-squeezed lemonade!

• Visited March 2013