“Great value, convenient location for Olympic peninsula”

Sequim West Inn & RV Park
Ranked #9 of 10 Sequim B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I stayed at this Inn for a few days ahead of a business trip to Seattle, having found this place on Trip Advisor. The price is low, but the standard of the accommodation is right up with more expensive motels I have stayed in before. Oh, and it has free wifi too (better than my business hotel in Seattle, which charged extra!)

The Inn is run by a friendly and helpful couple, and is just as described - and excellent value too. It is located on the edge of town, but there are a few places to eat nearby and a large supermarket within a couple of blocks. The town is close to the main highway along the north of the peninsula towards the National Park, and Dungeness spit is nearby on the coast, so very convenient for visting the area.

Coming from the UK there was the slight complication that they don't have online booking, but making a reservation by phone worked out fine. If I were in the area again I would certainly stay here.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank SteveMOxfordshire_UK

Reviewed June 18, 2010

The Sequim West Inn was recommended to us by our long-time friends, who now live in Sequim, Washington. We negotiated the price and stayed four nights in a quite comfortable one-bed room.

The ceiling was white with roughly 4" by 3" deep dark brown wood beams spaced about 3' apart running the length and width of the ceiling. The walls were also white and the section by the bed had mirrors framed by dark brown boards. This decor gives you an immediate feeling of simplicity and welcome.

The owners are gracious and friendly. They also have an RV park and a few small cottages for rent.

Lyle & Trudi Miller, Minneapolis

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LyleMiller
Reviewed June 5, 2010

My husband and I took a little road trip up from Oregon for a mini vaca for Memorial Day Weekend. We were only to stay 2 days so we wanted to be put up in a nice place close to all there is in town. This place was perfect! We only anticipated to stay in a nice motel room but they had a reasonably priced 1 bedroom cottage rental available for us that made us feel even more disconnected to our daily lives. This is a smaller town so no matter where we would've stayed it wouldn't take a long time to get to where we wanted but this place is literally in the heart of the city. The nice lady at the front desk told us there was a music festival in the next town over which we both enjoyed and returning to our 'home away from home' was very fun! She also mentioned the area offered many hiking trails, we didn't get a chance. I'm an outdoorsy kinda girl and the stay was better than expected so I'd definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy8868
Reviewed April 16, 2010

On a way to the Olympic NP on 101 there is no better place to stay. A good value for very clean, cozy, well-light, quite room with all the amenities needed including free I-net. A very clean and handy laundry room with a sink and a table. Really thick towels! Places to dine and refill backpacks are in a close vicinity. And a very nice manager.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ninking
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We tried this place after realizing a "cheap" motel down the road was not worth saving a few bucks. The managers are friendly and accommodating. We did appreciate the accents and all the wood and trim. Very clean - the managers obviously take pride in their establishment, and it shows. I thought we got a super value considering the price of the room. 4 stars on the quality of sleep due to some late night noise from upstairs, but overall, not an issue. Easy access to the Olympic Discover Trail, which we used for biking and running.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1clearsky
Reviewed March 12, 2010

I'm a coast to coast traveler from Michigan, I like to do it once a year. It can be hard at times to find a place that really makes you feel at home. This place was wonderful. Very clean room, the bed was so comfortable. I slept like a baby! Real wood furniture, made me feel right at home. I really like the unique decor of the room, deep rich colors added to a nice pleasant feel. Wanted to try the golf package but didn't time this trip but will definitely do it next time I stay.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2009

I am currently making multiple trips to Sequim on business, about every other week or so. I had stayed once at another motel in town, and was disappointed that the non-smoking room that I requested (because I'm allergic) had in fact plainly been smoked in. So when I found that the non-smoking room I asked for at this motel was fresh-air clean and immaculate, I was really happy. Because I'm traveling solo on business I'm not too bothered about the "atmosphere", and find the outdated mock-tudor decor amusing rather than depressing. One thing about solid dark green carpet: if there is any dirt in the room, it would totally show - and none did. The bathroom is also scrupulously clean, and the tub drains properly - no filthy water around one's ankles. The microwave and other amenities in the room are very handy, especially when it comes to reheating the takeout Thai food from across the street (which is very nice, BTW). It is a family business rather than a chain and I prefer to support that, and everyone I've met on the desk has been friendly and polite. The only reason I don't give it five stars is because I think the mattress in my room feels elderly and saggy (I get the same room every time because it's overall good value for me), and right now in the winter I have a little trouble keeping the room warm enough. Other than that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
#1 of 16 in Port Angeles
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#5 of 10 in Sequim

Been to Sequim West Inn & RV Park? Share your experiences!