All reviews great room dungeness granola private beach common room wonderful hosts downstairs suite backyard garden view suite olympic peninsula old carpet warm memories immediately felt at home vancouver island wonderful stay gourmet breakfast fruits and veggies
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

First of all, the location could not be more beautiful and serene. The ocean (Dungeness Bay & the Strait of Juan de Fuca) on one side, green fields and snow-covered mountains on the other. The inn is a converted barn and it's spotlessly clean and decorated in a really natural, lovely way. IMO the website pictures don't even halfway do it justice. The Great Room upstairs has a gorgeous view of the ocean with comfy places to sit, and a table to read, write, or color (!) at overlooking the pretty garden. Nice little touches of snacks & books scattered around, and a hay loft-turned-meditation-space above. The breakfasts are PHENOMENAL featuring fresh eggs from their chickens and some really tasty and inventive items. We are huge foodies and it takes some really fresh cooking to knock our socks off. Consider us sockless! Beautiful spots to sit in the garden or eat al fresco in nice weather. The hosts are great people as other reviews have mentioned- totally friendly and easy to get along with. As we all know that makes a huge difference in the vibe of an inn. Dungeness Barn is everything I could want in a B & B, and furthermore it feels like a home bc of the 2 golden doodles scampering around- 1 of whom we are lucky to meet as a puppy. :) I was truly hoping for a beautiful, divinely restful and friendly place to stay and Dungeness Barn House hit all that on the money. All told, best place we've ever stayed!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monnin C, General Manager at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2017

What a beautiful thoughtful review. We feel so honored to receive such high praise.
Thank you so much for all your generious raves. You were delightful guest and we enjoyed having you here. We fill so lucky to be able to do what we do and live were we live.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

I have to come up 3 or 4 times a year to see my parents, who retired in Sequim. Sue and Claire always make me feel like one of the family, including my dog, Byron! The rooms are perfect! The food is better than anything you will get in town. My home away from home!

Room tip: If you have a bigger dog the bigger rooms are better and more private.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Monnin C, General Manager at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2017

Oh ! Thank you for taking time of this review. We always love having you.
Byron is a delight also. It is our joy and pleasure . Nothing feels as good as knowing that our guest are comfortable and have the sense of home away from home.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

My bf, our little dog and I stayed in this lovely B and B during our vacation. We absolutely loved it.
The location is perfect : right next to the wonderful beach (there is a short walkway leading to the B and B private beach). B and B is right on charming Marine Dr and it's really amazing to go for sunset or morning walks - the view is incredible over the Straits.

B and B is an art itself. It's beautifully designed with great taste. There are beautiful old and new furniture pieces; various decoration items; bed was so comfy !(we stayed at the Suite). I picked some design ideas. :-) bath and shower creams and soaps are great and all towels colors are very pretty. I write a lot about it because I notice these things and the owners did a terrific decoration job.

Breakfasts were state of the art. We travelled to Italy and other countries and stayed in some great b and bs and little hotels in Positano and Capri and had a lot of incredible breakfasts not to mention my business trips all over Asia for work. But those breakfasts in Dungeness Barn were the best in my opinion - beautifully made and accompanied with few delicious beverages and in beautiful china. Wow ! We loved breakfasts ! We were even offered delicious snacks and wine in the afternoon !

They also have beautiful garden with comfy outdoor furniture and it is fully fenced in the back so our little dog loved to run around.

And of course hostesses were so welcoming and caring. They made our stay perfect and we will definitely return soon! We highly recommend this amazing B and B!

Room tip: Suite has incredible view over the Straits from all windows.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monnin C, Manager at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Wow thank you so much for such a beautiful review. We enjoyed having you and it was lots of fun talking and sharing decor ideas. You make our heart sing with so much beautiful praise. We love what we do and it is nice to know that it is enjoyed by others.
Thank you again.
Clare

Reviewed December 8, 2016

The Dungeness Barn House is one of the best places we've ever had the privilege of staying in! Literally, it's perfect.

My boyfriend, our dog and I traveled to Sequim and stayed at Dungeness BH for one week. The property is beautiful with picturesque views in every direction - the Dungeness Spit out front and mountains/gardens in the back. Every single detail inside and outside was made/chosen with care and purpose. They even have shampoo/soap/lotion especially made for the inn by a local soapmaker. You are in awe of and inspired by your surroundings from the minute you wake up to the minute you nestle into your comfy bed.

Sue and Clare are the most gracious hosts you could imagine. One of the other reviewers said that "some people were just born to be certain things, and Clare was born to run a b&b" - I couldn't have said it any better myself about Clare and Sue. We really enjoyed seeing them and visiting with them each morning. And, our dog Biscuit loved playing (ok well, laying around with) their gentle, friendly dog Fee. :)

The food is simply amazing, so thoughtful and creative - 2 course breakfasts, everything homemade with ingredients from the garden and fresh eggs from the hen house, fresh squeezed juice, herb-infused water. I am still thinking about the "Hiker's Waffle...!" Another cool thing we got to experience at Dungeness BH was a wine tasting that Clare organized with another B&B down the road who is a sommelier - really fun!

We were in Sequim because I participated in Katy Bowman's Nutritious Movement 5 day training, and Clare and Sue were kind enough to pack me a delicious, nutritious gourmet lunch each day of the training - salads with nuts, seeds and fresh grilled salmon, I had a lobster roll pita one day, and always sides of fruit, crackers etc. - I couldn't have picked a better option for lunch anywhere. If you are coming to Sequim for Katy's trainings, I highly recommend staying at Dungeness because, among many reasons, the bag lunches were so healthy and convenient. (FYI Dungeness is about a 7 min drive from the NM Center).

We thought we ended up here on accident (we had a VRBO reserved but it fell through a few weeks before our trip); however, it wasn't an accident but sweet serendipity that brought us to stay here. It's been a month since we were there and we still talk about it every day. We cannot wait to return! Thank you, Clare and Sue, for creating and fostering such a special experience! -Kathleen, Jeff and Biscuit

Room tip: We loved the upstairs room w/full size bed, but if you have the budget, splurge on one of the suites!
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monnin C, General Manager at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Oh My Gosh, what a heartfelt amazing review. Thank you so much for that.
It was just wonderful having the 3 of you here for the week. We really enjoyed having you here. We would love to have you back anytime. It is so rewarding when we hear that our guest were happy and comfortable .
Thank you again for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

Reviewed November 10, 2016

The two ladies running the B&B were very welcoming hosts, and fun to talk with. The rooms were comfortable and relaxing, and breakfast was delicious. The local area is pretty, you can see Vancouver Island across the straight, and Dungeness Spit is right near by - a great day stroll out into the ocean blue.

This was a wonderful way to treat my girlfriend to a get-away for her birthday.

Thank you Clare and Su!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Monnin C, Manager at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2016

Thank you so much for taking time to write this lovely review. It was wonderful having you here. We hope that you will be back.
Clare