“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 10 Sequim B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 26, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights with Ms. Berta at her lovely home/B&B in April. Her gardens are absolutely splendid. Her breakfasts are elegant and detailed and tasty. She is knowledgeable about the area, has a beautiful view from every part of her property. The bedding and all accommodations were 5 star. Peaceful, relaxing, and tranquil location.

Room Tip: Either room is fantastic. Upstairs room is close to self serve coffee and snacks, and sitting room w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your visit to the "barn-house". I am happy that you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful part of the world.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I'm originally from Sequim and my husband and I recently returned for a family event. We were excited to experience our first B&B stay, with Berta. She took such good care of us, we enjoyed her breakfasts so much! And I loved that we had horses in common. She was a delight to get to know! She's so such a thoughtful hostess. I LOVED looking around the house at all her treasured antiques, having our morning coffee in the garden (1st morning) and overlooking the straits the next. But we can't say enough about what a comfortable bed it was! I found myself quizzing her about it the next morning, my husband said it was the first time in years he hasn't woke up during the night. We enjoyed a walk down to the beach and got some great pictures. She's blessed to have such a beautiful property and she has made it an oasis with her gardening skills. Thank you Berta and we will see you again!

Room Tip: Its a bit out of town, but worth the drive. King room is larger, but shower is small. Queen room i...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sweetcakes23

It was lovely having you visit. It is always fun to talk "horses".

Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I were recently lucky enough to choose this B & B (because of the already great reviews). Berta is the best host ever and her breakfasts are excellent, as everyone has already mentioned. While we were out one of the evenings of our stay, we came back to a note that said there was pie in the kitchen:) I can't think of anything better to come back "home" to. I say "home" because that's exactly what it felt like.

I would like to mention that B & B is very nicely located, with a view of the Dungeness Spit and the Straight of Juan de Fuca. Nothing was more than a few miles away. The beachfront, which is part of the B & B, has a beautiful deck where you can sit and gaze at the water and waterfowl. We also saw a harbor seal and three eagles.

All in all, staying at the Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast was a treat not to be missed. Will we be going back? Most definitely :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the room downstairs with the king bed with a soaking tub in the bathroom. You have a b...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DMC551
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

It was lovely meeting you both. I am happy that you liked my Grandma's Rhubarb-Custard pie....

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We just got back last night! What a beautiful place, run by a lovely, talented person (Berta). We stayed with our two girls 10 and 3. Highlights:
- All the amazing things mentioned by the other reviewers are true.
- I am a vegetarian (dont eat eggs), and Berta made me my first eggless waffle, quiche, and muffins, plus fresh fruits, granola, etc. Each breakfast was an art in itself. I doubt I will get breakfast like this again unless I go back to the B&B.
- Berta was wonderful to our kids. The place has lovely bedrooms for kids to use, and Berta indulged them by being attentive, letting them feed the fish, play with the dogs, etc.
- Stunning ocean views and mountain views and garden views from every window.
We are so fortunate to have discovered this place!

Room Tip: Both rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GrDream
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

The girls were such a delight. I am so happy that you had a lovely time on your anniversary. It was my pleasure to create breakfasts that everyone could enjoy.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Dungeness Barn House B&B last night. What a treat! I made one mistake in only scheduling for an overnight trip...I arrived in Sequim about noon on Saturday and needed to leave right after breakfast on Sunday morning. I traveled alone with "Sydney" my 9 pound Chihuahua/Terrier mix (or did Sydney travel alone except for me?), need to discuss with Berta (proprietor) to make sure dog size is OK and the "dog" suite downstairs is available. I traveled alone to scout out the location for a future visit with my elderly folks, as well as to get a quick decompression trip from life's hassles...perfect place for that. Here's the break-down:

1) Berta - what a wonderful host, Meets you warmly at the door when you arrive by name, gives you a tour and any information you need right when you arrive. She suggested a restaurant for me that uses local/organic foods and immediately made a reservation for me.

2) This B&B only takes cash or check - I saw on their website so was prepared. Berta unexpectedly adjusted my bill due to me traveling single (she said it was because there was only one breakfast [I'll get to that later] she needed to prepare) but I think she's just a fair minded person...it never even crossed my mind so I was pleasantly surprised.

3) I had already done some day hiking in the nearby Olympic National Park...don't miss out on that one, and went up to Hurricane Ridge (note that the Parks charge $15 for a seven day pass and you should check for snow first...it was fine in April when I went). The area is a beautiful mix of snow capped mountains and water...wish clear cutting never happened...it is a bummer to the views.

4) I stayed in the downstairs suite, has a shower and a jetted tub (didn't use) with a myriad of bath salts etc. Room is clean and well furnished with cute knicknacks plus a large flat screen TV with satellite and a king size bed...so comfy with the temperpedic kind of thingy...beware if you don't like, I loved it as my back didn't hurt waking up for the first time in a long time...side note I am buying one from Amazon today. Room has a view of the ocean as it is in the front of the house as well as the 300 or so lavender plants in the front yard (they haven't bloomed yet...I think July?). Anyways, it had everything I needed and more...oh ya Wi-fi too. FYI I have AT&T and I had some trouble with dropped calls, probably would work fine if I walked outside but I was lazy. Reception in Sequim and the surrounding area seemed fine to me.

5) Big room upstairs is a comfy place to watch a movie (big TV up there), look through large windows and enjoy sunset and sunrise...also a telescope for looking at passing boats etc.

6) Before arrival, via e-mail Berta asked me my preference for food..I said I like everything except I don't eat red meat and don't like cilantro...humor...I thought I liked everything? Berta came through for this "non-picky" eater and made me a Dungeness crab omelet with juice, hashbrowns, toast and local marion berry jam. Probably one of the best breakfasts ever! To start there was Greek yogurt with super ripe strawberries and blackberries with some crunchy granola.

I'll definitely be going back, but next time for at least two nights. It was Easter weekend so I was the only one there and had the whole house to myself, but I will be renting both suites when I go next time. Great home base to discover this great geographic location. Don't forget the private beach, the backyard, birds, and potential for kayaking and crabbing. It was too overcast to see many stars, but I hear for us city dwellers that it's breathtaking. You won't regret it, give it a try.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank SydneyChihuahua

Thank you. I enjoyed you and Sydney's visit too. I hope the stars cooperate on your next visit. The sky has been clear this week and I thought of you when I was out enjoying them.

Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed one night at the Dungeness Barn bed and breakfast on our way home from Oregon. We had seen the excellent reviews and I must say that they did not exaggerate! We were warmly greeted by Berta, the owner, and given a tour. The house is absolutely beautiful and is tastefully decorated with antiques and unique objects and art. Our room was a delight... A huge bed with gorgeous bedding and an unbelievably comfortable mattress. There were special touches everywhere, like an array of bath products, chocolates, a lighted magnified mirror, plush towels, decorative birdhouses, and dried lavender. I especially enjoyed the jacuzzi soaker tub. A delicious breakfast was served in the quaint dining room. The freshly baked blueberry cream cheese muffins were great and the coffee was the best! And unlike a lot of bed and breakfasts, The Dungeness Barn accepts dogs. I only wished we could have stayed more than one night.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms, both equally beautiful, but the ground floor room is great for dogs... You...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreenLakeReener
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We had the pleasure of spending one night at the Dungeness Barn B&B on our way home from Oregon. We had read the reviews on trip advisor and I must say that they do not exaggerate. We were warmly greeted by Berta, the owner, and given a tour of the house. The whole place is absolutely lovely and the rooms are tastefully decorated with beautiful antiques and unique art. Our room on the main floor had a huge king bed with wonderful bedding and an amazingly comfortable mattress. We enjoyed the in-room chocolates and the jacuzzi soaker tub. There are special touches everywhere, like an array of bath products, decorative birdhouses, lighted magnified mirror, and lavender. A delicious breakfast was served in the quaint dining room. Everything was great, especially the coffee and homemade blueberry/
cream cheese muffins. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay and only wished we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Both rooms are exquisite, but if you are traveling with your dog, you will find the lower room and e...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GreenLakeReener
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Greenhouse Inn by the Bay
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#6 of 10 in Sequim

Been to The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!