“They should change their name to "Rain On Your Parade" Farm”

Sunshine Herb and Lavender Farm
Ranked #15 of 39 things to do in Sequim
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I love lavender, especially the taste. I was excited to see so many things in their shop but wanted to try to their ice cream first. That took a while because the woman checking us out kept finding other things to do in the middle of our transaction. She didn't talk to us, (not even to ask what we wanted, we volunteered that) but to the other employees about several different things like what to do with the tip jar and other things that needed to be done. One of the many signs telling us what not to do said that we had to pay with cash which was annoying because we couldn't get our change back because of these conversations that she kept stopping to initiate.When she finally handed our change back, she didn't say anything. I said "Have a wonderful day!" thinking she should be the one saying that. She glared at me! As we walked away, I heard her say "Thank you!" in a sarcastic tone. REALLY?! The polite thing would be to say "You too." not sarcastically. I was hoping the ice cream would improve my impression but it was chalky, lacked real flavor, and certainly not worth the $4 for one scoop. After this, we went over to Purple Haze Farms where not only were the food and the service better, but even the lavender looked more vibrant. I think everyone at Sunshine farms is unhappy. Don't bother with them. They obviously can't be bothered with customers unless it is to rain on their parade.

6  Thank starannies

Reviewed June 16, 2014

This farm was beautiful so we stopped and bought quite a few things but the owners weren't very friendly or helpful. This was the only place on our entire road trip that we found the people not to be very personable. Products seem to be good though.

3  Thank Luvinlife34266
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What an amazing store this was and Carman is a very creative individual just by looking at her store. Everything was in its place and easy to look for things that you had interest for yourself. Her rubs are outstanding (chicken and beef) because my family was the official tasters for the new rubs that I was using. And everyone was very glad of the out come of these new rubs. Her Bar B Q sauce was also a hit on our chicken. She made you fell like a family member at her store, a wonderful person to meet and to know.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Not only is Sunshine Lavender Farm a beautiful property, but Carmen (the owner) knows everything there is to know about lavender and many other herbs. She has "remedies" for everything. AND.....she makes almost all the products herself.....including a great variety of culinary products, teas, sauces, syrups and more. Located right on Hwy 101, it is easy to find and should be the first stop for anyone interested in lavender - or wanting to learn more about lavender. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Sure, I live close by, which means, I have the ability to wander through ALL of the farms anytime I want. There are, I guess, nice things about most if not all of the farms...they all have lavender! However, not all of'um have Carmen! Oh, you'll know her when you walk into the store, which will drive you right out of your mind...if it ain't there, Carmen'll make it, or you don't need it! Being a retired Master Chef, her culinary section is a grown up "toy store!" It's the storehouse of tastes good! Carmen will spend as much time as you need, making sure the right culinary lavender that SHE creates right there, is what you need. The young men who seem to be everyplace at once, are her boys...it figures! They're great too. The Lavender...well, I think the only thing that separates Sunshine from France, is language! From Seattle, it's on Highway 101 just about 1/4 mile on the left after you cross out of Jefferson County. The big red barn and meticulously kept grounds, tell ya to come on in, have some outrageous coffee, wander around the store, go out and wander about, ask the boys about the plants, and just make yourself at home. Oh, the lemon-lavender shortbread cookies really go good with coffee. Oh, one last thing...they oughta outlaw the hand cream...it's that good. I feel like I'm being pampered each time I use it. It's the first farm...in more ways than one!!

1  Thank RetiredJimbo