“Quality Food / Great Service / Good pricing”
Review of Fortune Star

Fortune Star
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The restaurant is well maintained and pleasantly decorated. The music is truly background and not overwhelming. Now for the most important part of the review.....THE FOOD... I have been going to this establishment since they first opened. The family run business is established to SERVE you the best, freshest, well prepared and presented meal that you would want. I have never had a bad meal or a cold meal. I highly recommend this restaurant to all.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Food here is consistently good, and is by far the best in town. We tried a new Chinese restaurant for lunch today, and will stick to Fortune Star from now on. Service can be a bit slow when they get really busy, but the food is worth the wait.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Yesterday I went with a girlfriend for dinner. I usually eat Chinese at either Moon Palace or Chinese Garden but she wanted to try Fortune Star so we did.
First we had to stand several minutes at the reception desk while what turned out to be our waiter completely ignored us and talked on the telephone. Finally he got off the phone and as he was leaving he said over his shoulder, "Just a minute."

When he came back, he sat us in the far corner of the second room. Eventually he took our orders. I ordered an appitizer of barbequed pork, was advised that it came covered in a sauce so I said, "no sauce" and was asked if I wanted it hot or cold. I said "hot." My friend ordered and received quickly a bland serving of almond chicken and fried rice with canned peas and carrots.

An hour later neither my food nor the waiter had made another appearance. In the meantime, I had tried to use a very dirty bathroom with broken toilet paper dispenser that is out in the communal hall so also used by other businesses in the building.

My friend finished her meal, pushed the plate away and waited for her bill, I was still trying unsuccessfully to catch the waiter's attention as he flitted from kitchen to tables in the other room and other wall from our little corner.

Finally, he brought her bill and a small plate of dark brown dried up sliced pork and tried to put it in front of me (no seseme, no mustard, no ketchup). I said, "I don't want that" so he said "I'll put it in a box for you." I refused and left.

From now on I will stick to the two Chinese Restaurants in Sequim that I know are good. Chinese Garden has delicious almond chicken and Moon Palace excellent Cantonese S & S pork and both do a very good job at fried rice and barbequed pork with excellent attention and service to go with it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Not super-gourmet but excellent quality Chinese food. We usually do take-away but the remodeled restaurant space is nice as well.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had dinner at the Fortune Star. Our food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not the "best Chinese ever"; it was just pretty good. The atmosphere in the restaurant is very nice and the server was attentive. Our food came quickly and was reasonably priced. We'd eat here again if we were hungry for Chinese food.