“Expensive for what you get”
Review of Sunshine Cafe

Sunshine Cafe
Ranked #19 of 87 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Olympia, Washington
“Expensive for what you get”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We had lunch and I had two eggs, hash browns, and toast. My wife has a grilled cheese and fries. The bill before tip was over $16, which we saw as slightly pricey. The food was average and the service was good. The place was basically empty at lunch time, which should have told us something. There are better choices in Sequim.

• Visited December 2013

West Long Branch, New Jersey
“Fresh”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Everything we had was fresh, from the french fries to the salad dressings. Not fancy food but it does make a difference when food is not frozen pre-made stuff. Kids under 10 eat for free!!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Visionmixer
pacific northwest
“A Revised Menu!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've complimented the "Sunny" before, but feel the need to call attention to the exceptional revision to their menu. Larger, more descriptive, easier to scan and with some new dishes, this change makes this Sequim institution even better!

Further, the use of graphic symbols with key dishes--gluten free, no dairy, low-cal, Angus beef--allows those with dietary restrictions to quickly scan the menu to find exactly the meal they will enjoy in confidence.

And I still maintain that the world's best Denver Omelette can be enjoyed at the Sunny.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank samdeeds
Globe, Arizona
“A very popular cafe!”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stopped by with friends for lunch today, and we're glad to have found seating. As we ate, group after group of customers came and left, because there was no room, no seating. It really seems like the cafe is THE spot with locals. The service was excellent, but I'd have to honestly say the food was average. I had the clam chowder and a corn muffin with honey butter. The chowder was definitely homemade with nice pieces of bacon and potatoes but not many clams...more of a potato soup I guess. It could have used a bit more seasoning. The corn muffin was dry, could have been moister. My companion had the fish and a cup of chowder, reporting that the panko breaded fish was crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside, flavor was good. Our other companions had sandwiches that were average. If I went back to Sequim WA, I would probably try other restaurants.

• Visited October 2013
Anchorage
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food was mouth watering! Had soup and a Rueben. This was the best Rueben I have had in years! The service was wonderful, they make you feel welcome and like you are family.

Visited August 2013