“Horrible service”

Sunshine Cafe
Ranked #20 of 87 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Rant to the waitress at the Sunshine Cafe in Sequim who took offense at my politely questioning why a couple who had come in twenty minutes after us were served their food before us. The waitress then took our food that was finally ready and dumped it in the garbage saying she wasn't going to serve us. We had to wait nearly half an hour to get waited on and then it took nearly a half an hour to be served. Her response to my comment was to say that we had special ordered our food; cooking bacon crips is a special order ?!? I felt she was being confrontational and asked her to shut up (probably not the best thing to say) and leave. She would not leave our table, telling me how disrespectful I was. She kept standing at our table, expecting God knows what, and then she finally said she wasn't going to serve us. She then went and dumped our waiting food in the garbage. Wow!! - very unprofessional!!

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I titled my review "Mixed Review" because my wife and I left with different opinions. I had their "Pig Out" breakfast and she had the Veggie Hash Browns. I was extremely happy with my meal but my wife was disappointed. I had German sausage, hash browns, and two eggs over easy that was excellent and very filling. I left the Sunshine Cafe full and happy. Unforunately my wife said her breakfast was plain with little taste. She also said she left hungry.

We both agreed that the service was extremely friendly but the place was fairly crowded so the service was pretty slow. They also made a mistake with our bill so it took even longer to settle up at the end of the meal.

I would gladly return but probably without my wife. We both appreciated that the Sunshine Cafe appeared to be a faimly owned and operated business.

1  Thank AKPROG
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Great service and amazing food! The service here is the best. Gigi remembers peoples orders. Great local place for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Small cafe in town. Very busy, great service and food.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've had multiple items at the Sunshine and they are all very good. Eggs benedict is my go to dish here and they cook the eggs perfectly and the sauce is tasty and finishes off the dish. I've had scrambles here and also biscuts and gravy and wasn't disappointed with any of them. Breakfast is a bit spendy here but it's certainly a step up from the local IHOP; you get what you pay for and the portions are hearty at the Sunshine. Pay attention to when you are going as the place is pretty small and can get busy FAST.

1  Thank Downtown48