“Good breakfast place in Sequim...”
Review of Sunshine Cafe

Sunshine Cafe
Ranked #19 of 88 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've had multiple items at the Sunshine and they are all very good. Eggs benedict is my go to dish here and they cook the eggs perfectly and the sauce is tasty and finishes off the dish. I've had scrambles here and also biscuts and gravy and wasn't disappointed with any of them. Breakfast is a bit spendy here but it's certainly a step up from the local IHOP; you get what you pay for and the portions are hearty at the Sunshine. Pay attention to when you are going as the place is pretty small and can get busy FAST.

1  Thank Downtown48

Reviewed July 7, 2012

A very popular place with good food. You can't go wrong. Very friendly staff but be patient, they can get pretty busy!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I took my mom here for lunch for her birthday. She lives in Sequim but had never been to the Sunshine Cafe.
The food is really, really good and the portions are enormous. The homemade clam chowder is probably the best clam chowder I've ever had. The sweet potato fries were also excellent.
I don't think the prices are as reasonable as the other reviewers have said. We ordered two sandwich entrees, a pop, a tea, and a side of sweet potato fries to share, and with the tip it came to $40. That's pretty steep for lunch for two in my opinion; that's why my rating is four stars instead of five.
Also, beware of the hours. They close at 3:00. We didn't realize this and arrived at about 2:45, and when I realized they closed at 3:00 I felt bad. They didn't give us any trouble about it though.

2  Thank Marilynn76
Reviewed February 16, 2012

We love the breakfast and service and have it at least once a week. I love the corned beef hash and my husband like their pancakes.The service is also great and our waitress always greets us with a smile and talks to us during our visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is a nice cafe in downtown Sequim. The breakfasts are quite good. The sandwitches are simple but good. Artwork is by a local artist who did the cartoons for the local newspaper before he died recently. This gives a local flavor to the place.