“Okay Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellingham, Washington
“Okay Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This relatively new HIE is close to the highway and offers competitive pricing, however, it is not one of the nicest HIE we’ve ever stayed at. Housekeeping fair. Not great sound insulation between rooms. We awoke to a water leak in our room, --- packed up all of our belongings so nothing would get wet. When we reported the leak to the front desk, they didn't seem concerned at all. Okay for a night or two.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank 2RoadTrippers2013
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am sorry you did not find your stay as great as it could be! I would like to apologize, too, that you experienced issues, like a leaking pipe or noise issues. Our maintenance worker has been in since and fixed any issues, and I am sorry that our front desk agent came off as unconcerned. I assure you, we did solve the issues as quickly as we could. Additionally, while we did install much more than the standard insulation in the walls, occasionally, there can be noises from other rooms. If these are an issue, we are happy to alert the other guest, or even help you move from one room to another, if we are able! I hope you will give us another shot.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Everett, WA
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for a few nights so we could explore the area. This is a nice hotel, very clean and well maintained. The beds are comfortable ( very important!). The self serve breakfast offered each morning was quite decent, with a good selection of both hot and cold options. The only real disappointment was the wifi. It was almost non existent for our entire stay. Very spotty and could only connect twice for a few minutes over our stay. After repeated efforts, we did call the tech help but got no help and the promised call back never happened. Overall, a nice hotel on the outskirts of Sequim, which made for a quiet, pleasant stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kat S
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
First, I'd like to thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to review us! I'm glad you enjoyed much of your stay. Despite that, however, I would also like to apologize that you experienced issues with our wireless internet. If you are ever confronted by these sorts of issues again, be sure to let our front desk know, and we will do our best to get things working. I hope you will give us another chance!
Redmond, Washington, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2013

A friend and I stayed here so that we could bike the Pacific Crest Trail from Sequim to Port Angeles, which I can't say enough good things about! Our 45 mile round trip was simply amazing. The hotel was clean, quaint and had great access to a wonderful diner just across the parking lot. The breakfast was quite good too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beverly S
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Quick access to the Olympic Discovery Trail is one of the great features of our facility here, and I am happy to hear our guests are taking advantage of it. I hope you will stay with us again!
West Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is the closest you will find to an actual hotel in Sequim. The staff was very courteous from the front desk clerks to the breakfast person. The place is practically brand new. Nice lobby and sitting areas, which included books to read like Lake Wobegon by Garrison Keilor. The room seemed bigger because of the high ceilings. The pool, spa and workout room were all nice with towels provided. There is a rooftop patio with tables and chairs which would be nice in the summer time.
The breakfast buffet was free. Included were basic cheese omelets or scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, assorted breads etc, cereal, yogurt and a cool automatic pancake making machine. It cost us $99/night in November. There is also the Black Bear Diner next door. You cant walk into town from here but it is a short drive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! It looks like you had a chance to get around the facility. We are always happy to read that our guests were satisfied, and it looks like you were. I hope you will choose us again in the future!
Seattle
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We took a Fall overnight trip over to the peninsula and were headed to Port Angeles to possibly stay the night. After hitting the worlds tiniest casino nearby, the sun was setting as we approached Sequim. We had driven through this town many times, but I thought it might be fun to explore it that night and into Sunday. I noticed the Holiday Inn Express and quickly made an online reservation on the road. We booked in just a half hour later to what we have come to believe is the best Hotel chain for us. This HIE was great as many of the others I have stayed at, and was spotless. I especially love the iced cold water with lemon slices in it at the lobby level. It is so refreshing. We found the room to be large enough, quite comfortable and clean. The only negative was that our room was located close to a noisy elevator, but also found that was just a minor disturbance. The staff was fantastic, and although they had a bit of an issue with my name used to book, but my wife signing in to the room, they made up for it with a simple apology. I had to show my ID to get the room which was only a minor inconvenience, and seemed to affect my wife more than I. Breakfast room was great, and the usual bill of fare was just fine. We grabbed a few bananas after breakfast and explored the entire area. From the shoreline to the mountains, Sequim is a pretty cool area to visit. I had no idea there were such beautiful areas as the spit, the county park, and the marina named after the famed John Wayne. Coffee Houses were neat, but the pastries in this town are not all that good. And I might have tried them all.
I highly recommend this HI Express when in the area. Price is right, rooms are great, and staff is A-ok....what more do you need?

Room Tip: AWAY from elevators!
Green Features: This hotel seems to take the environment seriously with reminders, and eco friendly lighting.KUDOS to them
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here in Sequim! I'm sorry that you were placed near an elevator. We try to ensure our guests have a quiet, restful night of sleep. I hope that you will give us a chance to make it up to you!
Fortaleza, CE
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rooms are fine, with adequate space, and the price was considerably lower than when we'd stay there during the summer vacation season, last July. The hotel is east of downtown Sequim, with few restaurants and stores nearby, though it may also be quieter than other areas (at least as long as you get a room not facing Highway 101). There is one small elevator near the check-in desk to all 3 floors (fourth floor is an open-air garden area, nice for gatherings in the summer). We did not use the indoor pool. Did use the coin-operated washer and dryer, though since there's just one of each, you may face waits (we did).

The only restaurant that seemed within walking distance is the Black Bear Diner next door. It was certainly not gourmet, but had a decent array of items (more than, say, a Denny's), and did have beer and wine. There is a supermarket fairly within a short drive and many restaurants beyond that.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing Highway 101.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! I hope that in the future, we are able to provide better service. While it seems you had an acceptable stay, we like to take it a step above that. I'd like to apologize, and I hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area again.
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was exceptionally clean and our room smelled new. The staff were courteous and helpful and helped make our stay enjoyable. The only notable thing I'd add is that it is situated a distance from the main part of town and too far to walk from the hotel to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us. It's great to hear you were happy with your stay! I hope you will choose us again if you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Quality Inn & Suites at Olympic National Park
Manresa Castle
Manresa Castle
#10 of 11 in Port Townsend
Red Lion Inn & Suites- Sequim

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!