Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is a great place to stay, the only problems I had (and why they didnt get a 5 rating) was the washing machine is broke, has been for awhile from what they told us. If they are going to offer this admenity they should make sure it works. The other issue the printer in the business center was out of ink. Otherwise, you should enjoy our stay. Breakfast is ok, the pancake machine is not that great. Unless you like rubber disks with syrup. Bring back waffles! There is a new restuarant next door that is the best place to eat. Do yourself a favor and eat all our meals there.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I was on a business trip and didnt expect such a well appointed HIE to be in Sequim. Staff was friendly and my room was great! I booked a king exec suite and it was wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CBH_16
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have never had problems with this hotel. We stay in this hotel twice a year. This is not a Hilton, its your average Holiday Inn Express. The staff have always been friendly to us.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SeattleTravelcrazy
Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you're looking for a reasonable place to stay in sequim WA, the holiday inn express is a very reasonable place. I've stayed there a couple of times now. The facility is fairly new, although the last time I stayed there, the wall near the elevators was beginning to show some wear. The rooms are nicely sized and comfortable. Bathrooms are clean. The staff is really very courteous and helpful. They all seem very nice and friendly. Hotel is great for families. Free breakfast is pretty standard fair - ceral, juice, mini-muffins, toast, etc.

There is a roof top deck with some views of the area. There is an indoor pool that is great for kids and big enough to do laps. Exercise rooms is okay, but you're on the OP - go outside and exercise! The benefit is that this hotel is in sequim, which is close to a number of tourist/outdoor activities. In the field across the street from the hotel, we would regularly see elk grazing and laying about in the AM. If you're looking for a cozy b&b, on the beach - or great views of the strait of juan de fucas - this is not the place. On the other hand, if you're looking for sound accomodations at a reasonable price, I like this facility.

It is close to a number of entrances to the Olympic National Park, OP game park where you can feed large buffalo, elk and other herbivores. Port Angeles is closer to many of the park entrances (Elwha, Hurricaine Ridge, Sol Duc). When we looked around, still thought it would be nicer to stay in Sequim. It is also really not feasible to walk from the hotel to Sequim downtown. It's about a 2 hr drive to coast via Forks. The ferry to Victoria is in Port Angeles. Sequim is also in the rain shadow created by the Olympics - less rain. Overall, the holiday inn express is a nice place to stay if you're in Sequim.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Dough_47N
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This experience was so disappointing. I had heard good things about Holiday Inn Express and was willing to pay the higher price. Luckily I had two double beds to choose from because when I pulled back the covers on the first bed, it had a used Kleenex in it. Gross! It was too late to call housekeeping, so I slept in the other bed, which was very comfortable with soft sheets and nice pillows.

I was shocked at the lack of sound-proofness, as I heard my neighbors plan their trip to Elko, Nevada.

The toilet seat was not securely fastened to the toilet so that using it meant slipping sideways. Uncomfortable to say the least. I was willing to let it all go and asked the front desk in the morning if someone could come and fix the toilet seat. A housekeeping person came and said she fixed it. Not.

That was about it for me so I checked out three days early. I moved in to Sequim Bay Resort cabins and am very happy here - great view - TV, Wi-Fi, and a kitchen to boot. So much better.

I am usually not a complainer, but I will tell it like it is.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank veitauniviti17
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Dear veitauniviti17,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Sequim.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 18, 2012

The hotel is way better compared to the other hotels we stayed. Their price range is very affordable. Their staffs have excellent customer service. Their are knowledgeable of their facility and amenities. All my answers are answered.
Here are my suggestions:
A. Make the indoor pool water heated but not as warm as their jacuzzi.
B. Have more choices on their breakfast menu (ex. waffles, fresh fruits, suasage, ham, boiled eggs or made to order sunny side up.)
C. Get a license to have a mini bar on their roof top or inside the pool area (use plastic cups for the drinks)
OVERALL: Very Good to Excellent!!!
I will come back and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early June. As usual, we paid with "points" for our stay. It served as our home base for a few day trips around the (amazing!) Olympic Peninsula area. It's a very new hotel (smells new, but not in a bad way), with very nice aesthetics, inside and out. The roof has a nice open-air sitting area, and part of the roof is planted with succulent plants. They also have solar panels. They have a pool and hot tub, but we did not partake.

All the staff were pleasant and helpful. Are the Holiday Inn breakfasts amazing? No, but if that's why you're picking Holiday Inn...you're confused. I was just fine with a cup of coffee, OJ, instant oatmeal, and maybe a muffin with peanut butter. But, that's just me. A new restaurant (diner?) was being built while we were there, and I imagine that will provide a convenient alternative for breakfast or other meals.

Sequim is a quant, quiet town, and this hotel is on the outskirts, amid pastures and fields. The hotel is near perhaps the busiest road, but my ultra-sensitive-to-road-noise wife didn't seem to notice.

My one complaint is that the mattress was a bit mushy. I have a bit of a bad back, and prefer a firm mattress.

Thanks to the staff for providing us with a safe, clean place to stay while visiting this amazing part of the country.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Olympic Lodge
Econo Lodge Sequim
Econo Lodge Sequim
#6 of 9 in Sequim
Juan de Fuca Cottages

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!