“Quiet Getaway”

Juan de Fuca Cottages
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was looking for a quiet place to relax when I booked this trip. I had never stayed anywhere in this area before and wasn't sure what to expect. When I arrived I was surprised at the how close to the bay the property sat and very pleased with the cottage and location. Everything you need is in the cottage except for the food. There are many local markets in the area including an organic market. The cottage I stayed in was roomy and perfect. I couldn't have asked for anything different. From one window was the view of the Olympic mountains (snow-topped) and from the other window was a view of Dungeness Bay. And a private beach. I loved sitting on the bench looking out over the water along the beach. The hosts were so pleasant and truly made me feel at home (I wish it were my home!). I am planning my next trip there for next year. I highly recommend staying here. Oh, and the deer walking outside by my window was another unexpected surprise.

Room Tip: Consider the length of your stay and your needs before you book which I recommend to anyone travelli...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Irene B

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights at Juan de Fuca Cottages. We were in Cottage #4. Wonderful views, clean, full kitchen, gazebo outside our front door, bicycles to rent, eagles nesting nearby. Just beautiful. There is a picnic table for guests, comfortable places to sit outside to watch the sunset or just relax and Tom and Missy served a delicious hot breakfast to our room in a basket with cloth napkins--there is an extra charge for this which is well worth it. Owners, Tom and Missy, went over and above to make us feel welcome; we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Cottage 4 great views of the water and the mountains.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank kattodd
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I surprised my husband with an overnight in cabin #3 for his birthday. The cabin was small, but well-equipped for making dinner, and breakfast the next morning. There was a great view of the straights from our window. We brought our dog along and had lovely walks along the beach and road in front of the cabins. The beach access was easy, across the road and down a path. It was a little pricey, but I'm glad we stayed here.

Room Tip: Cottages !-4 are pet friendly.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was one of the best places we've stayed in all of Washington. The cottages were incredibly roomy and clean. The owners were excellent and were a great source of information for the area. Great location; great place; great owners. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brett S
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Lovely views in almost any direction, great location. Spotlessly clean & comfortable. Surprisingly large and comfy bathroom. I was there for only one night (out of season) must go back for a week in the summer. Warm & helpful hosts.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank teresue
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went here for our anniversary. It was a great place to go for a getaway. Unlike the hotels in Sequim, this is located on a bluff overlooking the Strait of Juan de Fuca. It looks like many of the rooms (including ours) and cottages also have views of the mountains to the south - weather permitting, of course. Our room was large, cozy, comfortable and clean. The bathroom was large. The views were awesome. We were there during the offseason, so we were offered a nice discount. A winter storm came in during our stay. Pretty spectacular. We really enjoyed experiencing it from the comfort of our room. We didn't use the large fireplace; but the owners replace the wood each day if it is used. Tom, Missy, and Matthew were friendly and helpful. There are llamas on the farm behind the cottages.

Room Tip: We had the Fireplace Room (Room #6). It is a large room (including kitchen) in the main building, n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank James N
JuandeFucaCottages, Manager at Juan de Fuca Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

It was a pleasure having you both stay with us!

Thank you for the great review, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I wanted an off the beat place to spend a couple of days while driving through Washington and found this place on Groupon. I was not disappointed when I arrived. This place is right across the street from the water and super cute. I was in a lodge room which is a little walk from the main road but not bad. The room was just renovated and looked amazing. Huge relaxing tub in the bathroom with jets, there's a fridge and microwave as well as iron and blow dryer. Nice tv over the fireplace with dvd built in, dvds are available to borrow in the office. Comfy bed and the sofa folds down into another place to sleep. Very relaxing location, quiet and peaceful. Front office is very helpful.

Room Tip: If you can spring it a cottage in the front, Lodge rooms are great as well!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bamrandom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Olympic Lodge
#3 of 16 in Port Angeles
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#6 of 10 in Sequim

Been to Juan de Fuca Cottages? Share your experiences!