“A Very Special Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
John Wayne's Waterfront Resort
Lago Vista, TX
“A Very Special Place”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I have just finished our fifth summer stay at the RV Park at Sequim Bay Resort. Another perfect summer! The beauty of the place, the magnificent bay views, the weather, the fantastic crabbing, the golf, the wildlife, the beautiful bike and walking trails and walking distance to one of the best restaurants on the peninsuls makes the resort a very special place to stay.

However, the hallmark of the stay is the management of the site. The two ladies that manage the resort are true professionals and are very dedicated in insuring that a visit there is a good one. They do run a tight ship which, in the end, makes the place more peaceful and enjoyable. Our grand kids visited this summer. The ladies went out of their way to make the kids visit a good one.

I viewed the cabins, planning for friend's visit next summer. They have been upgraded and are really nice. They offer a good value over the high end motels down town. The RV Park could use a few upgrades however the many pluses for the place make these issues secondary.

We are counting the days till our next visit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We have stayed at the Sequim Bay Resort RV campground seven out of the last nine summers since 2003, and we have thoroughly enjoyed each and every stay. In 2011 we spent six wonderful weeks at Sequim Bay Resort enjoying this absolutely beautiful location and the many attractions of the Olympic Peninsula. The Resort is in a great location overlooking Sequim Bay and the John Wayne Marina. The area offers many activities and attractions, including bike trails, lavender farms, berry farms, small town festivals, fishing/crabbing, and mountain hiking trails. Sequim Bay Resort serves as our summer home to escape the Texas heat. The managers are very welcoming and helpful, and they treat us like family, making our every stay a pleasant one. As with any successful business, the resort does have rules concerning campground parking, speed limits and quiet hours, which were set up by the owners for the benefit of all guests. We appreciate the fact that the managers enforce the rules fairly, so that no guest’s stay will be spoiled by the actions of a few. The managers work long hours, performing many diverse duties to provide guests with a clean, attractive, and comfortable environment to relax and enjoy.
We highly recommend Sequim Bay Resort to anyone seeking a wonderful vacation experience.
Bill & Kay Teasdale
Friendswood, TX

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank bktea
Lago Vista
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We have spent a large part of each summer for the past 10 years at this resort, staying in both the campground and cabins different years, and would highly recommend either. The beautiful views of the bay are unsurpassable. The nearby marina/park is a great place to walk, watch for eagles, and enjoy the sunsets. We love the town of Sequim, the Saturday markets, the lavender fields, the berry farms, the mountain views, and Sequim Bay Resort rates # 1 with us as the perfect place to enjoy all the area has to offer. It feels like a second home to us, in large part due to the hospitality of the managers. They are welcoming and helpful, going out of their way to make every stay a pleasant one. We expect and appreciate that the resort rules (speed limits, quiet hours, parking restrictions, etc.) are enforced with all guests. We had two grandsons stay with us for 10 days and when they got too noisy playing frisbee and soccer in the open area early one morning, they were asked to be quieter with the explanation that it was disturbing to other campers, which I appreciated. They had a great time and can't wait to come back. The two managers work 10 hour days 7 days a week making every effort to ensure that the facilities are clean, the grounds are attractive and neatly maintained, and that the resort is a safe and comfortable place to vacation, and we think they do an impressive and commendable job. We look forward to returning every year. Frank & Sandy Miller

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SFMLagoVista
Everett, Washington
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I had read a few reviews prior and thought this a great place to stay as we were looking for a much needed family vacation. First question from the ladies who run the joint, 'ARE YOUR KIDS LOUD'? I was taken aback, my kids (isn't everyone's?) loud by nature, especially when they are excited and running around while camping and playing. She said there were kids who stayed there previously who screamed for a few hours and they had calls from the 'resident' campers. This interaction made me VERY uncomfortable, nothing I want to be while enjoying the first real vacation in 4 years. I felt as though I had to keep my kids quiet, and my husband was upset by the whole deal as well, even telling the woman from the front desk who drove over to the marina to remind us that she let us (after telling us to) drive on the grass to park the first time around, but that we should not do that again. My husband was pretty fired up.

Her response to my husband saying that kids are kids and we may need to find somewhere else more welcoming to kids? "NO REFUNDS". So we dealt with it, and figured if anyone had an issue with us that we would just tell them, 'sorry, no refunds!'.

Good part about this place? They have a resident peacock who roams around, as friendly as a nice dog, and loves to eat crackers, etc. The access to the beach across the street is wonderful, and the place is pretty clean. There are no trees or blocking privacy between sites, but if you go at the right time, they space you out pretty well.

Location & peacock get the 2 stars!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Angela C
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We spent two months at the Resort this past summer(2011) and had an absolutely wonderful time. The ladies running the property have to fill many shoes from front desk to mowing to fixing plumbing and electrical problems. The are kept very busy and we feeL they do a GREAT JOB. Like every place we have stayed across the U.S. and Canada, the campgrounds have rules and regulations everyone is expected to follow, So having your feeling hurt by someone enforcing the regulations makes you a very small person. I made mistakes and was told to correct them. BIG DEAL. The vast majority of the guests we had contact with were very pleased with their stay and were having a great time. We did encounter some guests who did not follow regulations and were told to do so. AGAIN WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL. I really think there are simply too many people who expect to be treated with candy. My wife and I were school teachers for over 30 years and understand the PUBLIC thinks they can do and say whatever and whenever they feel fit. That attitude is simply not right. Those of us who did as expected had a wonderful experience. Yes, the laundry room could stand to be udated, but is that the fault of the managers? I don't know, but the equipment that was there worked perfectly.

I give this resort and the managers my highest recommendation and hope more people get to enjoy their stay at the resort. Jack and Pat Fariss, Pearland, Texas

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank JackFariss
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My friend and I were awed by the beautiful views and hospitality of the managers and other guests. This place provides wonderful camping (RV and terrific cabins) facilities, helpful knowledgeable staff and clean quiet surroundings. Just what I was looking for. Was able to watch huge flocks of geese and duck land right out in front of my cabin on the water as they began their migration South. I found Wanda and Annalee helpful knowledgable and friendly. Cheri from Dallas

Room Tip: All cabins have great view. I liked the cabin closest to the RVs on the top of the hill.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Cheri C
Seattle,WA
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have stayed at the Sequim Bay Resort multiple times and have found the park to be exceptional. Not only are the cabins clean, comfortable, well appointed with everyday needs but the managers are friendly, courteous and very helpful suggesting things to do and places of interest. This is one of the places I do not hesitate to recommend or suggest to friends and family. My most recent visit to SBR was July 2011. We went crabbing and had a wonderful time. Our crab catch was the daily limit. So, if ever in Sequim or nearby, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: All cabins have a water view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank PK44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sequim
Sequim Bay Lodge
Olympic View Inn
Olympic View Inn
#5 of 10 in Sequim
Red Lion Inn & Suites- Sequim

Been to John Wayne's Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!