“going down hill fast”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sekiu
Mason's Olson Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Sekiu
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Unfortunately this place is in decline. The buildings are dilapidated and the docks are barely floating. The bolts sticking out all over the docks will do some serious damage to your boat. It's too bad there is a lot of potential.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Traveler_XSeattle

Reviewed April 23, 2008

I have been staying a week or so at Olson's Resort every year for the past 7 years. Olson's is clean, comfortably furnished, good shower, great view, cable TV and has a spot to set my BBQ outside. The office staff go out of their way to make my stay great. Olson's store has any fishing gear or bait I might have forgot to bring with me or that I need to replace. I generally get a non-smoking room with 2 double beds, a fold out couch and a small kitchen with microwave, toaster & coffee pot. I fish! After fishing, I sleep! When I get enough sleep, I fish! If it rains I travel a short distance to a local pub and enjoy a good hamburger and play a few games of pool. When the rain stops, I fish. The rates charged by Olson's is fair, the boat docks are in OK shape, gas is available, at the dock, at a fair price, a huge walk-in freezer is available to stow your catch. When I go to Olson's with my son, we just can't ask for more. To me, Olson's is a rare jewel in the Pacific Northwest! I highly recommend this place.
rgbonk

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Rgbonk
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Olson's Resort has been operating in the tiny fishing town of Sekiu for decades. Unfortunately, the accomodations definitely show their age and are in need of updating.

However, since the primary reason to visit Sekiu is to take advantage of the often great salmon and bottomfishing opportunities available, basic accomodations are sufficient.

Olsons offers motel units, some with kitchenettes, and satellite
tv. While I found our room to be clean, the beds were hard and the decor is several decades old.

There are Rv spots available, and areas to pitch a tent.

Olsens offers boat rental, launching and moorage, and everything else a fisherperson might need.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank BiLLYiZME
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sekiu
Van Riper's Resort
Curley's Resort and Dive Center
The Pacific Inn Motel
The Dew Drop Inn Motel
Points West Oceanfront Resort

Been to Mason's Olson Resort? Share your experiences!