“Lovely tea on patio”
Review of Shelburne Inn

Shelburne Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Seaview B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 19, 2012

It was an off-time and I said we only wanted tea but they were very accommodating. It was a sunny day and we greatly enjoyed sitting on the patio and walking through their lovely garden. Very interesting to see the beautiful woodwork and stained glass inside. They have a handsome bar adjoining the patio and decent bar menu. I'm sure that would be a great option another time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of recently staying at the Shelburne Inn, in Seaview, Washington, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The Inn itself is nicely decorated and evokes a kind of simple, rustic, charm that is both immediately inviting, and entirely calming. The room we stayed in was similar in decor and was rather large, with a very comfortable large bed in it.

Our stay included one dinner and some two breakfasts, and all of the meals were fantastic. The first night we dined on some excellently cooked steak and a chocolate lava cake, and were not disappointed at all. The breakfasts consisted of wide variety of choices, but we settled on omelets and scrambles which were tasty and presented nicely.

The staff at both the Inn and the restaurant were very friendly and welcoming, and we managed to strike up quite a few conversations with David, who is one of the owners of the Shelburne. Every other staff member we met was friendly and helpful and seemed to love to talk about the area and to get to find out where my girlfriend and I were from.

I know I will be coming back to the Shelburne Inn and I would recommend this lovely vacation spot to anyone and everyone!

I rated the Swimming Pool and Fitness Center as "terrible" simply because they do no have either of these at the Shelburne.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We went to the Long Beach, WA area to visit friends and stayed at the Shelburne Inn. We arrived late on a Sunday and were worried that we would be too late for supper but they knew we were coming and were very gracious even though we held up their closing the restaurant I think. Their dining room is lovely, very much out of a different era. Even the music transports you to a time of formal dining and making a meal an experience. Our meals were wonderful and the host helped us to pick a nice wine. Breakfast is provided and you order off the menu which has a nice variety, including omelets and french toast. My husband had to leave early the next day for work and they made him toast and OJ to have before he left as it was before breakfast time. Coffee was not provided in the room but I went downstairs at 6:45 and coffee was laid out in the lobby for early risers.

The rooms are very nice, our bed was comfortable and it was quiet. They also provided small fans for air circulation which I love. Our room was fairly good sized for a old hotel like this but I noticed that several of the rooms were much smaller but all of them had wonderful antiques and all amenities. This place is really old and the halls and stairways wind throughout. It's fun. I would recommend paying a bit more for the bigger rooms.

I love B&B's and we would return to this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SamCatNewport_Or
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Such a nice place and the attention of the innkeepers was excellent

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Based on other reviews, maybe an off night? My wife and I live on the Pennisula and wanted to try something different from the several wonderful restaurants from Illwaco to Ocean Park. The menu was interesting but was disappointed to learn there were no Chef specials. The brandied wild mushroom appetizer was nicely seasoned and not overcooked. The waiter was dropping his rehearsed one liners in the middle of conversation.Not cool. Or funny. My wife chose the crab cakes and I their substitute for ciapino. The crab cakes were dry and crabless and my seafood stew was so hot I could barely make out the seasonings. Not that we wanted to-go bags for our meals but he never asked. He never questioned the large left overs. After receiving the check her asked how I liked the stew? I told him it was far too hot for me and I love hot food. He defended the Chef's claim to 2 teaspoons of chipoltle chile to 5 gallons of stew. We left dissapointed because we expected more from a place like this. I will say the decore and surroundings are beautiful. It was an experience worth trying. We did.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We stopped in for a drink and some lunch. We have a beach house so we didn't need the room. The bar tender was very helpful and knowledgable. The food was good. We really enjoyed the atmospher.

Room Tip: again we didn't sleep here so I have no idea what the rooms are like
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

A brief word on how I rate a hotel. I don’t compare the hotels I stay in with the uber deluxe such as the Ritz Carltons, Westins, Marriotts and Hiltons. I look for value (price), location, comfort (a bed that easily holds my 6 foot, 1 inch body), en suite facilities, free or inexpensive breakfast, room for our suitcases (and us) and great people staffing the hotel. A five star hotel exceeds my expectations. A four star hotel meets my expectations.

I have been visiting the Shelburne Inn ever since Laurie & David bought the place 30 or so years ago. When I first starting going to the Shelburne, there were no locks on the room doors and many rooms had the bath "down the hall". We recently treated our family to a stay on our 40th Anniversary on a long December weekend around Christmas. We took over most of the China Beach Retreat plus a couple of rooms in the main B&B a couple of miles away. The rooms were excellent with no TV, no telephones, no radios although there was a TV at China Beach. The breakfast, included with the rooms, was unbelievably good & extraordinarily filling - WORLD CLASS at least. Dinners at the Shoalwater Restaurant were gourmet beyond belief. Who cares about WiFi? We go there to GET AWAY not to hook up. The beds and pillows are comfortable. The antique furnishings are just right. Laurie & David are great hosts with an encyclopedic of things to do, to see and to eat in the area.

Room Tip: If you have a large group, go for China Beach Retreat which can sleep 8 or 10 people in a more moder...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
Lighthouse Oceanfront Resort
Adrift Hotel and Spa
#2 of 8 in Long Beach
Best Western Long Beach Inn
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Been to Shelburne Inn? Share your experiences!