“Great food in a small cozy restaurant”

The Depot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Depot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Seaview
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L Street
Reviewed August 30, 2014

The food here is really good. Our server took very good care of us. I had the salmon and it was really good, we also has pan fried oyster (I've had much better), and the fried calamari (it was awesome). I would recommend ths place.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

Had a wonderful dining experience at the Depot Restaurant while visiting Long Beach. The food was great. Atmosphere was awesome.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

this is a small place , make a reservation for sure , I saw a lot of people come in with out one. however I watched the staff do there best to make it happen. I will be back here -our food was great !! Try the calamari-just do it you will be happy

1  Thank Steven F
Reviewed August 20, 2014

The Depot was recommended by the bed and breakfast we stayed at and our only hesitation was we were not real hungry. My wife had the small plate Dungeness Crab Mac and I had the Steak Killian. We shared meals and both were otherworldly. The Mac was loaded with crab and flavor and the filet was fork tender with an amazing onion sauce. The deserts looked wonderful but we were full and satisfied. If we are within a hundred miles of the Depot we will return to try other menu selections.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Little did I know that I would find such an great culinary experience in a beach town. A former train depot for the Long Beach railroad, its not large and neither is the menu but it hits all the right notes. There is a tendency to eat at beachside/beachview places which this is not - but don't let that dissuade you.

The wine list was lovely including their own label or there is a full bar. I had the Oysters 'Scargot which was a wonderful meld of buttery garlicky on briny oysters finished with a little parmesan. Then the Thai Calamari served with a peanut sauce. Both were wonderful!

Service was good - great place for couples, solos or small groups