“Just keeps getting better”

The Depot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Depot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Seaview
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L Street
happy valley, or
“Just keeps getting better”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We love this place. The menu is limited, but every item is incredible. I had clam chowder. I never order this. It was out of this world. I would eat it every day, if I could. I also had the calamari. It was, by far, the best I have had and I order it often. My husband had the special which was a ribeye steak. He practically moaned when he took his first bite.We finished with a fresh picked blackberry cobbler with French vanilla ice cream. It, too, was sublime. Service was excellent. But this all comes at a price, so be prepared to pay. But it's worth it.

Yakima, WA
“A Hidden Northwest Gem”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The Depot Restaurant in Seaview is a must stop for dining on the Long Beach Peninsula along the Washington Pacific Coast. It was a train station in its first life dating from the early 1900s, then a tavern and for the past several years a distinguished fine dining restaurant. Chef Michael has a 30-year culinary history with a background in east coast, west coast, European and especially Northwest cuisine. The menu includes local seafood and a variety of land food entrees to include beef, duck and pork, among others. The salad and other side offerings are also worthy, and the wine menu and service are excellent. Ask for the chef's table which has an open view of the kitchen. From this table you can watch all the food preparations in the kitchen. All in all, The Depot is a great fine dining experience.

portland
“It takes love of food and caring for your customers”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have a birthday tradition which has lasted many years-taking our husbands to the Depot on
their birthdays which are days apart. We don't go only on birthdays,but whenever possible. We've
never been disappointed,in fact we've always left ecstatic. My friend and I are so pleased we can
share in this experience. There is no other restaurant where you can find meals prepared with more passion and care than Michael and his staff do for their patrons. Whether it is wonderful seafood or a glorious steak,it will be the best. We have always enjoyed and appreciated the great
and knowledgeable wait staff-they are a most important part of this fantastic place. It's also a fun
and comfortable place to relax and enjoy yourself.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beyond Expectations!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I wanted a sit down nicer restaurant and while searching through Trip Advisor, found this gem. The food is definitely inspired. Everything was beyond delicious. Met one of the chefs and had a nicer conversation before he went back to his duties. Everyone was nice and courteous. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to enjoy a great meal!

Vancouver, Washington
“Fresh, Inspired Cuisine in a Historic Train Depot on the WA Coast”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

What it is about little Seaview, WA that it can provide such a quality dining experience so far away from the foodie centers of the Pacific Northwest? Well, perhaps it is the proximity to the source of the food. Mushrooms from the nearby forest and fish just off the boats in Ilwaco. The Depot's ever-changing menu reflecting the bounties of the area make it a place you'll want to return time after time. Chef Michael Lalewicz owns the restaurant along with his wife Nancy. You're likely to see them both when you visit. Be sure and make a reservation as this is the best restaurant on the Long Beach Peninsula! I'll be writing a full review with photos so just google my name and the name of the restaurant for more!