“Favorite restaurant”

The Depot Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Depot Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Seaview
Cross street: L Street
Kalama Washington
“Favorite restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

The Depot restaurant is my favourite because it is small and the atmosphere is inviting. You are greeted by the owners/chefs wife who explains all of the wines and answers any questions you may have. The service is wonderful and the food amazing. I would say if you are on a budget the prices are a bit high but for a special occasion it is worth the splurge. Also if you have children I would suggest coming without them as this restaurant is more upscale and has a romantic quality to it.

Visited September 2013

Hillsboro, Oregon
“10/20/30”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My friends and I celebrated our 10/20/30 anniversaries at this magnificent restaurant. This place was recommended by a friend that also made the reservations. Each one of us was treated like royalty. When you walk in you are greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. We were seated close to the open kitchen and the aroma was intoxicating. I loved the open kitchen where you can see the food being prepared in front of you. I had the rib eye steak and it melted in your mouth. The risotto was to die for it was so tasty and perfect. The house salad was a great opener to a wonderful meal. The owner was so kind she gave each couple a dessert on the house to celebrate the anniversary. I wish this place was closer to home. What a great place. I can’t say enough on how wonderful the people, the service and the food are at this restaurant. A perfect 10!!!!!

• Visited September 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'd been here once before with my dad on a trip to Long Beach for the afternoon, so when I planned a day at the peninsula with my girlfriend, I knew where we needed to have dinner.

We arrived just after sunset, about 9ish, and were able to get a table immediately, although not on the patio where I'd hoped for. No biggie though. For appetizers, we ordered the Oysters S'cargot (I'd made her promise to try one), and the Prawns Hotel California (in case she didn't like the former). I'd had the oysters on my previous visit, but this time around they weren't quite as good as my last visit. The prawns were absolutely fantastic; they were well seasoned, perfectly cooked, and the scratch-made salsa and guacamole were perfect.

For the entrees, I ordered the seared salmon special (with a chanterelle mushroom reduction sauce, smashed potatoes, and some fresh veggies), and my girlfriend ordered the chicken parmesan (with saffron risotto). We each sampled some of the other's food. From my sampling of her meal, her chicken breast was cooked perfectly, the cheese crisp, and the risotto was amazing.

My dinner was fantastic. Although some of the thinner parts of the cut were a bit more dry than I like (I prefer mine medium), overall it was superb. The mushroom sauce was good but I thought needed a bit of salt, and the veggies well cooked, but not soggy, and were well seasoned. The potatoes were basic, and overall good, but I personally would have preferred if they'd included garlic.

We each had a pint of beer, and The Depot has a good craft beer selection. One of the few in the area, sadly. Overall, the bill came to $120 after tip and tax, so it was a big luxury. But she (my girlfriend) is worth it, and so is The Depot.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,778 helpful votes
“Very Pleased!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After golfing in Long Beach, we stopped by The Depot for a bite to eat this past Sat. We arrived right at 5:00 and were seated in the front of the restaurant, we did not have a reservation and probably would not have got in if we had arrived any later.

We started with a bowl of the seafood chowder which was delicious and full of fresh clams and potatoes. For my entree I had the Pan Seared Oysters which were served with a nice aioli dipping sauce. My husband enjoyed the Prawns and for dessert we shared the Cherry Chocolate Pot de Creme which was my favorite dessert I have had on the coast this year.

The Depot is a popular dining spot on the WA coast, located in the quaint little coastal town of Seaview, WA. Service is very friendly and attentive here also. Don't miss this one Pacific Northwest foodies! :)

• Visited August 2013
Seattle
“The Depot Does a Great Meal”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

During a family vacation in mid August 2013; including my wife, 2 daughters, their husbands and 4 grandchildren, we visited The Depot one night. An upscale restaurant on the Long Beach Peninsula with a casual flavor and an open kitchen. We were a party of 10 with 4 children ranging from 4-11 years old. This in itself is a challenge for any restaurant. The waitress was very prompt and did her best to keep things moving so the children would not get too antsy.

The food was excellent. We had three serving of the oyster scaregot, an oysters Rockerfeller rather snails. It was terrific. We had a very nice Caesar salad and the clam chowder was also great. Lots of clams as well as razor clams. Very tasty. I had the wild King Salmon, which was excellent, but a little overcooked for my taste, which is medium rare. One of sons in law had the roasted pheasant, which he said was excellent. Others had a pasta and clam dish that was great.

We did not have dessert, since we had to get the kids to bed.

We had a great meal, well prepared and well served. This is not the French Laundry or Auriel, but excellent for a beach front resort area.

• Visited August 2013