“Never again!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Seaview
Seaview Motel & Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Seaview
Yakima, Washington
“Never again!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My best friend and I planned a girls weekend and thought we'd save some money and try out one of these tiny cottages with a full kitchen and as soon as we arrived I was wishing we could switch where we were staying but we had already booked two nights. The cottage looked good in the online photos but that's because they show pics that are deceiving. The kitchen floors looked new but the carpeted living room and bedroom where old and grungy looking. The couch/ pullout bed was an old couch that made me itch badly every time I sat down on it. I decided that before bringing my bags inside I'd look for signs of bed bugs and while I didn't find any (thankfully) when I lifted up the mattress on the queen bed the box spring appeared very dirty and had some stainless that looked like old dry blood. Both my friend and I decided since there was no way a place like this would give you money back we were stuck. She took the bed and I took the couch but we were so grossed out we slept with as many clothes on as possible. Never again would I stay here. Next time we will pay more for a place we can actually feel good about being in.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and go stay in a better place. This is a dive.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Trish H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
alaska
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Like others, I found this on tripadvisor and took a chance. The place was pretty much exactly as described by others. It had a nice homey feel to it and the owners were very accommodating and gracious. We stayed in cabin 5 and it had everything we needed. It was close to all the things to see and a short distance to the beaches. Definitely less expensive than other places but perfect for us.

Room Tip: If you like cute and inexpensive but clean this is the place
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I don't like to stay in pricey hotel rooms only to have to eat out for every meal. That's what made The Seaview so perfect. We stayed in cabin #31. I was stocked with everything we needef. Small fridge, microwave, oven, toaster and coffee pot. The provided dish soap, shampoo and hand soaps just like any other hotel. We had a picnic table and charcoal bbq right outside our door. They even had a crab pot for us! We didn't travel with pets but they are very welcome at The Seaview Motel. There's even a fire pit out back for all to use. I should also mention that the rooms are cozy and quiet.

I enjoyed my stay so much that I have already contacted Fred and Ming to make arrangements for my next stay.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank heatherkemp13
orcas island
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Earlier reviews of this place are right on the money. We stayed in #33, one of the Lewis and Clark cottages. Tiny, but adorable and so very clean. Post a couple of years ago saying it was dirty are outdated. The owners, Fred and Ming, keep a very clean place. The cottages are well stocked with dishes, pots and pans, coffee maker, microwave, stove and oven, small refrigerator, dish soap, shampoo and soap, and everything else one would expect from a top end hotel. There was a picnic table and BBQ right outside our cottage. The location is great - at the very beginning of the Long Beach peninsula. Very quiet. I definitely recommend this adorable place!

Room Tip: The Lewis and Clark cottages (31-34) have kitchens.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank poppiesyarn
Eatonville
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Seaview cottages is a cute quaint place to stay. It is away from the noise of the peninsula, however all activities are a short walk or drive away. Fred and Ming are very gracious and accommodating hosts. Seaview cottages are very clean and comfortable. There is coffee in the room. The is also a BBQ on the premises for the guests to use. There are several restaurants within walking distance. The beach and discovery trail are about a five minute walk away. on this visit, we stayed in room #11. W had our own patio, the room was large enough to accommodate a family of four, with a kitchenette, furnished with plenty of dishes for eating in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarciaC310
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here one night as a stop-over on our way home from the Oregon Coast.

We stayed in unit 11, the "Crow's Nest". The room was large and had a queen and a twin bed, a kitchenette and a small patio. This unit does not allow children under 12 as it is upstairs from 2 other units. Pets are not allowed either although the owners did accommodate us by allowing our pom-bichon to stay with us. I can understand why they wouldn't want dogs up there though.

The decor is plain but functional. I loved the old stove/sink/icebox combo (the ice box is sealed shut and there is a mini fridge instead)...very retro! Lots of windows and plenty of space.

The motel is a short walk from the beach. I didn't realize that the town is named Seaview so I was surprised that I didn't actually have a view of the sea but it was fine. I kind of like that it is located toward the south end of the beach...you don't have to remember which way to go to get to shops because there's not much the other direction!

The beach was pretty deserted (besides some hipsters in sport coats, cozy sweaters and expensive boots...lol) and my daughter and the dog had a fun time chasing each other around. We were there in early April though so I imagine it would be a little busier during the summer.

I did get a chance to look in cottage #3 as well. It's tiny with a queen bed and a twin bed...the bathroom was really weird...the toilet was in a tight spot next to the sink and the shower was a step down. It looked like they just crammed it in the best they could.

I go back and forth on whether I'd recommend this place. There was nothing really wrong with it but I think I was just hoping it was a little cuter on the interior. I was very appreciative of the cleanliness! Maybe if you visit when you have more time to explore it would be less of a question. They did seem very pet friendly and even have a sweet golden lab named Tai.

If you're not looking for fancy, this is the place. The prices are great and I might stay again if we're back in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Suamomi
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Seaview is a quiet, out of the way town on the Washington coast just north of the Columbia river. The town is a bit scruffy around the edges, but the beach, a quick walk from the highway, is worth a day or even a weekend exploring. It extends south all the way to Cape Disappointment, and miles to the north as well. It reminded me of the beaches of Normandy - lonely and misty and romantic. Anyway, the Seaview Motel is really a collection of cottages. New owners came in recently, and they fixed the cottages up a bit, although they are by no means trendy or boutique accommodations. Some cottages have two double beds and are little more than motel rooms. Our cottage, 31, had a kitchenette, a separate room with a television, and a bedroom with a single bed. My wife freaked on finding a spider in the sink - but that can happen anywhere. Overall we enjoyed our stay here, and the rate is very reasonable. The owners are friendly and always there to help, and there is also a resident dog and cat. Your pet will be welcomed too!

Room Tip: Cottage 31 is great. It faces the highway but is far enough back so that it is still very quiet. The...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jdvanvalin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaview
Chautauqua Lodge
#1 of 8 in Long Beach
Best Western Long Beach Inn
The #1 Coastal Inn and Suites
Breakers Hotel and Condo Suites

Been to Seaview Motel & Cottages? Share your experiences!