“Very Nice Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have eaten at the 42nd St Cafe in the past but always for dinner. This trip we managed to stop one day for breakfast & we weren't disappointed. My wife had the waffle which she said was delicious ... to me it looked pretty small & plain, but she said they must have stolen her recipe & she was more than satisfied. I opted for the House Smoked Salmon scramble ... in a word: WOW!!! One of the best if not THE best I've had anywhere. The dish was delicate which was not expected; bursting with flavor. Try it, you'll love it. Good coffee. Service wasn't up to par in my view. We were seated almost immediately but then it was awhile before water, menu, etc were brought to us. Once ordered, the food came pretty quick. Not so quick on getting coffee refills. All in all, a very good place though.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We come here at least once every time we are in the area. And, boy is it worth it. This time my husband had the jambalia (sic) omlette and I had the smoked salmon scramble. Both were impressive. The first bite of the scramble was shear bliss and it was that way to the end. My husband's omlette lived up to it's first impression. It was great(according to him-he wouldn't share even a bite). If you are near SeaView, stop by 42nd Street Cafe. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. My husband had the jambalaya omelet and I had the smoked salmon hash. Both were very tasty - but the marionberry compote is addictive!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We visit Long Beach each summer with our kids and grands. Everyone agree that we must eat at the 42nd Street Cafe.
We actually ate there both nights this time. The food is wonderful and the service excellent. The menu changes but certain things show up regularly. Our grandson loves the burger and the pot roast, "yummy gravy"! The various seafood dishes are terrific. See you next summer!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The place was packed, there was only one waitress and the crowd kept coming. Breakfast service was good, food was great. The beignets were very good, the roast beef "hash" was delicious as were the quiches.

Been to 42nd Street Cafe? Share your experiences!