“Great "Comfort Food"”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This quaint little cafe was referred to us by the owners of the B&B where we stayed while in Long Beach. Great choice. Betty was our server and she was a very sweet lady. My husband had the slow roasted pot roast which was excellent. I had chicken fried steak that is accompanied by my favorite, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy. Yummy. We had the house greens salad and our choice of dressing was the homemade honey celeryseed. Excellent dressing, so much so we bought two bottles to take home. My husband had some decadent chocolate cheese cake that was very rich but so good. I had a chocolate mint sorbet. Delicious! Almost forgot that they serve a marionberry conserve for your bread that is also excellent. If you are in the area, you really should try this cafe. They also have a 100% Guarantee or your money back for your meal.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

great french beignets if you have never tried them this is a good opportunity and you do not have to go to france.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to 42nd because we didn't any kids with us and my guy pal wanted to try it. The waiter recommended the sturgeon as an entree and mushrooms sauteed in red wine sauce. What an incredible choice! I didn't think I was eating sturgeon and the best mushrooms I have ever eaten! We'll definitely go back next time were in Long Beach!

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Had the Jambalaya omelet which was delicious. Mom had the standard eggs and ham. She felt the ham served was pressed. So you may want to pass on ham. Otherwise everything delicious, well presented and the service excellent. Would definitely go back. Yummy!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I crave the corn relish. The rest of the menu is quite nice also. Our family's favorites range from breakfast to dinner. French pressed coffee with a pinch of chichoree, Powderd sugar on your face from the side of freshly made beignet. At dinner time a flat iron steak or chicken fried yum.