“Another time warp” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Another time warp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I loved this place - it could almost be a cousin of the Souwester lodge a few hundred meters further up the road. A period piece in the true American Diner tradition with the food cooked by the owner - He's a dry chap but great fun if you invest in getting to know him.
Don't expect McDonalds modern styling or facilities but it's far better for it if you just let yourself be taken back in time.

Visited May 2014

Vancouver, WA
“Great Fish and Chips!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

I've driven by this many times while staying at Long Beach...finally was craving fish and chips so I gave it a try. They had a special on 3 piece cod and chips so I gave it a try. GREAT FISH! Big portions and very tasty. The clincher was that the coleslaw was very good as well...I find coleslaw to be hit or miss and this was a hit!

I got my food to go but the atmosphere was cool if one were to stay...it's decorated with dollar bills and a big train set on the ceiling...it definitely counts as a hole in the wall, but isn't that where a lot of the best food comes from?

• Visited May 2014
Olympia, Washington
“Great place for lunch with kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Loose Kaboose was an absolute delight for my two sons, 9 and 7. Train stufis everywhere and there was a train making a circuit through the two dining rooms. The food was just okay, but it was a fun experience for our family.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Iliff
“Very friendly staff and a great hole in the wall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We always look for holes in the wall to eat at while one vacation, this place is one of those. It is a small, funky place. My boys enjoyed all the train stuff and all the dollar bills all over the walls. We happened to be the only people in the place, so we got great personal service. We had a nice chat with the chef/server. He recommended some places to see and places to stay away from. He was a HUGE help on keeping our vacation interesting.
The friendliness of the staff made it worth the stop. The food helped top it all off. I had the crab cakes and they were good. The slaw and tater sauce we great. My boys had burgers and they were served on english muffins! They LOVED them. Hubby had a great burger too and his fries were killer.
This place is a family place, the chef had his family in to eat while we were there. They back room looked like my family room, toys etc. for the kids. This isn't anything fancy but certainly worth the stop to feel like you are home when you are far away from your real one.

• Visited March 2013
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Quirky place with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Funky little place decorated with (of all things) real dollar bills -- hundreds of them. We had the fried chicken basket with chowder and coleslaw, all delicious. The chicken was made fresh to order, and came out crisp, moist and non greasy. The service and atmosphere were very good in a highly individual way. We liked it and will go again.

Visited August 2012