“What a diner should be.”

Dave's Diner & Brews
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in SeaTac
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
North Vancouver, Canada
“What a diner should be.”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

A very comprehensive menu, with sandwiches and cooked meals; good bar menu; lots of specials. Service is friendly and fast, prices are fair. Very busy at mealtimes, though they do move people in and out in good order, so we've never had to wait to be seated.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Juneau, AK
“Great alternative to hotel food”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I enjoyed a breakfast at Dave's Diner early one rainy Monday morning. As a guest with elite status at the nearby Doubletree, I felt like I could get a more substantial breakfast than could be had with the $10 coupon I received upon check-in. I think I made the right choice!

Seated quickly by the cheerful Jennifer in this garishly-decorated establishment, I noted on the menu that the steak and eggs entree was sixty cents less than the new "big breakfast", so I went with that. Jennifer and I had some back-and-forth about the respective meanings of medium/medium rare and over easy/over medium at this establishment, and my meal was served about ten minutes thereafter.

Everything was really good. Jennifer had explained that over medium means the whites are cooked, the yolk is runny. She was spot on about that. The sirloin steak portion was not a tender cut, but neither was it overcooked. It was good that I got a steak knife with the meal but the meat was quite tasty. The hash browns were hot and crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside (but not liquid-like).

The meal itself cost $9.99. They get you for coffee at $2.09, but it's all-you-can-drink.

The same meal at the Doubletree would have cost over $20. As it turned out, I paid less at Dave's than I would have with my Diamond coupon. It was a short, easy walk - you can see Dave's neon sign at the 11 o'clock position when you step out the front door of the Doubletree.

Maybe on another trip I'll be able to have lunch or dinner at Dave's Diner. I look forward to it!

• Visited February 2014
Ashland, Ohio
“Dave's Diner & Brews by Dave (but I'm not the owner Dave)”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Any place that shares my name get's my attention. This place was well worth my attention. The food was great, the staff was very attentive, and the decor was in keeping with a diner atmosphere. I would go back in a flash.

Arizona
“I expected a better 'brew' selection as the name implies...”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Met Seattle friends here while awaiting an overseas flight. Dave's is minutes from the Seatac airport and a short walk from several airport hotels. The service was good, the food, with exception of the Fish and Chips and a great "homemade" blue cheese salad dressing, was fairly average American diner food with an appropriate price point. My disappointment was in the brew selection - my Northwest Pacific friends always rave about their area microbrews, Dave's really was just average as a bar in general and severely lacking in the brew selection. The happy hour has okay prices if your a fan of weak american ( Coors light etc.) drafts.
This place was average in all respects. The name designation "brews" should be reserved for establishments serving the microbrew trade, not just an average neighborhood "diner'. Still deserves a recommend for good service and airport convenience, but that's about it. My Seattle friends promised much better 'brew' representations during my next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Never had Watered-Down Syrup Before...”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I stopped-in for breakfast on a road trip and was disappointed. My buddy's omelet was average, but my pancakes were served with a container of syrup which was half full of water and half full of maple syrup. It was weird and turned me off of the meal.

1 Thank Quintin K

Been to Dave's Diner & Brews? Share your experiences!