“(under and over)cooked industrial food - not "home made"”

Dave's Diner & Brews
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in SeaTac
Cuisines: American, Bar, Diner, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
orlando, florida
“(under and over)cooked industrial food - not "home made"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Had the ribeye - over salted, undercooked with a side of cooked corn that was at least 2-3 days old. Felt like I didn't need teeth for the corn and needed a hacksaw just to cut the ribeye. don't waste your time. They suffer from having too many types of menu items. Was hoping for a decent meal but was disappointing.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank rggsquared

• Chinese (Traditional) first
North Vancouver, Canada
“Typical huge American portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great atmosphere with old license plates and 78 rpm records on the walls, family owned. I had a breakfast of eggs, bacon and home fried potatoes with toast. The food and service were excellent and the prices reasonable. The menus for the lunch and dinner were varied and appealing. They do have a boxed lunch if you need to grab a meal for SeaTac.

Visited October 2013
Laurel Springs, New Jersey
“Terrible Food !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We ate breakfast here because it was near our hotel. The decor is fun with 50s memorabilia. I really wanted to like this place, but unfortunately, the food for both guests was simply awful. It's clean and pleasant, but if the food isn't good, why go ? Sorry Dave's, but
you need to get better food, it's just that simple.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SEAJourney
St. Augustine FL
“Great breakfast and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

After reading the reviews here, I decided to stop in for breakfast. The inside feels like you are stepping back into time!

They have a large menu but I decided to go for my basic breakfast. I ordered eggs, bacon, hash browns and sourdough toast. Within just a few minutes out came my breakfast. Everything tasted great and overall it was a great breakfast.

They also serve dinner, which I may give them another try tomorrow night.

• Visited October 2013
Milwaukee
“Nice breakfast, huge portions, fun place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I went to Dave's as an alternative to a lousy and expensive hotel breakfast nearby. We were seated right away, and I enjoyed the 50s/60s atmosphere. Our server brought coffee right away while we decided on breakfast. I had the California omelet, with guacamole (which does not benefit from being heated!), cheese and peppers. My colleague had the smoked salmon omelet, which was stuffed full of tasty salmon.
I would go here on my next visit to the area. I would like to try lunch or dinner here, as it looked like there was a nice selection of food and drink.
One small thing we noticed is that the backs of the seat benches in the booths are not well secured, and you will feel the seat backs move when the people in the booth next to you lean on the back of their benches.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Dave's Diner & Brews? Share your experiences!