“Dave did us a big favor by going into business at this location”

Dave's Diner & Brews
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in SeaTac
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed September 13, 2013

When we stay overnight in Seattle during our travels we like to use the airport Comfort Inn & Suites. One of the negatives, for this hotel, has been that it is difficult to find a decent place to eat within a reasonable walking distance. There is a Casino just down the street and a few eateries like Taco Bell, but the Casino is not very good for a quiet meal with all the noise and what not. As for the fast food joints, if you like them, then there are a number within easy to get to walking distance. The Inn's shuttle will drop you off anytime as well.

But then we discovered Dave's Diner, just a few blocks away. Dave apparently started up about a year and a half ago in a previous not so good restaurant's general location. He has a long history of experience in food preparation and restaurant management in the Seattle area. It is a very good place to eat, breakfast lunch and dinner. An excellent menu with quite a variety of choices. Since Dave runs/owns the place he is on top of almost every detail. They have a bar too, not just beer and wine but mixed drinks with about any spirit you can come up with.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

After a late arrival we walked up to the diner for dinner. First thing I noticed was the dirty carpet smell! The food was semi warm and nothing great. Would not go back for sure!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Liked the friendly service, good food and unique atmosphere. It was an easy walk from the Hampton Inn.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This little diner is a favorite of ours in Seattle. Once again, it didn't disappoint. It isn't the place to go for new age fare, but if you like good old down home cookin' and calories be damned, Dave's is for you. We had just disembarked from a cruise and the clam chowder aced any soup we had on board the cruise ship. It has a folksy feeling and the staff makes you feel at home. They have a real affection for their regulars.....You can see it.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

After several days of hiking in Olympic National Park my wife and I were staying at a nearby hotel to catch an early morning flight back home. We were tired and wanted a place close by that we could go to "as is" and get some simple food. I used Tripadvisor and found varied ratings and comments so we didn't expect anything great. Nonetheless, I was disappointed. I ordered a chicken sandwich which was listed on the menu as a "favorite" and figured I couldn't go wrong. I regretted my selection. The bun came with a piece of boiled chicken, a slice of tomato and a piece of lettuce. It was tasteless but I was so hungry I ate it. In fairness, my wife ordered a veggie burger and she said it was pretty good. We ordered a piece of pie and it too was okay though I'm not sure whether they bake it in-house or bring it in. The waitress was friendly and the decor is interesting. I agree with an earlier reviewer who observed that this could be a great place if they would keep everything as is except get a new cook.

Been to Dave's Diner & Brews? Share your experiences!