“Disappointed”

Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in SeaTac
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed September 8, 2013

After several days of hiking in Olympic National Park my wife and I were staying at a nearby hotel to catch an early morning flight back home. We were tired and wanted a place close by that we could go to "as is" and get some simple food. I used Tripadvisor and found varied ratings and comments so we didn't expect anything great. Nonetheless, I was disappointed. I ordered a chicken sandwich which was listed on the menu as a "favorite" and figured I couldn't go wrong. I regretted my selection. The bun came with a piece of boiled chicken, a slice of tomato and a piece of lettuce. It was tasteless but I was so hungry I ate it. In fairness, my wife ordered a veggie burger and she said it was pretty good. We ordered a piece of pie and it too was okay though I'm not sure whether they bake it in-house or bring it in. The waitress was friendly and the decor is interesting. I agree with an earlier reviewer who observed that this could be a great place if they would keep everything as is except get a new cook.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

A group of us ate here before flying out of SeaTac. We stayed in the Hampton and this was around the corner. The food was great, diner food. Not healthy but what we expected. The waitress and staff were great, the food delivered quickly and the restaurant was pleasant. Overall a fun place and we would definitely come back.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

i noticed this place on my way to the hotel. i had just driven in from Bremerton and was glad to see a place that wasn't a fast food chain. I was traveling alone on business and just wanted something to bring back to my room. This place is a little tiny diner that is staffed by a handful of people. It reminded me of a plac emy dad had worked when i was a kid. they feature a menu that doesn't try to do to much, the prices are excellent and the staff is very friendly. you need to be a little patient, as everything is prepared in viewable grill area by a couple of hard working guys. Food was good and hit the spot.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Wonderful food...great atmosphere...in a neighborhood where food is priced at ridiculous prices..what a deal.This is the kind of place that DDD would visit on the Food Network...YEAH MAN!!!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nothing special but not bad. Prices were reasonable, menu has many options. Service was a bit slow as they seemed to be understaffed.

Been to Dave's Diner & Brews? Share your experiences!