“Awesome BBQ”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome BBQ”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Good food, down home atmosphere. Definitely grab a free bag of smoker chips as well as the Fireball candies which serve as the after dinner "mint" Food was great.

Visited November 2012

Cashmere, Washington
“Good Place”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived late - after the dinner crowd. We were treated well - not hurried. It seemed like a popular place with locals as well as travelers. Food was good. Nice atmosphere. Free smoke chips to take home!

Visited October 2012
Federal Way, Washington
“decent food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

thought the food was a bit over priced. service was ok. free cornbread was tasty. Cheese sticks were nice and crispy.

Visited September 2012
Århus
“ok food, but airport prices and service.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I like the selection of beer. The portions were not very big, but the food was fine. The service was really the kind of fake "please tip me" service.

Visited November 2012
Washington State
“Not As Good As I Remember”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

A buddy and I recently had dinner here, because we had eaten here a couple of years ago and our recollection was positive.
We were staying in a local hotel, nearby, prior to flying out on a fishing trip. My buddy had a craving for "mashed potatoes and gravy" and said he could recall that we were just a short distance from Roaster and Ale House.
I like mashed potatoes and gravy, and I love a good micro beer, so I was all for his selection. We had just driven over 3 hours, having left Eastern Washington earlier in the day, and had not stopped for lunch. We drove up/down University Blvd., looking for the place, and almost stopped at several other eateries because we were beginning to think my buddy had been mistaken about where he thought the place was.
I got my cell phone out, and did a quck search. We had been going the wrong direction on University, so with hope running high, we reversed direction and before long we pulled into the parking lot.
The truth is, we use to have a Roaster Ale House in our Eastern Washington home town, and both of us had been there numerous times. We had always enjoyed their food and drink, and therefore we were no stranger to their menu.
The place was pretty full, however we were able to quckly find a table in the bar area, which suited us fine. I was eager to order a beer, and my buddy was eager to order "food." It was probably 5 minutes before a waiter approached our table, and introduced himself. He said he would be "right back" to take our order. It seemed as though he was gone for at least 5 minutes more, and when he did return, we quickly gave him our drink "and meal" orders.
It was about another 3 minutes when he returned with my buddy's beer. I too had ordered a tall beer, but nothing was said as he walked away. After several more minutes, I still did not have my beer, and so I finally managed to catch his attention from across the room. He came over and explained that the keg of the beer I'd ordered, was empty and they were replacing the keg. After another few minutes wait, I got up and told him that I would take another beer selection instead of continuing to wait. I'd ordered a "pale ale" and he said he'd bring me something similar to what I'd ordered. Another several minutes went by, and he finally brought me a tall beer. One taste, and I knew it was Alaskan Amber. Nothing like the beer I'd ordered. I was disappointed, particularly after such a long wait. I thought he might feel badly enough about how long it took to serve me a beer, that he'd "comp" it. That didn't happen. I don't really care for Alaskan Amber, and probably should have sent it back. However, I'd waited too long already, and I wasn't about to wait any longer to quench my thirst.
OK, now for the food. Since we had ordered the food at the same time we'd ordered the beer, by the time I finally got my beer, the food followed shortly.
OK, now for the food. I had ordered the 3 Alarm Pork and my buddy ordered the turkey. We both chose the "red smashed potatoes."
The food was "warm", but not hot. I believe we may have each chosen and received a small side dish of cole slaw, which might have been 4 bites. I'm pretty sure, that every other time we have ever eaten at a Roaster, we were served lots of good bread or bread sticks. No bread was offered before, or with dinner. Perhaps we should have asked about it.
Overall, the experience was not good. We both felt that, for the price of the meals, we were short changed. I don't think we'll return. This was not what either one of us remembered about our previous meals at our old home town Roaster.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tallnxee

Been to Sharps Roasthouse? Share your experiences!