“Very nice, well cared for, up to date Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed February 16, 2011

No surprises here good or bad, just a very nice, well cared for, up to date Holiday Inn Express. Quick free shuttle service to and from Sea-Tac. Will stay here again if flying out of Seattle.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2011

Stayed here before a mid-morning flight from SeaTac. We were probably unlucky in waiting a fair while for the shuttle bus to arrive from the airport pick-up point as they run every 30 minutes minimum at certain times, but once we arrived everything picked up.

The receptionist was efficient, and even produced probably the most unusual Priority Club gift I've had - the choice of popcorn or a cereal bar! You can't say they don't cater for both the heathly and unhealthy ...

The room itself was excellent - a mini-suite comprising a small lounge area with separate TV, large bed, microwave and coffee maker.

By the time we emerged to head into town for a meal, the shuttle was on request and this was extremely quick - pretty much instant, in fact - and the driver had no problem with dropping us at the entrance to the light rail station.

The breakfast area the following morning had plenty of spare space at what should have been a busy time, and HIE's cinnamon rolls always hit the spot!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Need to stay close to the airport? Look no further. This is our second stay here in the clean quiet comfortable rooms. Desk staff are always friendly. Good breakfast too. I would not hesitate to recommend a stay here

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John-and-Lin-on-tour
Reviewed February 3, 2011

This is our 2nd holiday inn express this week... What an improvement from the last one...
after a day of airplanes, we just wanted a room to relax in. This room is great.. a room suite, with even a small kitchen.. The front desk staff was fantastic!! the room is nice and quiet,and the housekeeping staff is wonderful. Everything about this hotel is great!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Made a reservation a few weeks ago for this hotel through the front desk, not online. This reservation was made with a discount. When I checked in, I provided verification of credentials that allowed for this discount, and was told that this was the rate that I would be charged.

Later that evening, when went on line to check account balances associated with my work credit card , I found that the front desk had charged me well-over the agreed upon rate, plus charged extra for "incidentals" that I did not ask for. (Nor was I informed that would be applied toward my card.) I called the front desk, and after a great deal of heated discussion, had the "incidentals" charge removed. When I brought up the discrepancy in the rate being applied to what I was quoted, I was told that the "extra" fees were standard and not part of the reduced room rate. We could not come to an agreement on the charges, so I informed the front desk clerk that I wanted the national customer service rep's number and that I would not be staying for the second night. If these extra fees had been brought up, I would have been able to cancel the reservation. As it stands now, I have charges on a card that my company won't cover.

Not a great way to treat a customer. This was the first time I'd dealt with this issue with my work and discount with Holiday Inn Express. I will be contacting the national office with my complaint. In 20 years of extensive travel, this is the first time I've ever done this for a major hotel chain.

The hotel itself is beautiful and is pleasant. It is well away from the airport in terms of sound, but close enough to get there quickly. The hotel staff IS nice, but I felt that either they weren't disclosing information or didn't know what discounts to apply.

As far as my room, the carpet smelled like rancid milk. The "high speed" internet connection was poor at best, constantly resetting.One other significant purpose for staying here was having a reliable connection. If this is something you need, don't stay here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SeaBad
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Really awesome room...loved that it had a small kitchen area with a sink, cupboards, refridgerator, and microwave. Room was clean and everything worked including the bathroom fan. Nice comfy bed, and a good price. Free shuttle runs every 30 mins. Upon check-in we were told it runs every 5 mins as needed, but when we went to check out we were told it only runs on the half hour. When we got there it had just left. The front desk clerk made quick arrangements for another shuttle to come and pick us up. Very pleased with the serive. The breakfast was great, and the lobby was wonderful. Lots of seating with a fireplace with a large flat screen t.v. over it.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2010

When I fly out of SeaTac in the morning I will often get a room near the airport to avoid the hassle of traffic, etc, that morning. It has been a few years though, and no one hotel had stood out in the past. I didn't want to pay a fortune, but I didn't want to stay in a dump either.

With this stay, Holiday Inn Express is the winner. They are reasonably priced, and they were so helpful. I was very tired when we arrived and had confused them with the Holiday Inn up the road. I just looked at the desk clerk, exhausted, and asked if he could change it to their hotel. He picked up the phone, called the Holiday Inn, made sure they wouldn't penalize me, and set me up with a room at the lower rate. I was so happy that I didn't have to get back in my car and drive to the other hotel!

Room was big, bed very comfortable, wifi fast, flat screen tv. We didn't stop for the breakfast in the morning so I can't comment on that. The lobby area did look nice, and I liked that they had a little courtyard area out front with benches where you could sit outside.

Unfortunately, with an ill MIL, it looks like we will be traveling back and forth to Seattle more frequently in coming months. This hotel will be our choice to stay at near the airport.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these SeaTac hotels
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport
Hampton Inn Seattle Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!