Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
$195
$213
$169
BestWestern.com
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport(SeaTac)(Great Value!)
$181
$189
$180
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshi expressfull size fridgeupgraded to a suitefree shuttlesea tacnearby restaurantsshuttle servicefront desk staffthe breakfast areafree breakfasttwo queen bedsnext morningcruise shiplight railliving roomrental carstayed one night
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Due to delays, I did not arrive at this hotel till 6 AM. By then, staff had canceled my confirmed reservation for no-show. But after having heard that I had planned to stay in town for one more night anyway before my next flight, the caring front desk staff member took the initiative to make this generous proposal to me: instead of reinstating the canceled reservation for me to stay for only six hours till noon, she could just apply the charge for the no-show night to the following night, and even check me in early, as in immediately, at 6 AM. As a result of her kindness, my late arrival turned into a blessed 30-hour stay with two breakfasts--all for the price of one night. To be sure, this occurred in the quiet days before the onset of the Christmas travel rush, so on a peak-occupancy day this caring gesture may not be possible. But the fact that she took such great care of me indicates that she doesn't just meet the required IHG customer-service minimum in care and empathy, she exceeds it, hence my choice of the "kind and gentle" title.

Moreover, the whole staff is also always friendly. The lobby appearance, room comfort, Internet speed, and breakfast items all meet or exceed HIE standards, and the airport shuttle was quick on airport pick-up and punctual on return to the airport. For the brand level I chose and for the amount that I paid, this stay was certainly of great value. Whether staying in conjunction with a flight, or as a more economical base than downtown to use transit (which is quite convenient as well) to visit downtown Seattle, I highly recommend this kind and gentle hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank backpackdude
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear backpackdude,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that my staff took such good care of you. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the SeaTac area.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Staff here are very good, and very helpful. I was pleasantly surprised that the noise from the airport was minimal due to great insulation.

Breakfast was the usual, but well stocked. I would recommend to anyone traveling in the Seattle area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Cheryl C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Being close to the airport you will see planes taking off and landing but you really don't hear them at all. I hope liked the changes we have made to breakfast, we have added more fresh fruit, turkey sausage and greek yogurt. We also have gluten-free options available now as well. I hope the rest of your travels were safe and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel, because it's right next to the airport. We did get a suite which made it nice for us since my husband is an early riser and likes to read while I sleep in. This was a quiet hotel despite the constant airplanes taking off and landing. The hotel was also very clean and had a free breakfast which was very good. It was also convenient to local restaurants and shopping. The internet was very fast which my husband appreciated.

Room Tip: If you are an IHG Rewards Club Member, you can get a cheaper rate.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dianne75645

Dear Dianne75645,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I'm glad that you got to enjoy one of our fantastic suites. The one bedroom suite makes traveling easier, especially for families. With 2 TV's in the room you can each watch what you want. I hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to the SeaTac area.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This is a nice place to stay near the airport. Prices are much lower than staying in Seattle proper. The shuttle will run you to the light link rail and back (and other area places: restaurants) for free, anytime of the day and night. You can connect right to downtown seattle from the rail without having to worry about parking or driving those one way streets and hills.

Being so close to the airport was not a problem: one can hardly hear the jets. We just turned the fan up and it was fine. We did not hear any guests through the walls or in the hallways.

Breakfast was good and offered turkey sausage along with regular. Free coffee all day.

The people at the front desk were always pleasant and extremely helpful.

Rooms were very clean, nice beds and pillows, and a great shower. We will be staying here again on our way back up to Seattle in a week.

Room Tip: We stayed on the TOP FLOOR and heard no other guests (even though the hotel was very full)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jesalinda,

Thank you for kind comments. I'm glad that you got to use all of our amazing amenities. The shuttle to the light rail makes going downtown so much easier that renting a car. We have made some changes to our breakfast items and it is great to hear the positive feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I can't think of anything really good or really bad to say- I guess it's bad when at this point I expect so little of HIE that I'm just glad their wasn't anything major to complain about. Their parking lot is small and kind of difficult to maneuver.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank tc3399
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear tc3399,

Thank you to for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that our parking lot can get a little crowded. I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.