“Close to airport”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed September 7, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful both with check in and about the surrounding area. They gave us a little goody pack for being a platinum member. The rooms are dated and not really what we are used to for ich stays. They were large and clean just older looking. The shuttle driver from the airport to hotel (i think his name was Amir was jovial, courteous and very friendly) The front desk staff told us to come down stairs when ready and the shuttle would be there in 5 minutes to take us back to the airport in the morning. We arrived downstairs at 4:05 am and told we just missed shuttle it runs every 30 minutes. We were then told he would be back at 4:30...our flight was for 5:30. If we were told that info the night prior we would have arrived before 4am...needless to say this was very frustrating. The shuttle driver that morning was rude and very unfriendly. I felt like he did not enjoy his job.

All in all this hotel was just "okay" but no where close to the exceptional ambience that we are used to with HIE.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear G W,

I do apologize that the shuttle arrangements was made clear to at check-in. Our shuttle does run every 30 min from 3 am until 12 noon, from there on it is on call. I will definitely be speaking to my front desk and driver to make sure that we are giving the correct information. I hope you will try us out again next time you are in the area so we can so you how perfect we can make your stay.

General Manger

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This is in a great, quiet location. Convenient for our Seattle sight-seeing. Very nice, comfortable room. We had too much on our agenda to stop for the breakfast but it looked like everyone was enjoying it. We especially enjoyed making our early morning flight with none of the usual panic!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Dawn M,

I'm glad that you found us so easy for your sight seeing adventures. That's one of the great reasons for staying in SeaTac, we are within 30 minutes of downtown Seattle, and about 2 hours away from Mt Rainier, it makes it easy to see everything. I hope you stay with us again next time you come to the Seattle area.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

1. The ihg.com website described the non-cancellation rate avaliable under description "Two Queen Beds". After the booking was done - a non-editable note was added under 'special requests' saying as if I requested smaller beds ('Two double beds')!. I was lured into this inferior location, when at the same time same comfort level room was available right at the SeaTac airport in walking distance. Because of that I had to use a shuttle service, which was a nightmare.

2. Shuttle after 8pm at the airport dedicated 'island' in poor lighting conditions and with blinding lights of vans (especially close to the ramp), we could not see that the 'HAMPTON INN' bus had tiny letter size printed logo of Holiday Inn Express (and some other hotel too) : very unprofessional. Called complimentary customer phone line 1x, which sounds like carried over walkie-talkie and rather useless. Called hotel 2x and never was told specifics of the shuttle, even when I asked. They should say it is Hampton Inn shuttle in a first place (I missed it 2 times).

3. Finally I spend the night with the family and at 4:45am in the very morning there was a 20-min heavy stomping - someone walking in the room above, back and forth waking everyone up. I complained at the reception and in the morning when asked I expressed my dissatisfaction. Receptionist promised me to add 1000 points on my members balance and... I checked today : nothing was added.

4. I got the e-mail today "we appreciate your comments - write a review". Logged in to the IHG.com website and under 'write review' link there is nothing to write into. So I try to consult by online chat: "you are #50 in a queue", after 20+ min waiting it froze and I could not post my whole comment & question.

Overall: this location is not recommended in opinion. Should have used the AAA website instead.
Not to mention there is no swimming pool.

Room Tip: use AAA approved motels insted for same quality at better price level
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear PaulFromBoston2013,

I am so sorry you had a less than perfect stay at our hotel. I will definitely be checking with front desk to make sure that your points were awarded. It can take up to 2 weeks for your points to post because we have to email the IHG rewards desk and have them add the points to your account. I do apologize about the shuttle not being explained correctly. One of our shuttles got into an accident and we borrowed a shuttle from one of our sister properties, I will make sure my desk does a better job of explaining this if that ever happens to us again. I hope you will consider trying us out again so we can prove that we better than your last experience.

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is older and in need of the sort of makeover that holliday inn usually does very well. The staff was friendly enough, but my wake up call never came through. How can you mess that up? The wireless internet speed was slightly better than 3G, which is about par for the course. Breakfast was adaquate. The best thing this hotel has going for it is a good shuttle service. We used it to get to the light rail, which was our transport to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear FirstOnes,

Thank for taking the time to review our hotel. We are an older property but we did go through a major renovation in 2010 which we won an award for from IHG. I am sorry that you felt we were not up to the standard HIE, please try us out again so we can show that we can and do stand out from the other Holiday Inn Express. Hope to see to see you again!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel is clean but very basic. The shuttle took about 40 minutes to arrive at the airport for pick up however it was excellent for taking guests to nearby restaurants. Seatac is a sketchy part of Seattle and this hotel seemed safer than most.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear dnkpowell,

Thank for taking the time to review our hotel. We are extremely sorry about the wait at the airport. We do our best to get there as quick as possible. I'm glad that you were able to use the shuttle to go to one of our local area restaurants. We do take our guest security very seriously and have a security guard on all night. I hope you stay with us again next time you are in the SeaTac area.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here in August before we flew out of SeaTac airport early in the morning.=. It was very clean. The rooms were large and had a great comfy chair. Breakfast was good. The shuttle left on time to take us to the airport. The front desk was helpful in giving us a list of places to eat and that delivered which is what we did for supper. We would stay here again. We didn't use them, but there were washer and dryers available in the hall. The room had a kitchenette also if you were staying longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear alola_rn,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy one of our suite rooms that is set up for long term stays with a full fridge, kitchenette and microwave. We have laundry that is available 24 hours day on all of our floors. If you stay with us again I would highly recommend trying one of our area restaurants. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is VERY convenient to the airport. Their shuttle runs every 30 minutes and also makes a stop for train access into downtown. This makes it much more affordable to stay and have access to Seattle. The staff is very helpful. The only dig is there are no decent eateries within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear CampingTerriers,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad that you were able to use our complementary shuttle to the airport and light rail. We don't have a lot of restaurants in walking distance but our shuttle will take you to one of our local area restaurants instead. I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the SeaTac area.