“Decent hotel for an early morning flight”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is located close to Seatac airport and was convenient for an early morning departure. The room was pretty standard for a Holiday Inn Express, as was the breakfast. Nothing spectacular, but fine for an airport hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear wsflyer,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you were able to rest after your flight. I hope yo stay with us again next time you are in the SeaTac area.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had a great view of Mt. Rainier. I enjoyed hearing the air traffic as I was going to sleep. I live near an airport, so I am used to hearing airplanes. It was an added bonus having the complimentary breakfast. The only thing I found amiss in my room was a baseboard tile that came off the wall by the refrigerator.

Room Tip: With a room on the east side, you might be able to see Mt. Rainier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Karen D,

Thank you so much for your kind review. We strive to make every guests stay as pleasant as possible. I do apologize that one of our tiles were loose, I will make sure that we correct that. I'm glad you got one of our rooms with the view of Mt Rainier, it is one of the most beautiful sights. I hope you stay with us again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Your typical airport hotel. The room was comfortable enough, it had a small kitchenette, the bathroom was very small...could hardly open the door without hitting the toilet. Bed was comfortable enough. A little noisy though. I was on the 3rd floor but could clearly hear the road noise. The worst part (not a fault of the hotel) is that on the main strip where the hotel is there are no good places to eat. My colleagues and I drove around for 45 minutes looking for a decent restaurant but ended up at Denny's!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the ground floor....stay as high up and towards the back of the hotel if possible...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Ernie_Schenk,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do apologize that you had a hard time finding a restaurant near our hotel. We do offer a list of nearby restaurants at the front desk to make dinner choices easier on travelers. I hope you stay with us the next time that you are in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed overnight here during a layover before an early morning flight. All i knew is that we had reservations at the Holiday Inn Express and that there was a Holiday Inn (not Express) also at SeaTac. When we reached the area for courtesy vans, we saw that there was a Holiday Inn van just pulling up. We stopped the van and learned from the driver that he went only to the Holiday Inn Seattle-Kent. We then phoned the Holiday Inn Express and was told that the van was nearly at our terminal. Sure enough, the van pulled up within a couple of minutes.

We later learned that there are actually four Holiday Inn branded hotels that are near SeaTac and that run courtesy shuttle vans back and forth to the airport: Holiday Inn Express at SeaTac (on International Avenue), Holiday Inn Seattle Airport (also on International Avenue), Holiday Inn Seattle-Kent and Holiday Inn Seattle-Renton. So make sure when you reserve a room, you know which specific hotel you've booked. And, make sure you ask before you get on the shuttle van which specific hotel it is going to.

The H/I Express actually was a bit further down on International Avenue than most of the other airport hotels at SeaTac (the H/I Seattle Airport is actually very close by, but you will pass most national brands' hotels along the same street before you finally reach the H/I Express).

Once there, you will find a standard H/I Express. Not fancy or stylish, but clean and fairly comfortable. Included breakfast was not notable either way: a few hot items as well as continental-type breads/juices. Certainly enough to get you going before you hit the airport.

Since we just did the overnight thing, the only thing really to comment on was the shuttle, which ran on time.

1  Thank traveldan21
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear traveldan21,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Traveling to SeaTac can be a little confusing. We try and make it as easy as possible by confirming your reservation when you call and by giving you a description of our van. I'm glad that you did enjoy our hotel once you arrived and I hope you stay with us again next time you are in the SeaTac area.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed a total of 3 nights for two separate stays during our 7 day trip to Washington. The shuttle arrived fairly quickly from the airport to pick us up which was a plus. The male desk clerk didn't seem the friendliest and in fact did not mention the breakfast hours to me which I thought was strange so I ad to look it up in the room guest directory. The room was very clean and newly redone in a contemporary decor. Our two night stay was quiet. The next time we came ask to stay one night and the same ale desk clerk was there and seemed to ignore me when I came in. His female counterpart was pleasantly the opposite of him and was friendly and welcoming. When we got to our room which was at the end of the hallway on the third floor we found the layout was kind of odd. The frig was in the living room and you saw the kitchen when you walked in. Also, both of our rooms had smaller than average bathroom counters compared to the Ramada which we stayed at in Olympia. We found our tv wasn't working and my husband called the front desk. Well, the same not too friendly male clerk found a cable unplugged but quickly took off before we found the tv wasn't working. He called the front desk and luckily the female clerk picked up and helped my husband to get the tv working. The breakfast was fairly good although if you're looking for fruit it's just apples in a bowl. The room was overpriced for a king suite.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Shari W,

I apologize that your stay was less then perfect. We strive to make every guest stay perfect as possible. Please try our hotel again and let us wow you with our awesome customer service.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went with the Cruise package and what a great deal. They pick you up at the airport, drop you off at cruise ship and do the opposite on your way home, picking you up from the ship and getting you back to the airport. On our last day we had time before our flight out and they held our baggage while we took the light rail into town. Be aware though, when getting picked up at the airport- ask for the holiday inn EXPRESS, we first were shuttled to the regular holiday inn and another family did the same. They aren't that far apart but apparently have separate shuttles! Free breakfast too. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They offer a free shuttle to about 10 different restaurants in the area. We ate at Sharps - a little pricey, but a fantastic meal! The room was clean and comfy. I just loved how hassle free the package was- no stressing about arranging transportation ( or the costly price )of getting to and from the cruise. Great package!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Kellyloves2travel99,

I'm so glad that you found our cruise package so easy to use! We want to make sure that starting your vacation is as hassle free as we can make it. I'm glad that you were able to take our shuttle to one of the local area restaurants and to the light to head down town. I hope your travels brings you back our way in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was a little concerned when we first walked the hallway of the HI Express as the carpet and hallway were pretty dingy. Rooms for both stays were really nice. Breakfast was OK first morning, they prepared a to-go bag (cinamon roll and fruit) for us the last morning as we had an early flight, that was nice. Shuttle was great and timely for both pickup and drop off. Dinner recommendation was good too. I would recommend this HI Express to anyone for Sea-Tac.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear UMTerpVirginia,

Thank you for your kind review, I'm glad that you were able to get a to-go bag before you left on your early flight. Our breakfast does start at 5 am but sometimes that is not quite early enough so I'm glad that the staff took care of you. I hope your travels bring you back to our hotel in the future.