“Avoid confusion at SeaTac airport hotels”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed overnight here during a layover before an early morning flight. All i knew is that we had reservations at the Holiday Inn Express and that there was a Holiday Inn (not Express) also at SeaTac. When we reached the area for courtesy vans, we saw that there was a Holiday Inn van just pulling up. We stopped the van and learned from the driver that he went only to the Holiday Inn Seattle-Kent. We then phoned the Holiday Inn Express and was told that the van was nearly at our terminal. Sure enough, the van pulled up within a couple of minutes.

We later learned that there are actually four Holiday Inn branded hotels that are near SeaTac and that run courtesy shuttle vans back and forth to the airport: Holiday Inn Express at SeaTac (on International Avenue), Holiday Inn Seattle Airport (also on International Avenue), Holiday Inn Seattle-Kent and Holiday Inn Seattle-Renton. So make sure when you reserve a room, you know which specific hotel you've booked. And, make sure you ask before you get on the shuttle van which specific hotel it is going to.

The H/I Express actually was a bit further down on International Avenue than most of the other airport hotels at SeaTac (the H/I Seattle Airport is actually very close by, but you will pass most national brands' hotels along the same street before you finally reach the H/I Express).

Once there, you will find a standard H/I Express. Not fancy or stylish, but clean and fairly comfortable. Included breakfast was not notable either way: a few hot items as well as continental-type breads/juices. Certainly enough to get you going before you hit the airport.

Since we just did the overnight thing, the only thing really to comment on was the shuttle, which ran on time.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank traveldan21
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear traveldan21,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Traveling to SeaTac can be a little confusing. We try and make it as easy as possible by confirming your reservation when you call and by giving you a description of our van. I'm glad that you did enjoy our hotel once you arrived and I hope you stay with us again next time you are in the SeaTac area.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed a total of 3 nights for two separate stays during our 7 day trip to Washington. The shuttle arrived fairly quickly from the airport to pick us up which was a plus. The male desk clerk didn't seem the friendliest and in fact did not mention the breakfast hours to me which I thought was strange so I ad to look it up in the room guest directory. The room was very clean and newly redone in a contemporary decor. Our two night stay was quiet. The next time we came ask to stay one night and the same ale desk clerk was there and seemed to ignore me when I came in. His female counterpart was pleasantly the opposite of him and was friendly and welcoming. When we got to our room which was at the end of the hallway on the third floor we found the layout was kind of odd. The frig was in the living room and you saw the kitchen when you walked in. Also, both of our rooms had smaller than average bathroom counters compared to the Ramada which we stayed at in Olympia. We found our tv wasn't working and my husband called the front desk. Well, the same not too friendly male clerk found a cable unplugged but quickly took off before we found the tv wasn't working. He called the front desk and luckily the female clerk picked up and helped my husband to get the tv working. The breakfast was fairly good although if you're looking for fruit it's just apples in a bowl. The room was overpriced for a king suite.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Shari W,

I apologize that your stay was less then perfect. We strive to make every guest stay perfect as possible. Please try our hotel again and let us wow you with our awesome customer service.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We went with the Cruise package and what a great deal. They pick you up at the airport, drop you off at cruise ship and do the opposite on your way home, picking you up from the ship and getting you back to the airport. On our last day we had time before our flight out and they held our baggage while we took the light rail into town. Be aware though, when getting picked up at the airport- ask for the holiday inn EXPRESS, we first were shuttled to the regular holiday inn and another family did the same. They aren't that far apart but apparently have separate shuttles! Free breakfast too. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. They offer a free shuttle to about 10 different restaurants in the area. We ate at Sharps - a little pricey, but a fantastic meal! The room was clean and comfy. I just loved how hassle free the package was- no stressing about arranging transportation ( or the costly price )of getting to and from the cruise. Great package!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Kellyloves2travel99,

I'm so glad that you found our cruise package so easy to use! We want to make sure that starting your vacation is as hassle free as we can make it. I'm glad that you were able to take our shuttle to one of the local area restaurants and to the light to head down town. I hope your travels brings you back our way in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was a little concerned when we first walked the hallway of the HI Express as the carpet and hallway were pretty dingy. Rooms for both stays were really nice. Breakfast was OK first morning, they prepared a to-go bag (cinamon roll and fruit) for us the last morning as we had an early flight, that was nice. Shuttle was great and timely for both pickup and drop off. Dinner recommendation was good too. I would recommend this HI Express to anyone for Sea-Tac.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear UMTerpVirginia,

Thank you for your kind review, I'm glad that you were able to get a to-go bag before you left on your early flight. Our breakfast does start at 5 am but sometimes that is not quite early enough so I'm glad that the staff took care of you. I hope your travels bring you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a nice hotel with the standard quality you expect from Holiday Inn Express. The room was spacious and clean. Despite being five minutes from the airport, it was very quiet and I was able to sleep easily. The free breakfast was plentiful, as was the free parking.
I found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful. At check-in I received a couple of good tips for places to eat and shop that were nearby.
It's a good location, about a 20 minute drive to Pike Place Markets and downtown Seattle and the savings in price versus a downtown Seattle hotel makes the extra drive worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear carl0086,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We strive to make every guest staff as perfect as possible. I'm glad that you found going downtown so easy. I also want to say if you ever don't feel like driving you can also use the hotel shuttle to go down to the light rail and it is $5.50 for an all day pass and you can by pass the hassle of parking downtown. I hope you stay with us again if you are ever in the SeaTac area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed earlier this week. Room was pretty basic, but during check in we had to listen to the girl at the counter be quite rude to whatever customer was on the other line. She was being quite dramatic about it, and very pointedly hung up after she apparently was done answering questions. From our end it sounded like the hotel was full and he was asking for recommendations, but hard to say. The room itself was ok, pricey for a holiday inn, no breakfast, and about 15 mins from the airport. Check out wasn't until noon, which I thought would be nice, until about 9:30am when housekeeping attempted to enter the room without knocking or anything. I called the front desk concerned that either a) I had missed checkout, or b) someone had just tried to gain access to my room (I had the safety bar flipped). The front desk said 'oh it was probably just housekeeping'. I asked why they would be trying to enter without knocking, especially 2.5 hrs before checkout, and she said 'well to clean your room. Anything else I can help with?' No sorry, no let me confirm it was housekeeping and not some random creeper... overall I would only return out of necessity.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Karrie S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Mandolynn82,

I am sorry that your stay was less than satisfactory. We strive to make sure that every stay is as perfect as possible, if you are ever i the area please try us again so we can show how great our customer service really is.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed there for one night as we were there to see the Mariner's game in Seattle. The hotels in Seattle were outrageously priced so we looked in Sea-Tac and found this Holiday Inn. Though not quite as nice as the one we stayed in when we were in Eugene, Oregon, it was a nice hotel. There was a great hot continental breakfast with more than enough to eat and the breakfast area was very lovely. The fifth floor we were on did have a smokey smell to it though we booked a non-smoking room. It came with a fridge, microwave and sink which was great when travelling with young boys. We took the 509 to Safeco Field and were there in 10 minutes which was a pleasant surprise. Would definitely stay here (or the area) again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mamarama65

Dear mamarama65,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We try and make every stay as pleasant as possible. We do have a couple of smoking rooms left on our fifth floor and sometimes the smell can travel down the hallway, but I apologize that you experienced that. If you do comeback to the area please remember you can always take our light rail to the stadiums to go to a game. if you don't want to deal with traffic or parking down there. I hope to see your family again here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle-Sea-Tac- Airport.