“Nice option for families and business travelers alike”

Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
“Nice option for families and business travelers alike”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We only spent one night here, but it worked out nicely for our family. We got a good deal and it wasn't too far away, only about 13 minutes, from the Museum of Flight which we were headed.
Check-in was fast and easy, and the staff was friendly and helpful. There is limited parking around the hotel, and when that fills up, there is a parking garage. We had a car top carrier on our SUV and wouldn't fit in the garage, so the staff directed us to park literally right next to the lobby doors. That was certainly convenient for loading up the next morning!

The room we got was quite large, with two comfortable queen beds, a desk area, and plenty of storage. The only odd thing about the room was the light switch for the bathroom is located outside of the bathroom door. Needless to say my kids had a bit of prankster fun by waiting until someone was in the shower or bathroom, and then turning the light off on them. I'm not sure the reasoning for that design at all, but it's a minor complaint.

The breakfast was good, for a hotel breakfast. There were lots of places to sit, despite it being full with several business men and women in suits, as well as families. Clearly this hotel is used by both.
I'd recommend staying here if you are in the area and looking for a nice place, that won't break the bank.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I've been told that it is so you don't have to walk all the way into the bathroom to get the light turned on but I'm with you on that one. I'm happy to hear that your parking situation was resolved. Yes, our hotel is mixed with business and leisure travelers. Thank you so much for all your great comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Maryland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We try to stay at Hilton brand hotels for the points. We chose this one based on the free breakfast and Wi-fi. We were not disappointed. We found out when we arrived that we could get a free rollaway bed on a first come basis. Luckily, there was one available. My boys were thrilled that they didn't have to share a bed.
The hotel and our room were very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. I wish that I could have slept in. The hotel washes all bed linens, including the duvet, after every guest. This is wonderful but the smell of chlorine bleach was overpowering for the first few minutes.
Breakfast started at 5am, which is great for people catching early flights. There was a nice selection of hot and cold options, including: eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, cereal, toast, and muffins.
The free airport shuttle runs every half hour from 5am until the evening. After that, it is available on-call for restaurant runs - what a great benefit. It will also bring people to the light-rail train that runs in to downtown Seattle (approx. 45-60 minutes).
The business center had a printer for each of the three/four computers.
All the staff was polite and friendly. I want to particularly single out Kya - her service was outstanding.
I definitely recommend this hotel for people traveling to/from SeaTac airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Brand. You are one of the lucky ones that received a rollaway. They are a hot item. So many families travel during the summer that it is hard to find one available. Thank you for all your great comments and especially for recognizing Kya. Thank you.
Boston
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I do not usually stay at Hampton Inns as my diet limits my ability to take advantage of the breakfast, but chose to stay at this one because it was the only reasonably priced option I could find. I was greeted warmly by the front desk staff who were able to recommend local dinner places and were efficient.

The big surprise, in the best way, was the room. The room was large, designed in a way that it felt like it had a separate "living room" from the bedroom, with a microwave and a fridge. The bathroom was large and the water pressure in the shower was fantastic. The room I was given faced away from the street and was extremely quiet; I do not think I heard any outside noice.

The only problem and it is not this hotel's problem but the "other" Hampton Inn's problem, is with the airport shuttle service. There are two Hampton Inns at the Seattle airport and the airport driver from the other hotel does not like telling people that "he is going to the Hampton INN, not the Hampton INN and SUITES". The INN and SUITES shuttle driver was wonderfully friendly; just don't get on the wrong van!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank fenwayman
I hope we changed your choice of hotel brands. We hope you will continue to use the Hampton brand especially at our location. I do apologize for the confusion and issue with the other hotels driver. We hope you will come stay again soon.
Olympia, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton with 4 small kids. We choose the Hampton in hopes of extra space in the room, as we would have 6 people in 2 rooms. We weren't disappointed. The staff was friendly, the rooms were appropriate for "suites" near the airport and we never heard and airplane. The breakfast was standard for a Hampton, but still gave the kids something hot to eat and made it easy getting out in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I know how hard it is traveling with kids. We appreciate you choosing our hotel. Thank you so much.
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I really lie this pace. I was greeted as a diamond member, received an upgrade to a very nice suite. My friend dropped me off and the front desk even ave her a bottle of water to go. The shuttle runs every half an hour to the airport. There is an early breakfast for those that travel early. It's clean and all around excellent

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Nicki F
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
It sounds like our staff took care of you. Thank you for mentioning how early we do breakfast. We do weekdays from 5am to 10am and weekend from 6am to 10am. Not many hotels start that early. Again, thank you.
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is among my very favorite "top 10"! I have never had a "bad" room or experience here, the beds are really comfortable, the rooms are clean and quiet, and the room designs are such that you do not feel cramped as if you were being crammed into a closet. Having a refrigerator in the room [not a bar, just a fridge] is a big plus IMHO.

Free parking and free wifi access are also great pluses to me. The hotel only needs to keep up the typically great service and I will continue to make my reservations with this hotel!

Room Tip: After staying here many occasions over the past 2 years, I am coming to the conclusion that there ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
It means a lot to be in your top 10. We appreciate that. We also appreciate that you continue to stay with us. See you again soon.
Suwanee, GA
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for easy access to SEATAC. The hotel is situated within walking distance of good restaurants and close drive to airport. There are a couple of gasoline stations around the corner for quick fill up of rental car before return. The complimentary breakfast was very good with plenty of selection. The seating area is large and open. I will definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We love to hear that you will stay with us again. I think you are the first to mention that there are gas stations nearby. It is very helpful for guests to know so they can fill up before returning their rental. We have a 76 gas station around the corner from us.