“Wonerful hotel close to Seatac!”

Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Ranked #3 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed here in August of 2012 after a cruise to Alaska. This hotel is fairly new, and although the front desk had a few problems when we checked in, the overall experience was wonderful. I checked in with my father who has the same name as myself... we checked in at the same time and each front desk person checked us in to the same room. It was understandable and wasn't really a big deal. The bottom line was we checked in just fine and my family enjoyed our respective rooms. The showers were very nice! My family also said they really liked the beds. There is a taco bell close by as well as a Jack in the Box & a diner. The airport shuttle was on time and perfect. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

I apologize for the experience at check in. We will work harder and train the staff so that we do not do this in the future. Thank you for pointing that out to us. We are glad that the rest of your stay was good. Please come stay with again. Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is very new. It is a large hotel with wide hallways. The pool area was nice. There is coffee and tea available 24 hours a day in the lobby. We left too early to try the breakfast. 5 minute drive to Seattle airport car rental return. Parking is underneath the hotel. The entrance to the parking garage was a little too steep. The area around the hotel is not very nice since it is near the airport but there but the Southcenter Mall is about 10 minutes away with lots of nice restaurants - Cheesecake Factory, Bahama Breeze, Rainforest Cafe. Make sure you pick the 28th Street Hampton Inn and not the other airport location which is only 3 blocks away.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the runways and did not hear any planes. You can actually see the airp...
1  Thank IULynn

Not too many people appreciate the large hallways. I know I appreciate it. It keeps the hallways nice and clean and gives guests plenty of room to get by each other. Thank you for pointing that out.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

There are two Hampton Inn and Suites near the airport which is very confusing. The one on 28th Ave is a new property. The room and staff were all great! As was previously mentioned, the room still smells new. The bed was extremely comfortable. We used the hotel shuttle and had absolutely no problem. This morning the shuttle was full. Although the staff will tell you that it runs every 30 minutes, I know for a fact that they dropped us off at the airport and immediately headed back to the hotel to take more people to the airport. When we arrived at the airport, prior to going to the hotel, we were trying to locate the correct Hampton Inn Shuttle. I went to the area to call for the hotel shuttles and only one Hampton Inn was listed. Knowing that it was not the correct one, I went ahead and called it anyway. I figured that since this is a hotel chain, someone would be able to help. The person who answered the phone was quite abrupt and told me that I did not have the correct number. She offered no assistance in helping me find the correct number and started to hang up. Before she could do so, I asked her how I would be able to contact the correct Hampton Inn. She told me that the number is not listed (like I didn't already know that?) and told us to go to the area downstairs and find the 28th Ave shuttle there. We found a Hampton Inn shuttle and made the mistake of asking that driver if he was going to the 28th Ave location and he literally yelled at us that he was not! I have a feeling that if I was writing a review on that particular Hampton Inn, the review just might not have been as positive. If you have an early flight out, ask for the breakfast to go bag. Do not hesitate to stay at the Hampton Inn on 28th Ave. Our experience was great!

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking, definitely ask for a room by the elevator. The halls are very long.
1  Thank McDowB

Thank you so much for your high ratings for our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of Hilton for your experience with the other hotel. Unfortunately, we are not listed as a hotel inside the airport. But if you go to the 3rd floor of the parking garage, the only location where hotel shuttles can drive through, you will find hotel listing and we are listed there. We are extension 49. This is the way to let the hotel know that you are ready to be picked up. In comparison, we have large size shuttle with Hamtpon logo wrap on it. The other Hampton has a smaller shuttle. Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Brand new hotel, smells fresh and new (and no problems with shower water pressure, etc.) Every person with whom we came in contact was extremely friendly and helpful. Very comfortable bed.
Since this is a Hampton we didn't expect a bellman for luggage help, but the only con was that we arrived around 10pm with four very heavy bags. My husband is handicapped and there were no luggage carts available. I'm 60 and not able to handle the luggage by myself. We were told that "people sometimes are inconsiderate and take the carts to their room and keep them"....this really needs to be addressed. Would it be so hard to have a sign-in to use the cart so that if it isn't returned in a reasonable amount of time the guest could be contacted to return it? One of the desk clerks had to help with the bags after we waited for him to search unsuccessfully for a cart. We luckily found one this morning prior to our checkout and took it up with us from breakfast.
This was the only "con" for this hotel, other than the airport shuttle service. First of all, SEATAC is the absolutely WORST airport for hotel/parking shuttle pickup I have ever experienced. We couldn't find a skycap for help so rented one of the carts ($4.00) and put all our luggage on it and I had to push it over the "Skybridge" and up and down 2 elevators, then across the street to #3 to call for the hotel pickup, There were only 4 multi-hotel phones, one of which was broken, for over 100 people milling around this island. After waiting 45 minutes our Hampton van finally came, but the pickup curb was so crowded with other vans he couldn't see us! My husband actually walked in front of a loading bus and waved him down with his cane! Once on the shuttle one of the passengers learned he actually was on the wrong Hampton shuttle, after having waited over an hour for the one at International Drive to come....he asked to be let off and last we saw him he was walking to find his hotel--at night---after driving 4,200 miles down from Alaska and Canada. It was just plain awful. So,SEATAC Hamptons, get it together before going to the airport so that people get on the correct shuttle for the correct hotel. Most people don't realize there's more than 1. And please give a specific spot in which to stand so that we would have a chance of being seen. Landing in a strange airport for the first time and needing services is very unnerving to begin with. This shuttle hassle was the pits.
Except for the prior mentioned items, I would stay here again, due to the cleanliness and great staff.

Room Tip: If you are handicapped ask for a room closer to the elevators. We had a long walk.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esser83

On behalf of the aiport and all three Hampton Inns, I apologize for your experience at the SeaTac Airport. Our hotel is Hampton Inn & Suites located on 28th. The other one here in SeaTac is Hampton Inn on International Blvd. The third hotel is in Southcenter. 28th ave Hampton has a larger shuttle versus a smaller shuttle. Please ask for 28th ave Hampton before getting on the shuttle. We are working on a better system out here for all of the Hampton Inns. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Hampton Inn is lovely, clean and new. We would have had a much more pleasant experience if it hadn't been for the shuttle. We called when we arrived at the airport and waited over 30 minutes before the shuttle showed up. I had to call twice to make sure they were coming, even though the hotel is only 5 minutes away. We ended up with a similar situation when we came down to head back to the airport for the 4:30 am shuttle and it was full. They had to call another shuttle which luckily was able to come, if not we would not have made our flight!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marisa d
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We had a king suite at this Hampton. The room was newly renovated and set up for business. Desk area was great. Lots of plug ins, good lighting and the chair wanted to come home with me!
Breakfast was good as always at a Hampton. Rooms were very quiet considering how close the hotel is to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connie B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was my second stay in 2 weeks so that's the reason for the title. First time told front desk that the coffee pot 3-prong plug doesn't plug into it's outlet (a 2-prong plug did). First stay only the outlet at the desk and lamp would allow plug-in. Told front desk, who said they are just hard to plug in. I told them, no, believe me if I pushed harder the plastic would crack. Immediately after I told them another guest came to them and said same thing and also his wife's hair dryer wouldn't plug in. So my second visit, same problem. I called front desk told them coffee maker wouldn't plug in and for them to send up maintenance person to fix. Her reply was they're just hard to plug in...hmm, heard that before. Told them I had same problem previous week so send up maintenence person so I can be identified as a problem. She then said they've had problems with outlets but just carry the coffee maker to the lamp table and plug into the lamp because those will work. So, it's a new hotel and there are some minor problems, but the rooms are very nice; big flat screens and if you're a family go for the larger room. The larger room has good sofa bed and separation between the sofa bed and main bed. If you get there after hours you have to stop at lobby entrance, check-in to get key for access to underground parking or outside doors. 3 elevators (good size) from garage to all floors. The underground parking stalls are narrow and if you have a large vehicle, hard to maneuver in/out of because of all the posts.

Room Tip: Larger room is great for a family. For 1 or 2 people any room is good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Seattlebiz
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are fully aware of the coffee machines. The new outlets that we installed are the new standard in safety. They are waterproof, safe and causes less fires. The only problem is that they are hard to plug things into until they get loosened. I apologize that our staff told you to plug them into the lamps. I know this is an option but not a solution. It is difficult to plug them into the outlets but they will plug in and won't break them. Again, I apologize for the difficulties with the outlets and thank you for your feedback.