“Noisy and Run Down”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Ohio
“Noisy and Run Down”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and the fact that it provided shuttle service. We should have taken the hint that this wasn't going to be a pleasant experience when we called the hotel twice and still waited 45 minutes for a shuttle to come pick us up (less than a 5 minute ride away!). Once we were finally dropped off, our room still wasn't ready, despite calling the hotel two hours earlier receiving confirmation that they would have a room ready when we arrived. The lady manning the front desk said it would be another hour or hour and a half before our room would be ready and that we should go shopping or something (?). My husband was ill so I told her we'd wait in the lobby instead. Within 5 minutes she found us a room. Amazing!

The front desk staff appears to be overworked, at least I would like to attibute her uncaring attitude to this reason. We tried to use the computer in the lobby to check the net and when we couldn't get a connection, she replied, "it's down." Duh! My husband took the initiative and rebooted it. Problem solved.

After we finally got into the room, we noticed that our window was open and wouldn't shut, obviously pushed too far from either the maid or the previous guest. The front desk did send someone to fix it. While the maid did the best she could cleaning the room, the wallpaper was coming off the walls and had marks on it as well as the carpet raveling at the seams. This hotel has seen better times in the past...

We had a 6:45 a.m. flight the next morning. After telling us the shuttle ONLY runs on the hour and half hour we decided to get a wake up call at 3:30 am so we could take the 4:00 shuttle. We arrived at the front desk at 3:50 a.m. to see the same lady who was there the morning, afternoon, and evening when we arrived still at the front desk! The shuttle was gone already! When we confronted her with the rules about shuttle times that she gave us the day before, she said, "Well, the van was in an accident." Ok, but I still didn't see the relevance to the van leaving early. When the van finally arrived, it was the same van as yesterday, with the same dent in the door as yesterday. Any answer to get us off her back, I guess! Thank heavens we planned well and had plenty of time to get thru the airport security, etc.

The biggest problem with this hotel is that it's like living in a college dorm room. You can hear every person in the hallway and every door being open or shut. It's EXTREMELY noisy! On top of this, I believe the hotel is situated at the end of an airport taxi way or run up area because all night we could hear loud blasts from plane engines. I expected to hear general take off noise since we were close to the airport, but this was ridiculous! Needless to say, we did not sleep at all... Next time we will pay a few dollars more and get an upgraded hotel!

• Disliked — It was really noisy. Like living in a dorm room. The front desk staff was uncaring and never gave us a straight answer. This place has seen better days.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BabyDuckOhio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We stayed here one night and left for the airport early because we couldn't wait to get out. The motel was shabby and not too clean. Plumbing noises and slamming doors left two of the three of us awake for most of the night. Food and supplies in the breakfast room were constantly running out and were replaced slowly. There was no fruit to be had. The computer in the lobby was not allowing access to the internet and the receptionist was completely uninterested in doing anything about it. (She was busy doing other tasks even when guests were trying to transact business.) The airport shuttle was a positive feature.

• Liked — Nearness to airport
  • Disliked — Shabbiness, noise
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank pcchicago

Travelers are raving about these SeaTac hotels

Boise
Reviewed August 7, 2007

The only great thing about this place is that it is close to the airport. There was a broken window/door between the bedroom and the bathroom so nothing was private. The service was not friendly or fast and the rates published at the hotel were cheaper than what we got on hotel.com

• Liked — free shuttle and close to the airport
  • Disliked — It felt like I was back in college. Dorm room atmosphere and lousy customer service
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed July 18, 2007

When I booked this, it was rated as a 3 star hotel. Far from it. It is dirty, the carpets need to be replaced, the walls have never been washed, and it looks like previously my room had an attempted break in. The door frame has obviously been damaged by someone trying to force it open. The curtain was broken. When my wife rubbed a white wet towel on the floor the towel became black. nasty nasty nasty.

one very positive part of the stay. the staff are very friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to take care of you. the problem is,
no matter how nice the people are, there is nothing worse than a dirty, cheap hotel that needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — dirty hotel
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
seattle
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I will never, in my life, stay at a Days Inn. This has to be the worst hotel I have stayed in. When I first arrived I noticed the rundown and dirty parking lot, completely unsecure. When I entered the lobby I wasn't even greeted by the woman behind the desk. She was rude, seemed bored and didn't even welcome me to the hotel. Going down the hallway to find my room I noticed two men, dressed in street clothes, pushing the maid carts. I imagine they work there, but they had no nametags or uniform that would identifiy them from the guy down the street. The room smelled of "cheap" everywhere I looked. There were no shampoo, or soaps, the TV remote didn't work, the beds were hard and the linens thin as paper. The carpet was dirty and there ants underneath the sink. Ugh!! I almost felt dirty staying there. Because I booked my room through one of the discount sites, i could not get a refund. I was so angry that I had to stay there or lose my $112. No way I would ever go back! HORRIBLE!!

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank cozywintersnow
Sugarland,TX
Reviewed March 27, 2007

We booked this hotel as part of a package without reading reviews. This hotel is located close to the airport, on the same street as the airport. The hotel is plagued by parking troubles, so look out if you are going to rent a car/need car parking. The hotel managers/management try to make some extra bucks by offering hotel parking as park and fly/long-term parking. Guests ended up parking their cars in fire lanes and in handicap spots.

Rooms are basic. No microwave/refrigerator in rooms. The TV only showed basic local channels (no CNN etc.). Staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Lobby has a computer with internet to use.

If you are looking for an airport hotel, there are other options in similar price range.

• Liked — Proximity to airport
  • Disliked — No parking. Smelly rooms.
  • Stayed March 2007
2 Thank TXKast
dublin
Reviewed November 28, 2006

Smelly carpets, smelly corridors, smelly linen, suspect stains on the headboard. Stayed in Jacuzzi room. Could hear my wife going to the toilet not pleasant. This place needs to be bulldozed it's awful. And just to make sure we stayed another 2 nights here before we went home. uuughaahha. sends shivers down the spine. On the plus it's very close to airport and staff are friendly and shuttle service is grand. But, when you learn what we learned when you get there that is there is about 20 other hotels in short walking distance to this hotel surrounding it. They can't be any worse than this dump. Only that I live so far away in Ireland. I would actually start a campaign to get this hole of a place shut down. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. Oh! and did I say that this place is AWFUL!! because it is.
You may think how can a place be so bad. Find out at your own Peril.

• Liked — LEAVING
  • Disliked — HAVING TO STAY
  • Tips/Secrets — DON'T GO