“Great hotel, easy to find location”

Days Inn Seatac Airport
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed April 27, 2008

I recently stayed in one of their jacuzzi rooms and really enjoyed myself. It was only $90 on a Saturday night. The bed could have been a little softer but the pillows were wonderful. The contenential breakfast included waffles (you had to make your own with an iron), cereal and muffins. I think some fruit or pastries would have been nice. The hotel is very basic (just like any other Days Inn) but it is clean and has a decent location close to I-5. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank girluncensored

Reviewed March 28, 2008

We stayed here 2 nights - once on arrival and night before leaving Seattle. While I wouldn't say it was a nice hotel, it wasn't bad either. I didn't feel unsafe and the room was acceptable - it wasn't dirty or anything. The hallway did stink of smoke, but the room was fine (one side of hallway is smoking, other side non-smoking). It does have free parking, free wireless internet, and free breakfast (toast, bland waffle, 2 types of cereal, juice/milk). It was an acceptable motel if you arrive late into SEA or have an early flight. We didn't use shuttle so can't comment on that. It was odd having them run your credit card and having that be your receipt - can't say I have seen that ever at a motel. If you want something nicer in the area, be prepared to spend at least $40 a night more than this place.

• Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank robstrash
Reviewed March 8, 2008

One of the worst I've ever stayed in. Arrived at 12:00 noon to a desolate hotel with an empty parking lot and was told that no rooms were available until 2pm. Exterior of the hotel is in need of significant repair especially side facing International Blvd. Hotel is also directly under the flight path of SeaTac Airport and rooms appear not to be soundproofed. Room is old and dated. No closet, only a metal bar with hangers. Work desk was a wobbly and squeky table with a chair that was too low to the ground, and didn't contain a phone. Wall mounted aircon/heat noisy. Hotel claims free wofi, but signal is very week and it tool forever to establish a connection. Only pros are in-room microwave and fridge. "Gym" was a converted guest room on the first floor with three pieces of equipment, one of which didn't work.Blanket on bed was fraying around the edges and so thin you could almost see through it. Unless you get a very good deal bidding on Priceline, search elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank craig_traveler
Reviewed January 30, 2008

We needed a one-night stopover near Seattle's Seatac Airport. While this hotel was nothing special, the front desk staff was helpful and courteous, and the place was clean, comfortable, affordable, and more than adequate for our purposes. We had a large group, and the shuttle bus driver made extra trips to accommodate us, which really helped.

• Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank Soccer0Team0Manager
Reviewed October 26, 2007

My first visit to a Day's Inn in 25 years. I got this one on
Hotwire, and was upset based on TA's reports.
This is not a bad property for a two * hotel.
My room was 216. It was clean, everything worked,
the bathroom was painted, the floor was new, and the
shower had plenty of hot water.
The front desk clerk/manager Angel was friendly and efficient.
She rebooted the wireless router for me, and I had great
Internet access for free.
The breakfast had a waffle maker, cereal, juice, coffee, yogurt,
and mini bagels. There were two kind of muffins.
I used the airport shuttle, and it took 19 minutes for a pickup.
Drivers were friendly.
The exercise area has one non working bike, but the other
two machines performed well.
In review. Motel was clean, everything worked, it was as sound proof as any airport property. I suggest a lower floor, if you are a light sleeper. I was set for the 4th floor, but they changed me to the second. Friendly employees.
This is a solid choice, contrary to other reviews.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bobemac
Reviewed October 22, 2007

I should've visited first but I read decent reviews about this place and then booked a room for some out of town guests that my company was hosting. They checked out early b/c they thought it was not clean and smelled bad. Then Days Inn mistakenly overcharged my credit card for an extra night's stay--- 2 nights after my guests had checked out. I called twice and spoke to staff asking them where the extra charge came from and they said they didn't know but would have someone call back...NEVER HAPPENED. Finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card company. After 2 months of phone calls, letters, faxes and hassles, I finally got my money back.

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank serenajones
Reviewed August 19, 2007

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport and the fact that it provided shuttle service. We should have taken the hint that this wasn't going to be a pleasant experience when we called the hotel twice and still waited 45 minutes for a shuttle to come pick us up (less than a 5 minute ride away!). Once we were finally dropped off, our room still wasn't ready, despite calling the hotel two hours earlier receiving confirmation that they would have a room ready when we arrived. The lady manning the front desk said it would be another hour or hour and a half before our room would be ready and that we should go shopping or something (?). My husband was ill so I told her we'd wait in the lobby instead. Within 5 minutes she found us a room. Amazing!

The front desk staff appears to be overworked, at least I would like to attibute her uncaring attitude to this reason. We tried to use the computer in the lobby to check the net and when we couldn't get a connection, she replied, "it's down." Duh! My husband took the initiative and rebooted it. Problem solved.

After we finally got into the room, we noticed that our window was open and wouldn't shut, obviously pushed too far from either the maid or the previous guest. The front desk did send someone to fix it. While the maid did the best she could cleaning the room, the wallpaper was coming off the walls and had marks on it as well as the carpet raveling at the seams. This hotel has seen better times in the past...

We had a 6:45 a.m. flight the next morning. After telling us the shuttle ONLY runs on the hour and half hour we decided to get a wake up call at 3:30 am so we could take the 4:00 shuttle. We arrived at the front desk at 3:50 a.m. to see the same lady who was there the morning, afternoon, and evening when we arrived still at the front desk! The shuttle was gone already! When we confronted her with the rules about shuttle times that she gave us the day before, she said, "Well, the van was in an accident." Ok, but I still didn't see the relevance to the van leaving early. When the van finally arrived, it was the same van as yesterday, with the same dent in the door as yesterday. Any answer to get us off her back, I guess! Thank heavens we planned well and had plenty of time to get thru the airport security, etc.

The biggest problem with this hotel is that it's like living in a college dorm room. You can hear every person in the hallway and every door being open or shut. It's EXTREMELY noisy! On top of this, I believe the hotel is situated at the end of an airport taxi way or run up area because all night we could hear loud blasts from plane engines. I expected to hear general take off noise since we were close to the airport, but this was ridiculous! Needless to say, we did not sleep at all... Next time we will pay a few dollars more and get an upgraded hotel!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank BabyDuckOhio