“THE WORST I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED”

Sutton Suites And Extended Stays
Ranked #31 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This place was disgusting! I can't imagine anyone giving it any review beyond terrible. To say it had a bad smell is an understatement. We had booked just one night after arriving in from a trip at 11:30 PM. We were travelling with two other couples, so booked a 'suite' with a bedroom and 2 queen beds. When we checked in to our room, we discovered that there were only 2 queen beds (with a small disgustingly old and filthy(!) sofa bed - with no bedding regardless) We returned to the lobby to find that the shuttle driver/check-in clerk had gone to pick up another party at the airport. We waited another 45 minutes for his return, to be told there was nothing he could do to help us. We actually had the email from our booking confirming that we had booked a three queen bed suite, but he wouldn't do anything. We asked for a refund so we could find somewhere else to stay - no way. We asked that he just give us another room for one of the couples, just so that we could sleep the night, but he refused. He finally called someone (?), and after an extended discussion in another language, he gave us a 'different' suite in another part of the complex. Before hauling everyone over there, my husband and I checked it out, and, yes, there were 3 beds...all right beside each other in one room, and if we thought the last room had been smelly and dirty...this one was beyond... We returned to the desk, and stated that it was not acceptable...and believe me...at 2 AM after travelling all day, we were willing to accept almost anything. At this point, one member of our party who had been waiting in the room started to develop an asthma attack, so they pulled up and moved to the Ramada. This place was absolutely filthy...like what you see in ghetto hotels in the movies...I really question where they ever got any positive reviews on this site??? ( A Singh - 5 star review - OMG awesome??? Are you sure you rated the same place we were at?)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 493KarenW

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I always book a room when im flying out near the Sea Tac Airport and have always loved the hotels we have stayed at but ...OMG!!! this stay was awesome... their staff is very friendly and helpful. the front desk is awesome when i walked in i felt like a king. The rooms are beautiful reminded me of home, rooms are so big even the king bedrooms no problem of how much luggage you are carrying and i had a great stay. the other best part of the stay was the shuttle to the airport (24 hours) that was profesional and this hotel gets a big thumbs up!!! i would highly recommend this hotel.....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Singh A
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I usually go out for my business and always need place to PArk and Fly. Sutton Suites is my first choice .They have renovated rooms with new paint and furniture. Front desk is so helpful.Shuttle service is best ,Always on time. Never had any problem to park my car.This is my first preference when I am in seattle.It is clean ,Nice and safe place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank gibbs m
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the first time writing a review and I'm doing it because I feel passionate about saving travellers the nightmare my family and I had at this hotel.

The pictures are not an accurate assessment of this hotel.

It is dirty, dark and scary.

We arrived with our kids later in the afternoon. Just to stay the night and catch a flight the next morning. We were going to use their "park and fly". $140 - seemd like a good deal.

BED BUGS
We found bed bugs in the room at about 830pm, right when we were putting our two young children to bed. My wife and I decided to "bug out" immediately. We did not need to be bringing bedbugs with us in our suitcases. We packed up and asked for our money back.

They said no way. We were in the room for all of 2 hours. Nothing we said could convince them to give us our $140 back. It was then 9pm we have two crying kids in the car, no where to go yet and these *hit heads tell us there is no way they are giving us our money back.

These guys are creeps - it is not like is shown on the pictures or description - this place is like a dirty old hotel you would see downtown where low lives and hookers frequent.

DON'T GO - PLEASE BELIEVE ME - DON'T GO

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank JeremyB450
parmjit, Owner at Sutton Suites And Extended Stays, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

First I would like to thank you for choosing Sutton Suites for your stay. We believe you had a nice stay for couple of hours as you mentioned.We are always here to help our guest and we do take care of all our guests as they are most important to us. Regarding bed bugs ,We have painted all our property and added new furniture.All our linen is newly purchased. You were the first family to check in ,in that room( no.103, I would not hesitate to mention room number,as i m confident about no bugs).Yes,we do our business nicely and in professional way ,so we could not offer you your money back as our place is clean.
Still we will be happy to serve you again in future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

OK I am going to review this hotel in terms of cost to value. Sure, you can stay in a hotel in this area for $150 per night, but for us, this was affordable and exactly what we wanted. For $105 for the night, we stayed in a room with a separate private bedroom that slept 5 comfortably and included parking for 7 nights!
For this many people in a similar hotel, we would have been forced to rent 2 rooms, bumping the cost up significantly. Yah yah it isn't brand new (a remodel IS in progress) but was completely suitable for our needs. The front desk agents are attentive and friendly, the van driver was great, and even the owner picked us up from the airport!

Room Tip: I believe the front building has the newly remodeled rooms; we were traveling with someone in a whee...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jacksfamily

Thanks for choosing Sutton Suites for your stay.We are still working on our property to make your stay pleasant. All the remodeling has been completed now.
We will love you serve you again in future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Large clean rooms and close to the airport! In my opinion the hotel is great for families and large groups. Yes the building is little old but it is away from traffic and located more in quite area and half a block from car rental.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank chris s
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently stayed here and as far as a good extended stay place to be it was great. No there is no swimming pool but this is Seattle and its to cold to think about swimming. No fitness room, but when you are working a lot you really don't need. The staff was very friendly and took care of whatever I needed. I didn't have a car of my own, but no problem they took me to and from work at Boeing and other places I needed to go. They have shuttle to airport and if you tell them what time you have to be there and you are on time (there are other people who have to go) they will get you there. Owner and manager were very nice and helpful also and they are in the process of a complete remodel after buying a place that was in great need of that. I assure you if you are not one who needs a glamorous place to stay, you will be very happy here.

Room Tip: As in any multi-floor place, upstairs is best do to noise from those above. And just ask if you wan...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank MelCox63
Also consider these accommodations in or near SeaTac
Comfort Inn & Suites Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 34 in SeaTac
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Sutton Suites And Extended Stays? Share your experiences!