“Please read this - BED BUGS - DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL”

Sutton Suites And Extended Stays
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Victoria, Canada
“Please read this - BED BUGS - DON'T GO TO THIS HOTEL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the first time writing a review and I'm doing it because I feel passionate about saving travellers the nightmare my family and I had at this hotel.

The pictures are not an accurate assessment of this hotel.

It is dirty, dark and scary.

We arrived with our kids later in the afternoon. Just to stay the night and catch a flight the next morning. We were going to use their "park and fly". $140 - seemd like a good deal.

BED BUGS
We found bed bugs in the room at about 830pm, right when we were putting our two young children to bed. My wife and I decided to "bug out" immediately. We did not need to be bringing bedbugs with us in our suitcases. We packed up and asked for our money back.

They said no way. We were in the room for all of 2 hours. Nothing we said could convince them to give us our $140 back. It was then 9pm we have two crying kids in the car, no where to go yet and these *hit heads tell us there is no way they are giving us our money back.

These guys are creeps - it is not like is shown on the pictures or description - this place is like a dirty old hotel you would see downtown where low lives and hookers frequent.

DON'T GO - PLEASE BELIEVE ME - DON'T GO

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank JeremyB450
parmjit, Owner at Sutton Suites And Extended Stays, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
First I would like to thank you for choosing Sutton Suites for your stay. We believe you had a nice stay for couple of hours as you mentioned.We are always here to help our guest and we do take care of all our guests as they are most important to us. Regarding bed bugs ,We have painted all our property and added new furniture.All our linen is newly purchased. You were the first family to check in ,in that room( no.103, I would not hesitate to mention room number,as i m confident about no bugs).Yes,we do our business nicely and in professional way ,so we could not offer you your money back as our place is clean.
Still we will be happy to serve you again in future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

OK I am going to review this hotel in terms of cost to value. Sure, you can stay in a hotel in this area for $150 per night, but for us, this was affordable and exactly what we wanted. For $105 for the night, we stayed in a room with a separate private bedroom that slept 5 comfortably and included parking for 7 nights!
For this many people in a similar hotel, we would have been forced to rent 2 rooms, bumping the cost up significantly. Yah yah it isn't brand new (a remodel IS in progress) but was completely suitable for our needs. The front desk agents are attentive and friendly, the van driver was great, and even the owner picked us up from the airport!

Room Tip: I believe the front building has the newly remodeled rooms; we were traveling with someone in a whee...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jacksfamily
Thanks for choosing Sutton Suites for your stay.We are still working on our property to make your stay pleasant. All the remodeling has been completed now.
We will love you serve you again in future.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Large clean rooms and close to the airport! In my opinion the hotel is great for families and large groups. Yes the building is little old but it is away from traffic and located more in quite area and half a block from car rental.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank chris s
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I recently stayed here and as far as a good extended stay place to be it was great. No there is no swimming pool but this is Seattle and its to cold to think about swimming. No fitness room, but when you are working a lot you really don't need. The staff was very friendly and took care of whatever I needed. I didn't have a car of my own, but no problem they took me to and from work at Boeing and other places I needed to go. They have shuttle to airport and if you tell them what time you have to be there and you are on time (there are other people who have to go) they will get you there. Owner and manager were very nice and helpful also and they are in the process of a complete remodel after buying a place that was in great need of that. I assure you if you are not one who needs a glamorous place to stay, you will be very happy here.

Room Tip: As in any multi-floor place, upstairs is best do to noise from those above. And just ask if you wan...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MelCox63
Ellensburg, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

No restaurant, fitness room, or amenities. The van driver was on the phone the whole time. The door to the room has obviously been busted in before and there was no closet, just hangers on a coat tree. The bathroom towel holder was askew.
On the other hand, free shuttle to the nearby airport and inexpensive and pretty clean.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Antoinette D
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We found this place from my husband's work! It is a hotel/extended stay, we had no Idea how long we would be there but in looking at other places it was worth the money! All of the staff was very helpful, they couldn't have been any nicer and we was there for 1 & 1/2 months! It is not a high dollar place lined with gold but it is very clean. They are actually in the process of doing a complete remodel which will be very nice! The rooms are very quiet, we slept very well. They took my husband to work and went and picked him up every day which saved us a rental car expense! I would let me dog, sister, mom and anyone else that I love stay here! I felt very safe here and all these other negative comments, I have no clue what the heck they are talking about! Thank you soo much for everything you did for us! Mel & Charlotte

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank krunch2000
Narberth, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was stranded in Seatac, after missing a flight.
I located this motel, as a relatively cheap, reasonable quality hotel, with an airport shuttle.
Sadly, it turned out the hotel was far from reasonable quality.
The airport shuttle was over an hour late.
The hotel itself, but mainly the rooms, smelled very bad. The room was dirty and so was the bathroom.
To get to many of the rooms, you have to go outside in order to access adjacent buildings. However, this also means several long flights of stairs. One of the hotel employees helped me to my room with the luggage, but stopped every few steps and rested, while cursing under his breath.
The breakfast was sub-standard. There were maybe 40 guests in the small breakfast room, and enough food for maybe 10-15 people (also only one toaster and one waffle maker). They did not bother to fill up the food which ran out or clean/clear the tables.
In short - a very bad experience. Stay away.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business