“It was okay . . .”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Tacoma WA
Reviewed May 21, 2006

I stayed at La Quinta by Sea-Tac Airport last October before a very early flight. It had some positive aspects (low price, good service, clean room) but some drawbacks.

* The bed and pillow were both hard as rocks. Very hard to get comfortable.
* It was difficult to adjust the room temperature correctly; they have individual heating/air conditioning units on the wall for each room. Besides being very noisy, these units do not self-adjust like a thermostat does (you were either blasted by hot air, warm air, or cold air, and until you shut off the unit, it keeps blasting away). The room was very cold when I arrived, so I turned on the heat. I made the mistake of leaving the heat on before going to sleep, and woke up sweating.
* If you are leaving for a very early flight, the advertised "free breakfast" was unavailable. I left the hotel at 5:00 a.m., and if I remember correctly, the breakfast did not start until 6:00 a.m. Since the hotel attracts people who have very early flights, you would think they could put out the coffee and pastries earlier (their buffet doesn't require much staff attention). At least the coffee!

Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport

Victoria, BC
Reviewed April 20, 2006

I stayed here on April 13/06 and requested a non smoking room. Well I got that but half the 6th floor is smoking/non smoking. There is nothing to stop the smoke from coming under the door. I have an infant and this was disgusting for us to breath. I booked this place for my trip to Portland and back to Victoria (April 17th) and 1st time was bad and the 2nd stay was nasty. We got a better room since we complained, but when I was in the shower in the morning, there was long brown hair on the shower wall and tub. If this is not clean, then what else was not cleaned?

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 26, 2005

Stayed there one night before flying out of Sea-Tac. I wanted to try the La Quinta chain, and we paid the $97 rack rate for a double room. I am sorry we did not go with one of the many less expensive options in the area, and will not stay in a La Quinta hotel again.

I could hear conversations, sneezing and belching through the walls. The room was basic at best, and was missing some common-sense items such as a soap dish for the bathroom sink. The bed sheets and blanket were thin and worn. We did nothing more than sleep here and did not take advantage of the included breakfast, so I cannot comment on anything other than the room.

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank alonzogo
Reviewed October 20, 2005

the person that said the dogs run the house is completley overreacting!! this was a very nice and very clean hotel! we brought our dog and while it is unfortunate that they witnessed someone letting their dog defecate and not clean it up, we are responsible pet owners and would not allow that to happen. we had a great experience with the front desk. antoinette was extremely cool and helpful! she helped us find our way to the space needle, she told us the best area to park at and where to go. plus the next night we were looking for a movie theatre, not only did she tell us how to get there, she helped us call and find movie times. and she was helping other customers in person and on the phone while giving us her attention! plus she remembered us everytime we came back through the lobby! our room was clean and safe and quiet too! we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank myan23
Reviewed August 25, 2005

After kicking around all the possibilities for a one-night stay @ the airport, we went with this hotel based mainly on price ($85). It was the right choice.

The staff was helpful, and the room was clean, quiet and modern. Free continental breakfast was fine -- coffee, cereal, rolls, juice, fruit.

The shuttle service is good, too. The morning we planned to leave the hotel, we had to go to one of the off-aiport rental car places and weren't sure if the shuttle would take us there. The driver who picked us up at the airport when we landed assured us it would, and sure enough the next day another driver dropped us at the rental car spot after making the rounds at the airport to drop off other passengers.

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank jewels1Philadelphia
Reviewed August 9, 2005

On our cruise to Alaska, needed a one night stay in SeaTac not to far driving distance from the pier. On our way up driving from Los Angeles to Seattle this was our 3rd Hotel. It was by far the best! The room was clean, the pool looked well maintained. The continental breakfast was above average. All in all would recommend it and use it again if needed.

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank newburyengineer
San Jose, CA
Reviewed August 3, 2005

My son, husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and we would recommend it. It's a nice clean hotel and it's convienently located right next to the airport. Although it is literally right next to the airport, we couldn't hear any airport noise from our room, which was nice. If you're looking for a reasonably priced, good hotel I would recommend this one.

• Stayed: July 2005