“Bad Experience”

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Connecticut
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I waited 35 minutes to be picked up by shuttle van. Internet did not work. Wakeup call requested at check in but no wakeup call received.Front desk manager gave us a 20% discount plus a free movie on account of the van problem. Nice gesture but would have rather the incident had not happened. Motel clean, well-maintained and convenient to airport. I would not stay there again due to issues cited above.

• Stayed September 2008
2 Thank mnopConnecticut

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
phila
Reviewed July 24, 2008

we needed a hotel close to the seattle airport, and free breakfast was the inducement. the room was sparkling. not a smudge on the walls or mirrors could be seen. the wake up call was right on time, and the shuttle to the airport left on schedule. breakfast was adequate. no frills at all, however.

• Liked — close to the airport
  • Disliked — no pampering.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hisim
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Arrived at La Quinta evening prior to an Alaskan Cruise. Free airport shuttle and clean rooms. Best part about this hotel was the location. Very short walking distance to a liquor store which sold wine (to take on the cruise). Also were able to take advantage of local transportation (Seattle Express) to the cruise terminal...they picked us up ten minutes before our scheduled time, and the front desk staff called our room to let us know they had arrived. Seattle hotels can be a bit pricey, so we were thrilled to have stumbled upon this value hotel through hotwire.

• Liked — Location and Price
  • Disliked — Elevator
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed June 24, 2008

The good - the hotel is easy to access from I-5, rooms are nice and spacious, staff is friendly and accomodating on check in, great pet policy, double windows keep SeaTac noise out, felt entirely safe in the location.

The bad - the stay was great. A billing snafu went from snafu to ugly as 'good customer service' appears to only apply when there are no problems. Their response was so over the top, I really thought their message was fake.

Overall, the hotel is good, management in my opinion, needs a few more sessions in maintaining customer relations to avoid poisoning the brand.

• Liked — Location, rooms, pet policy
  • Disliked — Manner the staff used to resolve an issue
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelsWithDoggie
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 3, 2008

Great for a quick rest. Had to take the red eye out of Sea Tac and needed a place to sleep. Usually I would say this is about a 2 star hotel but it gets a much better rating this time. They let us check in before 11 AM and we were going to check out at 10 PM and did for our flight. Good clean comfortable room for a days sleep so you won't be totally exhausted. We took a cruise and need an inexpensive place that was not a flea bag hotel to sleep. The front desk was very courteous in letting us check in early. The rooms while plain were clean and comfortable and mostly quiet for being so close to the airport.

Free shuttle was very convenient even if the shuttle driver did complain about his job the entire time and wasn't sure where to drop us off as he only knew where Delta and Southwest were, not the airline we were using. After a few trips around the terminal he finally with another passenger's help figured it out. Would recommend this hotel for a one night stay when flying in/out of Sea-Tac

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
6 Thank AgentJim
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed May 30, 2008

Planned and reserved 8 nights, stayed 1.

Parking spaces are too close and barely allow enough room for a mid-size SUV to pull in, nonetheless have enough room to open your door far enough to be able to get out without hitting the vehicle next to you. The room we stayed in was on the first floor but not really. You have to step up from the lobby to get to the same level and you have to step up from the parking lot as well. This means you can’t use a luggage cart to wheel your many pieces into your room, you have to do it manually. The outside exit door relocks when you leave so you can’t reenter through it so you have to walk back to the side entrance to get in, and it wasn’t even locked even though there’s a card reader to stop unwanted traffic. The bathroom had just a shower, no tub. The refrigerator wasn’t even on a shelf or a table, it was on the floor. I’m not talking about one of those large refrigerators either; this is a small, RV-sized one. The closet was tiny and for a room with two full beds there’s barely enough room for one person to hang their clothes and a jacket let alone a second person in the room. The dresser has only 4 drawers, one of which had 4 phone books in it. The light by the ‘desk’ can only be turned on if the switch on the wall by the main door to the room was on. This also turned on the light next to the television. Luckily it has its own separate switch so you can turn it off if you don’t need it while you work at the ‘desk’. I say it that way because the ‘desk’ is about 4’ x 2-1/2’ and is merely a table. It’s hardly large enough for my notebook computer and mouse then they stick the internet connection device and a large plastic pamphlet holder on it too. There is no surge protector for the AC plug where one would normally insert a laptop/notebook plug and the CAT5e cable that is for the internet isn’t connected to one either, it’s just there laying on the floor hoping you’ll find it instead of thinking the internet in this hotel is wireless – LIKE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY IS. I mean really, it’s Seattle for Pete’s sake. I would think that they’d have wireless in the rooms, heck I saw a bus drive by that said “WI-FI HOTSPOT” so if a moving bus can do it, why can’t they.

The shower is not small, at least compared to the one I have to deal with at home. The water valve assembly isn’t firmly attached to the wall studs so it moves around. The trim ring around the shower head pipe doesn’t stay against the wall, even though it looks like someone caulked it in an attempt to get it to stay.

For a dog-friendly hotel they truly suck. There’s virtually no grassy area and for the spots there are, are just mud. The hotel’s location isn’t that great for walking your dog either. There are busy streets all around and no walking paths. The only option is to walk your dog around the building a few times and maybe on one pass you’ll find the tiny spot of grass for them to use but since it’s the only one, don’t expect it to be as clean as the toilet in your room.

If you smoke don’t plan on finding a place to smoke outside. Apparently there’s a law about smoking within 25 feet of any entrance which may explain why there’s no ashtray near the doors. There is instead a nice few (thousand) piles of cigarette butts on the ground surrounding the hotel on the parking lot and in the rock gardens and in the bushes.

The hotel backs onto the airport so it’s a bit noisy at times. Luckily the runway is over a hill and passed a few buildings so when the large planes take off, the noise is somewhat muffled. If you like the noise, open the window and turn off your in-room air conditioner or heater, depending on the time of year.

• Liked — I can't think of anything
  • Disliked — Too many to list here.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank loxalot
Vail/Santa Fe
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I am currently staying at the LQ Seattle Airport res and today is 1.31.08.

I've just spent the last 40 min in a stuck elevator...here is a recap of the experience:

Upon determining that the elevator was actually stuck I attempted to use the “call” button in the unit…simply to hear it ring through, be answered and hung up…

I finally got through to the front desk on my cell phone….where I was told to “push some more buttons….that usually works”. As I told them that I had already done that and that the buttons were just staying lit up…they simply indicated “I can’t take this again”…..from there I was disconnected.

At this point I called 911 where they patched me through to the front desk again and with the operator they indicated “they were working on it”…and again was hung up on.

After ~ 40 min I was able to pry the door open on my own…..in going down to the front desk and indicated that “I am the one that was stuck in the elevator” I was simply looked at and asked how I got out…..there was no concern, no empathy and no true sigh of any attempt to reach out…one of the ppl was on the phone and simply gave me the “hush finger” and the other person simply stared at me.

I finally just left my business card and went out to get a quick dinner. Upon my return the same person was behind the desk and visiting with someone else and again no attempt to even check in with me.

I am not claustrophobic and completely understand that things like this happen…..here are my concerns.

1. After numerous attempts to try and reach out from my end to express the situation there was absolutely no attempt to check in with me, physically bang on the door, keep in contact, inquires if I had any medical conditions, etc…..basically provide a bit of reassurance and understanding of the situation I was in.
2. It appears that this is not an uncommon occurrence. That in it’s self is concerning.
3. After getting myself out there was absolutely no attempt to reach out, apologize inquire as to my well being etc…

I have been a long LQ client and have noticed a dramatic drop of in service and quality…for instance the room I am in this time the desk chair is broken…but still in the room??

I also provided this information to LQ corporate in the hope that it can be used as a training tool and feedback of how “not” to handle a situation.

• Disliked — being stuck in the elevator
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business