“Nice hotel but..........” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Mesa, Arizona
“Nice hotel but..........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my two Boston Terriers. Therefore I was in a "pet room". I found the room to be very clean, very large and the bed was very comfortable.And the room was very quiet. The only bad thing with this whole review is that my room was in an area at the end of a long hallway and the only way to get to this room was up three or four stairs. There is an elevator but the reception desk said it only went to all other floors but not my floor. So I had to deal with carrying my dog's hex pen, my luggage and all the other stuff, such as dog food etc. As I was lugging everything down the hall a very nice maid offered to help me and she actually took the luggage cart into the elevator and stopped on the floor that went to the hotels laundry room. I gave her a generous tip for her help. The next morning I had the same situation to deal with. I went to get the luggage cart and the whole ordeal was in reverse. Once again I had to get help going through the laundry room and into the elevator. The doggie area is a very long walk from the room. But once you get there it is a nice grassy area. It would be very nice if they would fence that area so dogs could exercise after their very long rides.Lots of dogs do not like to go poo on a leash so this can be hard for owners and dogs. For these reasons if I were traveling with a pet or pets again I would not stay here. But otherwise it is a very nice hotel for just travelers without pets. Lastly checkout is at noon and because I was picking up a friend at SeaTac at 1:30 I asked the front desk if there might be a possiblity of moving my checkout to 1:00, and she was not agreeable to my request.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We arrived very late at night, our room registration was ready. Three minute checkin and in the room for a good night sleep. They allowed for my dog and have a great place to walk a tired little dog. They have a decent breakfast and excellent coffee. This is not a new hotel but it is kept clean and the rooms are very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel as it is near some very good eateries and several fast food joints.

Room Tip: There is a wonderful park just up and across the street if you want to stretch your legs, Angle Lake...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed here several times on short stays during layovers on business trips. In general, the La Quinta chain is consistently clean and overall much more comfortable than similar competitors. This Seattle property is a very short drive from the airport and I have received and have seen excellent service. When reading the other reviews, what may be evident to readers evaluating whether they should stay here or not is some variability in specific personnel of the hotel during their stay. Here's what I've seen: regarding the "first floor" having some stairs making heavy objects difficult to get to the rooms - that is true, but I've seen the staff come out from behind the front desk and call for additional help to assist customers with their heavy load. Regarding transportation to the Light Rail: the shuttle service will drop you off at the light rail station in addition to the airport terminal. Front desk staff, shuttle and staff overseeing the free breakfast have been excellent in customer service.

Room Tip: I don't know if this specific La Quinta has adjoining rooms, but other La Quinta's I've...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here 2 times in 2 weeks just after and before our flight from/to London. For the first reservation I opted for a ground level room when reserving at lq.com. Unfortunately ground floor rooms have some stairs to climb, where upper level rooms have an elevator access without any stairs. These first floor rooms also have no bath tub but only a shower. When checking out on our first stay I informed at the front desk if it would be possible on our second stay to have an extended check-out at 2.00 pm because our flight left at 6.45 pm. No problem at all to check-out at 2.00 pm. Great! Thank you La Quinta....
However when checking in 2 weeks later I mentioned the promise for a 2.00 pm check-out, but the front desk lady said this was impossible. No Way... We started to argue a bit, she became quite rude and stated that 1.00 pm was the utmost she could do. Ok, we lost, promise broken. I settled for the 1.00 pm check-out. However when calling the HolidayInn Express down the street they immediately agreed for a 2.00 pm check-out. But this was after we checked-in at the LQ.
If we had known this, we never would have returned to this LQ. So if you care about a extended check-out (not very uncommon for an airport hotel) you have better choices.
Another bad experience came up at night. "Big" kids were starting to have a party in some rooms and corridor just in our area. Door slamming every 20 seconds, yelling, shouting and smoking in the hallway. I just kept believing that this mess would stop, somebody would take care of it. But a around 2.00 am I had enough and called the front desk to take action. And they did, after 2 min everything quiet and it stayed that way. After breakfast I walked up the front desk to talk about the nightly disturbance. The friendly lady appologized and made a compensation adjustment. At last some positive experience. For the rest the room was clean, standard LQ. Breakfast OK. So we left at 12.50 pm with mixed feelings about this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want stairs or shower only, don't choose first floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank thelasman
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've stayed here several times in the past when leaving on early morning flights the next day from Sea-Tac. It's right near the airport and has a free shuttle. The staff, including the shuttle driver, are always friendly, but the hotel seems a bit behind in maintenance. On my last two trips, the rooms have always had some problem, whether with the toilet, or large wear spots on the carpet, etc. Other than showing signs of wear, the rooms are certainly clean, though the furnishings are quite basic.

If all you need is a bed and a shuttle ride to the airport, this is definitely a decent place to stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business