La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Harrington, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had guests in to stay from out of the country. Took them to Seattle to see the sites. Everything downtown was full so stayed at the SeaTac La Quinta. Made reservations on Expedia for two rooms: one for our family and other for our guests. We stayed one night, our guests 4 nights. We checked in on a Saturday evening, and we left Sunday.

Spent the entire day on Sunday in Seattle. Our guests returned to the hotel late that night only to discover that they had about $500 stolen from their room. They went to the front desk. The first lady helping said she would leave a note for the manager, nothing she could do. There was a change of shift and the next person working was even less helpful as our guest tried to find out what they should do. He raised his voice to them and made them feel that he was telling them to shut up and go to their rooms w/out actually saying those words. He also told them that they had only paid for one night--COMPLETELY FALSE. I immediately called him and told him he was incorrect. I had a confirmation number that I could give him to solve that situation. He quite rudely told me there was nothing he could do; the manager would have to handle it in the morning. I then had Expedia call the hotel because our reservations were made through Expedia--thank goodness. The front-desk guy then said he would accommodate them for the night. Unfortunately, the added stress of this room reservation issue (which could have been quickly and easily solved) just made the evening all the more horrible for our friends.

I advised our friends to call the police and place a report. Of course, the hotel did not suggest that. "Conveniently", the phone to their room did not work, so the police could not return their call. Our friends only had cell numbers from their own country and hadn't given those to the 911 dispatcher. We know the room phone didn't work because we tried to call them multiple times and the front desk could not successfully transfer us to their room that night--just got put on hold with the recorded La Quinta advertisement, and they heard no ringing on the phone in their room.

The next day I called the day manager. She was more helpful and said an investigation would be done. A day later she informed us that a guest key card accessed their room at a certain time. When we talked to our friends, they had proof that they were not there when the room was accessed because they had purchased tickets on a tour cruise at that time. The next day when talking to a different manager, he said the key card times they gave us initially were wrong, but he couldn't access the correct records, so we couldn't verify times with our friends.

Sounds very suspicious. They did not even offer a complimentary room or any advice. Just said they filed a report with their corporate office and that a copy for us to view is not available.

We will not stay again, but if you do, make sure and lock everything up.

Also poor knowledge of the area. Asked about where the light rail terminal was. The desk person did not know the cross street let me know it was 4 blocks (turned out to be 1.6 miles) and seemed bothered that I asked for a specific street to know if it was walkable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Wishwewerethere_11
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We did a family trip to Portland, but spent the weekend up in Seattle for my husband and best friend doing the Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon. About a month before, my best friend said oh by the way you need to stay over up in Seattle area at least Fri night. So there were not many options but we knew La Quinta's so we picked this one. We drove up Friday and arrived... checked in and immediately went to Frank's diner across the street - AWESOME!!!! Saturday morning I drove the hubby downtown for his marathon, then we would take public later. Hubby called and said we need to ask if we can keep the room Saturday night as well.... I did that and the front desk was great. Later I noticed the price was slightly higher but I figured we had no choice. So also from the front desk, we were told we could take the shuttle bus to the public train station, and that was perfect! We did the light rail, then monorail right to the Space Needle area. Everything was great. Returned later Saturday to Frank's Diner again. I love Diners! can you tell? :) So we checked out Sunday morning. Oh yes we did breakfast at the hotel both Sat and Sun - everything is great! So a couple weeks later, I did a survey via email and mentioned about the price slightly higher. I did not expect anything, but the manager emailed me saying she would issue a $19 credit. I was shocked! LOVE that! I know I will stay at La Quinta's when possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alohamu
calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while we toured the Seattle area and caught a ballgame. We found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. The room was well cleaned and stocked every day of our 3 day stay. Their breakast was fine and they kept it well stocked during the morning while their were many at the line. The shuttle to the monorail was a little slow but they have a lot of people to please and its not like You have your own limo. We were very happy to use this as our central point while we toured around; also we are car people so the parking was safe and secure for our collector car which can be a concern while travelling. Will definitely stay again and tell our friends if it fits their plans they too should stay.

Room Tip: Fancier service = Higher price . Nuthin fancy but very real for realistic people .
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

3 Thank wellcat
Bennington, Oklahoma, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

A nice hotel, reasonably priced and a short drive into the city. We stayed in this hotel to avoid the exhorbitant prices of hotels in the city. Clean and comfortable with a reasonable breakfast. Would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Clemente, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

If your a frequent travler like I am, this is one to avoid. This sure isn't the LaQuinta on the TV commercial. Toilet would not stop flushing all night. Front desk didn't have anyone to fix it or another room. Needless to say I had two more bags to carry out the next day under my eyes. TV stoped working in the middle of the night to cover the sound of the toilet flushing. This place is just dirty in one of the least attractive places in Seattle. If you like Denny's, Jack in the Crack or The Greasy Spoon across the street for your dinner choices then your in luck. They are all in the same parking lot. This is the kind of experience that makes me want to find another job.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business