“Average Airport Motel”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Eagan, Minnesota
“Average Airport Motel”
Reviewed October 16, 2005

Needed a hotel close to the airport for a one night business trip to SEA. Selected the hotel based on past reviews and price. The shuttle was quick to pick-me up and drop me at the Fairfield. Hotel is close to the airport and other airport hotels. My room (#110) was just off the lobby on the first floor. Little did I realize that the room is located next to the elevator mechanical room. Every time the elevator was used, I heard the hum of the mechanism. Second, being off the lobby, the sounds of the roller bags going across the tile as well as voices interupted my sleep. Lastly, the take-off and landings outside the window made this a noisy place to sleep. I later turned on the fan to "high" to muffle the noise. In the morning I looked out the window to see razor wire 5 feet from my room to stop people from entering the business next door. Breakfast was average and people were having a difficult time getting the waffle irons to work. Room itself is bland with o.k. beds. If you do stay at this property I would ask for a room away from the elevator and on a higher floor. I will definitely try another hotel to avoid being sleepless in Seattle.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank EaganTraveler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 3, 2005

Comfortable, clean, quiet rooms, free use of computer, free breakfast and coffee bar. Great shuttle service to airport on the half hour. All for a very reasonable price below 85$ a night.

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank ANKER50
Juneau, Alaska
Reviewed September 21, 2005

This hotel is not as close to the airport as others I have stayed in, but it wasn't that far away to make it too far out. Shuttle service was quick, the staff polite and helpful, the room was clean and the bed comfortable. Best of all, they started serving breakfast at 5am rather than the usual 6. This meant we got to eat before our early morning flight (very much appreciated since the airlines have stopped serving much food). All in all, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2005
4 Thank Akoperagirl
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 2, 2005

Don't get me wrong, there was absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel.

It was clean, comfortable, and the rooms were on the large side, if anything, but as I've found with most hotels in the Marriott chain, it was normal to the point of boring.

I know, it's a hotel at the airport for people looking to catch a little shuteye between flights, which was pretty much the case with me.

However, I'm used to staying in business class hotels, and this was more a family style hotel, and reasonably unexciting. What can I say, though, the value matched the price, because it was 3 star accommodation for 3 star price.

I had 24 hours in Seattle, and so my plan was to go into town on the bus. This was reasonably easy, as the bus stop was located within one or two blocks of the hotel. It took more than one hour to get into town from there, however, but at least it was easy to get to the airport in the morning.

Coming back from town, also on the bus, there was a pizza shop and a convenience store also located only a block or two from the hotel, and since I was travelling alone, it was convenient to pick up some pizza and drinks to eat in the hotel for dinner.

The shuttle to and from the hotel was easy to pick up and the driver very pleasant, and they stuck to their schedule, thus leaving when they said they would in the morning, which was good.

I had heard several reports that the included continental breakfast was one of the most outstanding many people had ever had, so I was intrigued. However, people who were saying this must not stay at very good hotels... the breakfast consisted of a few danishes and donuts and some cereal choices, along with filter coffee. Again, nothing wrong with it, but normal to the point of boring... I didn't even bother, and picked up some espresso at the airport on the way out of town instead.

If you are just looking for a place to lay your head, or want good value for a very normal, boring accommodation, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel. However, I personally would try to choose something a bit more interesting next time, like the Radisson down the road.

• Stayed June 2005
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed August 5, 2005

If you're reading this review, you're probably looking for an inexpensive hotel where you can catch a quick rest if you've got a flight that's leaving from or arriving at SeaTac at a ridiculous hour. You probably don't expect a lot of amenities. If so, the Fairfield may be the perfect place for you.

Despite the heavily stained hall carpeting and the fact that excessive hallway noise (thin walls, poor insulation) caused us to jump a few times, our room was clean and the facilities perfectly adequate. We were not bothered by airport noise at all. My kids always head for the swimming pool as soon as we check in, and the hotel's indoor pool was clean and empty, albeit with a rough bottom that scraped their feet. Because there's not a whole lot to do in the neighborhood and we had a 6 a.m. flight, we spent most of our time swimming and watching movies.

The breakfast, which we glimpsed on our way out the door, appeared ample; the kids grabbed bagels and we hopped the shuttle for the 5-minute ride to the airport. All in all, not a bad experience, but next time I'll try to book the redeye instead.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank EmanneercsAllowed
Austin TX
Reviewed July 28, 2005

The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was ample with Belgian waffles to be make. The breakfast room was small so the tables were very close together. Also, there was a lack of parking space

2 Thank agentaustin
Trenton, NJ
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed here for 4 nights spread over a week and a half. We were very pleased with our stays.

The rooms were not large and not small. the biggest problem was the fact that the "closet" was right by the door and anything hanging there got caught in the door as it closed- including the ironing board if you didn't position it just right.

The Airport shuttle is very convenient- you just call and they come get you. It usually doesn't take very long. the hotel is not that far from the airport- but far enough that you won't be bothered much by the sounds of the planes. The shuttle can also be used to go to restaurants within a mile of the hotel. You again just call when you are done eating and they come get you.

The only drawback to the Airport shuttle is in the morning- they run every half hour. They have a second shuttle if need be- they actually share the Shuttle with the Holiday Inn Express right next door.

The Continental Breakfast was very good as these things go- nothing spectacular but not the little donuts on the plate type either.

The rooms were comfortable and clean. the service was very good. They have a computer in the lobby that anybody can use- it comes in handy to print out your boarding passes.

It's not the Ritz but it's a nice place to spend the night- or nights. It's not right in Seatlle but it's only a short 20 minute drive to downtown as long as it's not rush hour. The price is right.

• Stayed June 2005