“Met our needs just right”

Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #15 of 35 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Okay, this isn't a fancy-schmancy hotel. We didn't need it to be. It was clean, service was exemplary, there's a free airport shuttle, free breakfast, it's clean, and a pool for the kids. We stayed here en route to departing Seattle as we had a 0630 flight. We returned the rental car, went to the airport, and called the shuttle. Shuttle drivers both to and from the hotel were courteous and informative. The shuttle will even take you to a neighborhood restaruant!
Front desk staff were very polite and professional. We ordered out and rather than shuttle to the restaurant we had the food delivered to our room. Easy! After two of us showered that evening we realized there was a serious clog in the bathtub as it wasn't draining. At 2200 the front desk politely, promptly, and without attitude changed us to a new room (conveniently next door). They were extremely apologetic and even gave us a couple bottles of water and a pack of microwave popcorn for the inconvenience. No complaints at all for this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Well, Marriott, it doesn't mean much to have a non-smoking policy if the room you give me ends up smelling like smoke covered by air freshener. I expressly asked for a non-smoking room when making my reservation given my concerns from reading some of the reviews. Better yet, when I, as an elite member, request to switch rooms, the two young ladies at the front desk, without flinching, tell me that the hotel is sold out and the best that they could do is provide me some more air freshener. Its as if they had heard other people request room changes before and were told that was the appropriate response. Lucky for me, the room actually had a window, so I was able to air the room out a bit. Had I not been too tired, I would have walked across the parking lot to the Holiday Inn Express.

1 star for a good shuttle that was helpful in picking up from the airport and dropping us off the next day at the light rail.

1 star for good beds, sheets and okay breakfast.

-2 star for smokey room and bad customer service (actually the morning staff was very good).

-1 star for location not really near any food choices.

There are many other options in the SeaTac Area to try and I would suggest you do so.

Room Tip: Haven't a clue. I asked for a non-smoking room and didn't get it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Fairfield Inn chain, just like Holiday Inn Express and other quick, overnight stay hotels at the airport, does the job as needed. But since I'm grading on the curve, I can't give it any higher than an 'adequate' rating - saving 5 stars for the best of deluxe accommodations. This particular hotel is located at SeaTac, so convenience was everything. The included breakfast was very good - more than the usual rolls and coffee available at other free breakfast offerings. Overall, it was fine for what it is.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank SusanMFlorida
Reviewed June 28, 2014

It was clean, comfortable, the breakfast was a bit average. We did have to wait a long time for the transfer bus to pick us up from Seatac airport. I think it was 1/2 hour or so, maybe longer. Other hotel buses had been through a number of times before we boarded ours. The hotel could do with modernising but it was still good for the price we paid.

There is no restaurant in the hotel so when we arrived we we given a list of nearby restaurants. The hotel bus will take you there but after our experience waiting to be picked up we decided not to risk it and walked to a nearby restaurant, which was the best Mexican restaurant (Las Palmas) we have been to for a long time.

The view from the window was of the Hertz rental car lot and due station.

Check out was very easy and quick.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were part of a large group reservation for a taekwondo tournament being held in the area. When I called to make a reservation they said they did not have a room large enough to accommodate our family of five. They instead said they could put us in a room with two queens and an adjoining room with a king. HOWEVER, they could not guarantee we would get the adjoining rooms if we were late arriving. ISN'T THAT THE POINT OF GIVING THEM A CREDIT CARD AND MAKING A RESERVATION?.?.

When we arrived we were told they did not have two rooms adjoining like we had requested. Our rooms were about six or seven rooms apart. Part of the fun of traveling, especially to something like this, is to be together. We could not be due to the room issue. One of the rooms had a door leading to the next room so if they would have allowed us to actually reserve the rooms like we requested, we would have been together.

Staff was friendly and polite. I would go somewhere else however so you can make sure you get the room you actually need and requested.

Rooms and kinda old and run down looking.

Room Tip: Stay on East side of building if you can to be away from the runways.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I spent a couple of nights at this Fairfield located 5 minutes drive from Sea Tac Airport.
I had booked it on Expedia for a convenient price and I was very pleased with how the place look like. Free parking just outside the hotel. Room was quite big and comfortable with a nice tv set. Nothing too fancy but everything was nice and clean. Hotel staff has been very nice and helpfull, they gave me some tips about restaurants and places to go visit, very kind of them.
Breakfast in the morning is complementary. Good selection of cereals, scrambled eggs and hamburgers, fresh fruit salad.
I really thing that the place is very good and it comes with a good pricing too!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Nicola A
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Just an old dark hallway Fairfield. While they carry the Marriott brand they are more like a Best Western on the medium scale. Just not a real comfortable hotel compared to others. Small rooms and dark hallways at this one.

Room Tip: not sure they have a good room.. close to the airport was why i stayed here.. People are friendly...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business