“Fails in customer service”

Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I booked a stay by phone directly with the hotel a month in advance. "Someone" got the the month wrong. (not me) Human error???
When I was confirming my stay 5 days before travel, I was shocked and advised I was a no show and my credit card was charged! I asked to book the correct month this time and please apply funds towards the correct date even at the higher amount, with the new manager Vicky. She said she cant do that and blew me off basically, quoting me the higher rate for the correct dates in addition to what they have already charged my card. Even the airlines allow you to apply previous funds to a new and usually higher rate. Pretty much calling me a liar in my opinion and she wasnt really listening to me or the fact both months of feb/mar have the same days of the week so I could see how the hotel reservationist could have made the mistake. All my other hotels for this trip got it right.
What ever happened to the customer is always right? I found her holding my funds captive without consideration for compromise to be a huge dis-service and not up to standard with the Fairfield Inn chain. She obviously doesnt know the difference between customer service and complaint resolution and they have lost a customer as a result not just at her hotel but the entire chain.
I cant really comment on other features of the hotel since I ended up going elsewhere and boy am I glad I did. Check out the Cedarbrook lodge, they are awesome and have snacks 24/7, shuttle service, gourmet breakfast, oh.... and a great manager and staff!

Room Tip: Do your own booking online rather then calling the hotel and having them book you in the wrong date...
Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank nancydru2014

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I recently needed to stay the night at a hotel near Seattle airport because I had to make an early morning departure time and I wanted to stay somewhere where I could make it to the airport quickly and also return my car quickly. The airport was literally just 2-3 minutes away and the car return was 5 minutes away and easy to access. The hotel's interior is a little older and could use updating/remodeling, but otherwise it was a great experience. The hotel shares a parking lot with the Holiday Inn. I didn't have to eat in the area so I only noted a few restaurants within walking distance. There was a gas station within a block where you can refuel your rental car. I was surprised by how quiet the room was given how close it is to the airport and major streets. Internet service was available but the signal wasn't terribly strong. Streaming wasn't great. The hotel is probably best described as partly run down.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk for their directions to the rental car return if you're returning a car. They...
2  Thank taw26
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and well maintained.
Swimming pool actually warmed, never seen a hotel doing this.
Didn't like the people smoking at the front entrance, main entrance.
Overall good experience, worth the try.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JDLforce
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are ok. Not up to Marriott standards but ok for a hotel at the airport. The staff was very helpful and the shuttle service was good. They pick up at the airport when you call and will take you to near by dining spots. They had very good suggestions. The Mango Thai was great.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bjorn5555
Reviewed March 19, 2014

If you have a early flight out of SEA and are a Marriott FF, this is a cheap place to stay. Breakfast is served at 5am which is VERY early. Hotel is basic, needs updating, could be noisy due to take-off patterns. Not a lot of restaurants nearby......

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Cordon J
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I will start out by saying that I have been staying at this hotel for years when I come to Seattle for work. I have always liked the employees at the hotel, very nice and professional. Absolutely no complaints with them at all. The problem I have is twofold; one, the secondary entrance door on the north end has been missing an automatic door closer for at least two years and I think longer. When people come in and out of the door there is a loud slamming sound and it happens constantly. I talked to the front desk a couple years ago about it and then again several months later, and then again several months later and I check in now and guess what, still nothing to stop the door from slamming shut and making loud noises in the room. Enough to wake you up. I'm in Room 135 as I type this and I'm ready to lose my mind. I have no idea why someone that either owns this hotel or manages the hotel won't fix it. It's literally a 10 minute fix and I am certain I'm not the first one to bring it to their attention. Second, the internet is terrible. It has been for years. I have read other people on here talking about the same thing. I just spend 4 hours typing a report over and over because I keep getting signed off. This happens on every visit but it's seemingly much worse on this visit. It will always sign you off at the worse possible time. This has been an ongoing problem for a long time. There is absolutely no excuse for a hotel to not have an internet system in 2014 that works and is reasonably fast. The only excuse is if the management or owner are too cheap and don't care. I'm not sure which one it is but it's one of them. Absolutely unacceptable and I know they have been aware of this issue for a long time and still nothing is done. When you call the front desk they will put you in contact with the "help desk" who checks all the things that are wrong with your computer but they will never address that the issue has been years in the making. When the internet is working it's exceptionally slow. I have a brand new Lenovo laptop so it's not my computer and it's fast everywhere else. I hate saying this because I really like the employees here but I have reached a point where if a hotel can't fix a door that slams shut for over two years and wakes people up and won't do anything about having a decent internet provider then I'm not staying here anymore. I am a Platinum Premier Elite with Marriott with lifetime Platinum Premier status and I never thought I would say I'm not staying at a Marriott property but that's just what's going to happen after my stay here. As a matter of fact I was suppose to stay through to Friday but I'm checking out in the morning just so I can get a relaxing sleep and be able to do work reports on an internet service that doesn't keep shutting off or is as slow as dial-up. I will come back when someone acts like they care and puts some money so customers can have a more enjoyable experience.

2  Thank Ken K
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at this location numerous time over the years and my most recent visit this week left me disappointed. My room had a piece of marble cracked that was lose leading into the bathroom along with cracks in the wall. I could hear the people above me get up each morning and it would wake me up. The room was very small and the furnishings were of low quality.