“Near SEA”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Tyrone, Georgia
“Near SEA”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

If you have a early flight out of SEA and are a Marriott FF, this is a cheap place to stay. Breakfast is served at 5am which is VERY early. Hotel is basic, needs updating, could be noisy due to take-off patterns. Not a lot of restaurants nearby......

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Cordon J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Irvine, California
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I will start out by saying that I have been staying at this hotel for years when I come to Seattle for work. I have always liked the employees at the hotel, very nice and professional. Absolutely no complaints with them at all. The problem I have is twofold; one, the secondary entrance door on the north end has been missing an automatic door closer for at least two years and I think longer. When people come in and out of the door there is a loud slamming sound and it happens constantly. I talked to the front desk a couple years ago about it and then again several months later, and then again several months later and I check in now and guess what, still nothing to stop the door from slamming shut and making loud noises in the room. Enough to wake you up. I'm in Room 135 as I type this and I'm ready to lose my mind. I have no idea why someone that either owns this hotel or manages the hotel won't fix it. It's literally a 10 minute fix and I am certain I'm not the first one to bring it to their attention. Second, the internet is terrible. It has been for years. I have read other people on here talking about the same thing. I just spend 4 hours typing a report over and over because I keep getting signed off. This happens on every visit but it's seemingly much worse on this visit. It will always sign you off at the worse possible time. This has been an ongoing problem for a long time. There is absolutely no excuse for a hotel to not have an internet system in 2014 that works and is reasonably fast. The only excuse is if the management or owner are too cheap and don't care. I'm not sure which one it is but it's one of them. Absolutely unacceptable and I know they have been aware of this issue for a long time and still nothing is done. When you call the front desk they will put you in contact with the "help desk" who checks all the things that are wrong with your computer but they will never address that the issue has been years in the making. When the internet is working it's exceptionally slow. I have a brand new Lenovo laptop so it's not my computer and it's fast everywhere else. I hate saying this because I really like the employees here but I have reached a point where if a hotel can't fix a door that slams shut for over two years and wakes people up and won't do anything about having a decent internet provider then I'm not staying here anymore. I am a Platinum Premier Elite with Marriott with lifetime Platinum Premier status and I never thought I would say I'm not staying at a Marriott property but that's just what's going to happen after my stay here. As a matter of fact I was suppose to stay through to Friday but I'm checking out in the morning just so I can get a relaxing sleep and be able to do work reports on an internet service that doesn't keep shutting off or is as slow as dial-up. I will come back when someone acts like they care and puts some money so customers can have a more enjoyable experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Ken K
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed at this location numerous time over the years and my most recent visit this week left me disappointed. My room had a piece of marble cracked that was lose leading into the bathroom along with cracks in the wall. I could hear the people above me get up each morning and it would wake me up. The room was very small and the furnishings were of low quality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Fairfield Inn located in Seatac Area of Washington State is a good resting spot after a long travel. It is simple and in a quite location. It is located in an area where you can easily access the freeways, especially the I-5 freeway that leads to downtown Seattle. Overall, a very good hotel with friendly staff. Breakfast is good, especially the fresh fruits.

Room Tip: Rooms where I stayed was quite and noise subdued.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Juneau
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is what it is...a Fairfield Inn. I was not impressed but not disappointed--you get what you pay for and I got a very reasonable rate.

Pros: The shuttle service to and from the airport. Front desk staff.
The rooms are ok and the bed was comfortable but my door was hard to open due to where they placed the ironing board. Everytime I opened the door I risked knocking the ironing board off the wall.

Cons: My room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke so I did not appreciate that at all. They tried to cover it up with some room freshener so it was a nauseating smeel of cigarettes and flowers-yuck! The waffle maker did not work at breakfast and the eggs and sausage(?) were overcooked. I just skipped breakfast altogether. The rooms have very little soundproofing-strange for an airport hotel. I could hear the tv and a baby cry in the next room as well as every plane taking off from Sea-Tac.

I will choose to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This was a great stay, the staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. Exactly what I expect from a Marriott property. The 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport was a very nice amenity as it saved me an extra day on a rental car. I would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Miron V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience you had with The Fairfield Inn By Marriott SeaTac with others here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you mention that our hotel is clean and an excellent stay, is exactly what we love to hear from our guests! We love to read that you enjoyed what we had to offer and hope that all of our guests experience this as well.

We hope to see you back with us again soon!
Seattle
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed one night in November. The lobby and accommodations were bright and clean. Lovely fireplace in the lobby. Generous breakfast in the morning. Our room was larger than average, with refrigerator and microwave. It is far enough from the airport to have minimal aircraft takeoff and landing noise if your room is on the south side (away from the airport).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business