“Meh...”

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Juneau
“Meh...”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It is what it is...a Fairfield Inn. I was not impressed but not disappointed--you get what you pay for and I got a very reasonable rate.

Pros: The shuttle service to and from the airport. Front desk staff.
The rooms are ok and the bed was comfortable but my door was hard to open due to where they placed the ironing board. Everytime I opened the door I risked knocking the ironing board off the wall.

Cons: My room smelled faintly of cigarette smoke so I did not appreciate that at all. They tried to cover it up with some room freshener so it was a nauseating smeel of cigarettes and flowers-yuck! The waffle maker did not work at breakfast and the eggs and sausage(?) were overcooked. I just skipped breakfast altogether. The rooms have very little soundproofing-strange for an airport hotel. I could hear the tv and a baby cry in the next room as well as every plane taking off from Sea-Tac.

I will choose to stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

This was a great stay, the staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. Exactly what I expect from a Marriott property. The 24 hour shuttle to and from the airport was a very nice amenity as it saved me an extra day on a rental car. I would highly recommend.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Miron V, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience you had with The Fairfield Inn By Marriott SeaTac with others here on Trip Advisor. The fact that you mention that our hotel is clean and an excellent stay, is exactly what we love to hear from our guests! We love to read that you enjoyed what we had to offer and hope that all of our guests experience this as well.

We hope to see you back with us again soon!
Seattle
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed one night in November. The lobby and accommodations were bright and clean. Lovely fireplace in the lobby. Generous breakfast in the morning. Our room was larger than average, with refrigerator and microwave. It is far enough from the airport to have minimal aircraft takeoff and landing noise if your room is on the south side (away from the airport).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Due to fog, we stayed one night because we were not able connect with a flight to our final destination. We were very relieved to find a decent room in which to sleep. The bathroom was basic. The bedding was suitable and the mattress comfortable; consequently, we slept well. The breakfast bar was the usual fair, but edible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We were here for just a quick overnight stay traveling to Alaska. We often stay at Fairfield Inns but this one was below standard. The furnishing were old. Bedding smelled musty. Towels were old and thin.
The waffle iron was broken at the breakfast bar. You had to get decaf coffee in the lobby - they didn't have it in the breakfast room.
This was ok for a one night stay but not worth the money.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these SeaTac hotels

Long Beach, California
Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a below average Fairfield inn. I waited at the reception too long in the early morning. The wake up call was 10 minutes later than I asked causing me to miss the shuttle. The night before, they offered to provide me a breakfast bag since I was going to leave 4:30am; that didn't happen. The room was not very nice at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank James C
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 7, 2013

This property is a gold mine for the owners, I'm sure, which also owns the Holiday Inn Express next door. Problems: Poor maintenance. Doorways in hallways are banged up and in need of repair. Little parking available. Low ceilings. Rooms are very small, maybe 250 sq feet max. But what about cubic feet? Low ceilings make rooms feel even smaller. Seems to be sold out every night of the week (except weekends) so owner obviously has little incentive to upgrade. I'm Marriott silver and stay at many Marriott properties around the country. This is one of the worst I've ever stayed at. I presume most people stay here to catch a morning flight (to avoid Seattle traffic). If that's the case, you can find a lot better for less than $120 per night (normal Fairfield rate here). You can usually snatch the Hilton or Doubletree up the street on Priceline for $100 per night (when bidding, try 3.5 stars only for Hilton or Doubletree). A few good points: Quiet IF you get the rooms on the south side. There is a business on the south side with no activity (car noise) so if you are sensitive to noise, request the south side. Rooms were fairly clean also. And parking (what little there is) is free.

Room Tip: Request south side to avoid noise.