Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
$161
$147
Doubletree.com
$67
All reviewsroom was cleanwafflesshuttle servicefree breakfastrental carfront desk staffnearby restaurantswould stay here againfree shuttlebusiness triphot tublight railstaff was very friendly and helpfulnext morningconvenient locationsea tacshort stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2008

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Fairfield Seattle Seatac. I found the hotel and rooms to be very clean and in great condition. The sink is outside the bathroom but this was not a problem for us as one could shower while the other finished getting ready at the sink/mirrors. The bathroom is a little tight but for a hotel it is fine. We always had hot water and the pressure on the shower was fine. The bed was comfortable and they use all white linens/duvet with just a removable runner that is a pattern at the bottom of the bed (this was the main reason I picked the Fairfield, no nasty dark comforters that are hardly ever washed).

You can hear the jets taking off but it stops around midnight. The noise did not bother me as I grew up hearing planes take off from Philly Inter'l. The hotel itself was very quiet at night. In the morning you could hear the neighbors water go on but not obnoxiously loud, but that is par for the course at most hotels.

The room looks exactly like the picture on the website. I requested a top floor king room based on prior reviews. We had a beautiful view of Mt. Rainer (we stayed in room 432). The breakfast was good and they kept it stocked and fresh. They had waffles, hard boiled eggs, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, toast, bagels, muffins, yogurt, cereal and oatmeal. There is also a 24 coffee/tea/hot chocolate/hot cider available in the lobby.

The front desk staff was very friendly and sad hello to you each time you passed through the lobby. Upon check in they asked if we needed an internet wire, which we did. They have wired internet in the rooms and also a computer in the lobby available for use and printing needs. The only problem there was people not obeying the 10 minute limit. We wanted to print directions and a man was there for 20 minutes typing an email. We finally gave up and left. They do have a sign posted to restrict time to 10 minutes but obviously some people can not be considerate of others.

Also, as a side note to the reviewer who talked about barbed wire outside the first floor rooms. When I was looking out the window at Mt Rainer I glanced down and noticed a fence separating the Fairfield from what looked like a car facility (possibly rental cars) next door. The barbed wire was on the top of the fence. My guess is the barbed wire is there to stop people from scaling the fence to try to steal cars from the place next door. It has nothing to do with the safety of the Fairfield.

We felt very safe and comfortable at the Fairfield and would definitely stay there in the future.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank Ariel28
Reviewed October 16, 2007

Busy airport hotel with nice view of Rainier, if your room faces south and is 2d or 3d floor like mine. Standard Fairfield otherwise. Room & beds clean & comfy. Parking a bit tight late nights. Stayed 1 night Oct 2007.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank WSmile5
Reviewed September 15, 2007

We stayed here during our trip to Seattle. After reading some fo the reviews on this website, we requested a top floor room to avoid the noise from a room above. The room was clean. Just your average hotel room but for about 1/2 the cost of a room in Downtown Seattle it was well worth it for us. The continental breakfast was great. My only complaint was that it only went to 9 a.m during the week which caused those of us who were traveling for pleasure to wake up earlier then normal to make sure that we were able to get breakfast.

The room was supplied with a mini fridge and a microwave. The hotel is very close to the airport so you will hear the planes taking off and landing but with the windows closed and the air conditioner on you can barely hear them. However, being close to the airport is a big plus when you have an early morning flight as it takes less then 10 minutes to get to the airport.

Overall, it is your average hotel. If you are looking for a high class room with a view, this is definitely not the hotel for you. However, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative with a place to rest your head, this is difinitely the place for you but I would recommend getting a top floor room, if possible.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank disneyfan75
Reviewed August 24, 2007

Rooms are clean and one can faintly hear the planes with the fan/air on. Convenient shuttle takes you to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank lhs1
Reviewed July 25, 2007

There is NO service in this hotel. I paid $129 per night and I had to bring my laundry downstairs and when it came back dry cleaned they did not bring it to my room. I had to go to the counter to bring it up. When I asked why they did not bring it upstairs to my room, they made no effort to bring it upstairs but they were giving me silly excuses. When the employee went to the back to get my dry cleaned laundry, she was telling another employee how it was a hassle to handle the dry cleaning part of the job.

Also, there is no wireless in the room. For a Marriot, it's a very very poor grade hotel and would NOT recommend. In a hotel like this I would NOT pay a cent more then $75 per night. That's what it's proper grade is.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business