“Nice staff, great location to the airport”

Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #15 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Ohio
“Nice staff, great location to the airport”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on a business trip. The front desk gentelman was very helpful printing my boarding pass when the printer would not work on the Kiosk PC. Also, very good recommendations from him on dinner at Salty's.

Room was OK. Suprisingly quiet given the close location to the airport. I was worried seeing how close to the airport but was greatly pleased to hear almost no noise from the flights. Breakfast was adequate. Room was as expected with no major flaws. My only suggestion would be recognition for Marriott Gold members. Plats get a bottle of water but Gold and lower nothing.

Easy access to the aiport, nice rates. Can't miss on this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lisacor
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and did not experience any noise disturbances in your room. I am also pleased that our front desk staff assisted you with your needs and was able to provide recommendations for dining options in the area. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have a peaceful and enjoyable stay, even if they are only with us for one night. Thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Connecticut
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Contrary to the previous reviews, I loved my stay here! I stayed on my inbound trip and the night before I flew out, so I was close to the airport. The Front Desk staff was extremely friendly, and provided me with a water bottle upon check-in (Marriott Platinum). The breakfast opened early (5AM) which was helpful for catching an early flight. The room was clean, had everything I needed and the wireless worked well.

A great stay - No complaints from my end! (However, I didn't use the hotel airport shuttle that others seem to have complained about)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ConnecticutLori
Thank you very much for your review! I will be certain to share your comments with my staff, and I am glad to see that the room, breakfast, and wireless service all met your needs. I hope you continue to stay with us when you are in the Seattle area. Thank you once again.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Needed an airport hotel to break up a long trip to Asia. Previously stayed at the Seattle Airport Marriott but their rate was too high for the night needed so booked the Fairfield Inn. Arrived in the late afternoon and called for the shuttle which came fairly soon. The shuttle also stops at the Holiday Inn Express next door. The young lady at the desk was very friendly and efficient. We inquired about dinner possibilites and were handed a list of restaurants in the vicinity that were accessible by the hotel shuttle. Grabbed a fresh baked cookie and room keys and headed off to the third floor. The room had 2 double beds and plenty of towels, coffee maker etc. It was fine for our purposes.

We took the shuttle to Dave's Diner and Brews and had a nice light meal. Called when we were ready to return and the shuttle picked us up without delay. There was a fire place in the lobby and a computer for guest use. Complimentary coffee and tea service was available.

We had breakfast in the morning and our experience was positive. They had juice, various breads and muffins, cereal, fruit and yogurt and microwavable Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. The clientele was a cross section of business professionals and casual travelers. The staff was motivated and kept the room clean and buffet replished as needed. It is the basic Fairfield Inn concept with a little more flair.

We experienced no delays with the shuttle and they appeared to operate on a set schedule. The price was right, the hotel was clean and the room comfortable. Nice staff -- if your needs are not great it will certainly be adequate for an airport layover.

Room Tip: Think they are all pretty standard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 105countries
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We do feel that we add more personal flair to our service and hospitality than our competitors, so I am glad to hear this made an impact upon you! Our shuttle service does make regular runs to the airport every half-hour between 3:00am and 12:00pm and is available upon demand outside of those times. It is recommended that all guests call the hotel directly for pickup once they have made their way to the courtesy transportation area of Sea-Tac Airport. We also provide transportation to any location within a one-mile radius, which does include several restaurants in the area, and I am happy to see you were able to make use of that service during your stay. Thank you very much for your review and we hope you return!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Like a previous reviewer we were also assigned a room behind the elevator but our room was surprisingly quiet and we had no noise issues at all, not from the elevator or from air traffic. We were really surprised when we exited the hotel the next morning and the planes went roaring overhead. There was a quick and efficient shuttle from the airport (shared with the Holiday Inn Express next door). Free cookies and coffee in the lobby, plus free wifi - no password needed. They had an OK breakfast (microwavable egg mcmuffin things). Best of all, it's directly next door to a Hertz office which is much cheaper than the airport for car rentals.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank covecutie
I am pleased to hear that your room was comfortable and quiet, and that our shuttle service met your needs and expectations. I do hope you return during the latter part of the year when our breakfast will include some additional hot items and variety; I think you will very much enjoy the changes that are planned! I would also recommend that guests interested in the Hertz location next door to us contact them directly prior to arrival, as they do have certain stipulations (such as making a reservation in advance) that may be different from the airport rental facility. Thank you for taking the time to post your review, and we hope to see you again!
iflyalotornot
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I would give this place 1 star if it wasn't for the front desk clerk who offered to pay for our taxi when the airport shuttle (which they share with the Holiday inn next door) never showed. We waited 30 minutes only to be told its a few minutes away. At the end they did offer to pay for our cab.

For our inconvenience, the front desk clerk was happy to upgrade us to a jacuzzi room. When we walked into the room it was obvious this room was or used to be a smoking room. The smell was overwhelming. We were quickly moved to another similar room that didn't reek.

Location is not the greatest, not walking distance to any close restaurants, the shuttle would take you to a restaurant if you wanted to make those arrangements. If I wasn't a loyal Marriott Rewards Elite member I would not be staying here again, in fact I think I won't be staying here again.

The front desk clerk was accommodating and helpful and didn't flinch when I was raising my voice after the 4th time I called and told the shuttle was a few moments away. That shuttle driver was either on a break or part of someone's imagination.
Non existent.

Skip this place, find another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear about the delay you experienced with our shuttle service, but pleased that our front desk staff made the arrangements to pay for your transportation. I am also glad to see that they promptly switched rooms for you when the first room you were assigned did not meet your expectations. I completely understand how these issues may make you hesitant to return to our property, but would love the opportunity to show you that these were not common occurrences. If you are planning a return trip to the Seattle area, I would urge you to contact the hotel directly to inform me so that I may give your reservations my personal attention. Thank you very much for your comments.
London
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Marriott silver checkin 7 feb room 401 assigned a room behind the elevator perfect. So nice of them this after waiting for 30 mins for a shuttle after calling them.

Gym equipment abysmal. Some weird stuff in the water bottle in gym I think they just poor tap water into this flask!

Room gaudy. Into sketchy and disconnects a lot. Breakfast unhealthy.

To cap it off they told me shuttle wil take u to airport now. 10 mins later the dude is waiting for a guy who is checking his emails.

Am I a child minder? If the shuttle was gonna wait I'd get a cab to the car rental lot.

I'm sticking with Hampton inn on 28th seatac so much better. Avoid this place like the plague

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank kawoh
Matt F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I am disappointed to hear about the issues you encountered with our shuttle service, which is not typical of our employees’ commitment to customer service and satisfaction. I do hope you expressed these concerns to our front desk staff as we are happy to make alternative arrangements in these circumstances to ensure that our guests’ needs are met. We are also willing to change rooms for our guests when available if we become aware that their current room may not be satisfactory for any reason. I will also share your comments with our vendor who provides the water service in our exercise room as we want to ensure that the quality of their product and service meets the expectation of all of our guests. I do hope you return to us so that we may reverse the impression we left you with and show a level of service that truly reflects our staffs’ commitment to hospitality. I truly appreciate your feedback.
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a solid Fairfield property in almost all regards.

The big issue is parking. I got in at 10:30 pm and the lot was full. They own the Holiday Inn next door. That was full too. They told me they had parking on the other side of that hotel but that is too far--especially for families or those with a lot of luggage. Could also be a safety issue.

• Stayed February 2013
I am very sorry to hear you had difficulty parking during your recent stay. We do frequently partner with our sister hotel next door to ensure the maximum amount of parking space is available, and our shuttle drivers at both properties would be happy to assist any guests with families, a large amount of luggage, or any security concerns in quickly and easily getting from their car to our front door. Simply inquire at the front desk upon check-in and we would be happy to make these arrangements for you. I do hope your stay was otherwise enjoyable and you will return to us again when your travel needs bring you to the area. Thank you very much for your comments.